Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's disappointing. You'd think a replacement piece would be carefully checked & even more carefully packed!! Surely it can't go 3/3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's disappointing. You'd think a replacement piece would be carefully checked & even more carefully packed!! Surely it can't go 3/3

Hopefully third times a charm but given the second time was worse than the first and that the packaging inside the original's "art box" was the better of the two, I'm not overly hopeful.

I don't have 232, but I have this one.

batman18.jpg

Yep, both broken. Received it late on Friday so I don't expect to hear from them until Monday. The replacement was VERY poorly packaged, the box's padding (including wadded up heavy paper) was wedged right up against the blades on the gauntlet.

1 thing that SS needs to improve is how they package these replacement pieces when they know that since it's not in the original styrofoam, it's probably going to arrive damaged and in pieces. They should have instructed this collector to mail back the original shipper, box art with the styrofoam so they can resend it in that more secure packaging. But they want to save a little money and then you see this disaster is the result.

So after being hurt in a car accident it has been almost two months since I have been able to sculpt. So tonight I got going with some easy texturing. This is what came up with. Going to be turning his head either straight on like the Andy B head or maybe even a bit to the right.

Awesome work!!!!

I did not know about the car accident... What happened?

Excellent work and I hope so u are ok 100% after that accident my friend

Thanks gents

I will be honest I am no where near 100% yet. The first accident was just a little fender bender thought it did mess up my shoulder and back a bit. I was stopped at a red light and got rear ended. The second was me stopped on the highway because everyone in front of me was stopped and the guy behind me plowing into me at 120 km/h. Lots of supper sore parts and the concusion has really affected my reasoning and fine motor. This is the first time I could sculpt in about 2 months.

Last edited:
Thanks gents

I will be honest I am no where near 100% yet. The first accident was just a little fender bender thought it did mess up my shoulder and back a bit. I was stopped at a red light and got rear ended. The second was me stopped on the highway because everyone in front of me was stopped and the guy behind me plowing into me at 120 km/h. Lots of supper sore parts and the concusion has really affected my reasoning and fine motor. This is the first time I could sculpt in about 2 months.

Wow man... You are lucky to be alive... Glad you are on the mend... Hope you continue to heal. I will put you in my prayers.

Fantastic man, that is awesome.

Looks amazing Spidey!!

Thanks guys. When I guy is done with Hulk and Batgirl is is going to be Batmans turn...lol.

Wow man... You are lucky to be alive... Glad you are on the mend... Hope you continue to heal. I will put you in my prayers.

Yeah. I had about a second to react so I Almost pushed the brakes through the floor, and steered towards the median so I didn't go flying into other lanes. Worst sucker punch ever...lol.

Get well soon Spidey =)

Thanks Asdf that is the plan.

sorry to hear about the accidents Spidey...hope you have a speedy recovery.

I hope you have a full and speedy recovery Shawn. The Bats head sculpt is looking really good.

Thanks Gents... The recovery is probably going to be longer then I would like. I do finally feel like I am coming out of it a bit though.

Back