Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20151203_203625.jpg
IMG_20151203_203530.jpg
IMG_20151203_204039.jpg

Good feedback. Thanks mate... Did you end up grabbing the blue? (Can't remember)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to make up my mind between the modern and the black suited PF.

:panic:

Anyone want to give their thoughts?

I have both. I love the black, but I was never totally happy with either head and was always on the fence about getting a custom sculpt. UNTIL I saw the Modern Age Batman and decided to hold off on a custom sculpt. Now that I have him in the collection, I can say he 100% lived up to the initial pictures. He is a huge improvement on an already awesome Black version. Get the Blue. You won't be disappointed.

I honestly love both for different reasons. I think the Black is perfect for the Dark protector of Gotham look. It's what I picture Batman looking like if he were patrolling a crime infested City with insane villains like the Long Halloween or Year One. The Blue is very much the JLA Batman I remember from the 80's and Early 90's. This is the Batman that punched Superman in Death in the family and Fought Ras Al ghul in the middle of Desert with a sword.

So for me having Both was a must.
Bat1and2_3 SM.jpg

Trying to make up my mind between the modern and the black suited PF.

:panic:

Anyone want to give their thoughts?
Black for me. Bats and black go together perfectly. Sinister, dark, threatening, and intimidating. Blue just doesn't do it for me. And this is coming from a long time Bats comic collector. Most of the comics I have are with him in his blue costume. The blue is just way too bright for my tastes and makes him look less like a creature of the night.

I honestly love both for different reasons. I think the Black is perfect for the Dark protector of Gotham look. It's what I picture Batman looking like if he were patrolling a crime infested City with insane villains like the Long Halloween or Year One. The Blue is very much the JLA Batman I remember from the 80's and Early 90's. This is the Batman that punched Superman in Death in the family and Fought Ras Al ghul in the middle of Desert with a sword.

So for me having Both was a must.
View attachment 228590

Josh, they look terrific together but is your black and grey bats leaning slightly to your right and backwards. Also which comic book # was that epic battle between blue Bats and Ra Al Ghul?

Actually as weird as this sounds the black Batman is more upright than the blue. If you look at Rulks picks with both of them you'll see the same thing. The black bats torso sits up right while the blue seems to be angled more to one side. I noticed the difference as soon as I opened the blue one up.

The Batman/Ras fight is in Batman #244.

Josh, they look terrific together but is your black and grey bats leaning slightly to your right and backwards. Also which comic book # was that epic battle between blue Bats and Ra Al Ghul?

He does look like he's leaning...

For those on the fence or are trying to choose between the 2 versions: If you plan to get one AT THE MOMENT and get the other version some other time, I'd suggest you get the BLUE first. There's only 2000 of this made and with all the positive feedback it would surely dry up faster than we think.

Here you guys go, no lean, but like i said, the torso's are placed different...also helps when I hold the camera straight on instead of at an odd angle.

View attachment 228596

I thought it was leaning too, but then I noticed on your first pic (before this one with the line) that they weren't on the same angle, so that might also be a factor at how the stance looks like.

I thought it was leaning too, but then I noticed on your first pic (before this one with the line) that they weren't on the same angle, so that might also be a factor at how the stance looks like.

Also, I am going to move Catwoman immediately, I just realized how close I have to put her base to his to take these shots with the two of them together :lol Damn capes take up so much room..

Back