Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually as weird as this sounds the black Batman is more upright than the blue. If you look at Rulks picks with both of them you'll see the same thing. The black bats torso sits up right while the blue seems to be angled more to one side. I noticed the difference as soon as I opened the blue one up.

The Batman/Ras fight is in Batman #244.

Ok, I'm glad it's all good.

Thanks for the comic number, cause now I can easily find it in my LCS or on eBay. :yess:

More really awesome feedback & really appreciate the extra photos.

Filip- I've always loved the black costumes too. Grew up with the Keaton 89 costume as a strong influencer.

But, this blue absolutely nails a few of my favourite covers... Such as the Neal Adams Batman #241 & #251 classic covers... Even elements of Jim Lee's Batman 608 2nd printing...

Which is awesome.

The face & expression on the black don't remind me of anything, although the sculpt is rad.

I think it'll be blue now & maybe black later...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To go with my PF i received this for my birthday.

Super stoked, gonna hang it up next to these

More really awesome feedback & really appreciate the extra photos.

Filip- I've always loved the black costumes too. Grew up with the Keaton 89 costume as a strong influencer.

But, this blue absolutely nails a few of my favourite covers... Such as the Neal Adams Batman #241 & #251 classic covers... Even elements of Jim Lee's Batman 608 2nd printing...

Which is awesome.

The face & expression on the black don't remind me of anything, although the sculpt is rad.

I think it'll be blue now & maybe black later...

The black reminds me of Bolland
419928c082afe876a2b8fb3843ece794.jpg

The blue reminds me of Aparo/Breyfogle
3d95f521d2eb5eb6e308a17063db28e7.jpg

To go with my PF i received this for my birthday.

Super stoked, gonna hang it up next to these

Thats pretty damn cool!

The black reminds me of Bolland
419928c082afe876a2b8fb3843ece794.jpg

The blue reminds me of Aparo/Breyfogle
3d95f521d2eb5eb6e308a17063db28e7.jpg

The only real issue I have with this PF is that he's just way too big to be the Aparo/Breyfogle/Adams Bats. To get a true blue 70's Bats you need to slim him down greatly and give him a more athletic look. Now if they would have made a Jim Lee portrait for the blue Bats then I can say they nailed it because Lee always drew a fairly stout looking Bats. Of course then the yellow oval and 70's utility belt would have to go for a blue Lee PF to be accurate.

Holy 1972 vintage. This might be difficult to locate but not entirely impossible to find in a comic shop, but I want it just to read it. I don't remember it which means I never saw it or read it.
Theres an easier, and cheaper way to read that story. Check amazon for trade called, Tales of the Demon. It has Batman 232 and 244 along with a bunch of other Ras stories. My only issue with the trade is the redid the color digitally. It doesnt fit Neal Adams art, but still, a good read.

Theres an easier, and cheaper way to read that story. Check amazon for trade called, Tales of the Demon. It has Batman 232 and 244 along with a bunch of other Ras stories. My only issue with the trade is the redid the color digitally. It doesnt fit Neal Adams art, but still, a good read.

I have the Birth of the Demon tp

Thx, It's good to know this info. I wonder if comixology has it on their database, but I think they have things going back only so far. Wouldn't it be so great if they could actually go back 70-80 years back. I guess for now probably not possible.

Sorry to break up the conversation.

About 10 pages back I posted how I had received my Modern Age and it was broken. They offered to send me a replacement body. Well, it arrived on Friday.

So....yeah.
62998a577dce473a21c9f37120a27b06.jpg

Sorry to break up the conversation.

About 10 pages back I posted how I had received my Modern Age and it was broken. They offered to send me a replacement body. Well, it arrived on Friday.

So....yeah.
62998a577dce473a21c9f37120a27b06.jpg

So, that makes 2/2 broken? That SUCKS mate! Have SS customer service come back to you yet?

Yep, both broken. Received it late on Friday so I don't expect to hear from them until Monday. The replacement was VERY poorly packaged, the box's padding (including wadded up heavy paper) was wedged right up against the blades on the gauntlet.

Back