Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman Modern Age PF

I think for some reason the term variant is a bit of a misnomer to some. Everyone calls this a variant but complains about the similarities, a variant is a minor change to the existing piece thereby being similar it then becomes a "variant". Anything that changes a majority of the sculpt such as base coupled with arm positioning or likewise then becomes a new statue. Am I wrong? As far as "variants" go this is spot on. Would I like to see a whole new PF, yes. Would I have liked the option to buy either or at the same time, yes.

Just saying :duff

It would of been cool if they made this one a 100% Sculpted version.... Then fans of Mix Media and fans of Sculpted statues would all be happy :)

It would of been cool if they made this one a 100% Sculpted version.... Then fans of Mix Media and fans of Sculpted statues would all be happy :)

+1
Would love a fully sculpted version

my fave batman for sure. its a shame that it is just a rehash though. i have the original and I'm a big fan but this Batman is THE batman. He deserved a unique sculpt in my opinion. Bronze age Batman was a more lithe, athletic looking Batman as depicted by Adams/Aparo/Marshall. Not the brawler of recent lee depictions.

I will probably PO but I'm not ecstatic about this. Fantastic head sculpt. The body is all wrong.

I love the belt

I love it too, I love the classic capsule-type utility belt. Just saying that it could have been given a better-sized buckle, and a better paint. I know it's just the proto and I know that a lot of people on this section don't like nitpicking on statues that are on their insta-buy list, but I hope nobody gets me wrong.

So are we all on the same page that this variant (along with all the other variants released so far) will only have the 1 portrait? Thus making this modern Batman PF a lot cheaper than the original?

So are we all on the same page that this variant (along with all the other variants released so far) will only have the 1 portrait? Thus making this modern Batman PF a lot cheaper than the original?

It's onl been shown with that head, but we'll see if anything else is included on preview day

Looks like recently they have not charged more for the Variants so im going to say still 399.99

Either same price as precious Pf or higher

$410 is $400 too much!!!......for me :lol

Seriously. Bring on the new sculpts. We already have 9500 of the suckers out there on the market and now they're going to put out 5000 more variants of the same piece. I love the head sculpt. LOVE it but they really needed a new body and base to go with it. Blue and Grey Bats was never this "meaty." Still, if I could afford to buy everything I like, then I would buy this. It's nice but not perfect. A new body and base would have made me buy.

Seriously. Bring on the new sculpts. We already have 9500 of the suckers out there on the market and now they're going to put out 5000 more variants of the same piece. I love the head sculpt. LOVE it but they really needed a new body and base to go with it. Blue and Grey Bats was never this "meaty." Still, if I could afford to buy everything I like, then I would buy this. It's nice but not perfect. A new body and base would have made me buy.

I agree with this 1000 percent. Why so many of the same statues tweak just a tad bit with the same parts, and no new sculpts? I know it saves lots of money and time for more money and profits. I know it's business but come on. Once in a while just make some fans happier. We are paying a lot for these things as customers ss. I'm starting to see so many doubles soon in my collection that it's getting disappointing.

I agree with this 1000 percent. Why so many of the same statues tweak just a tad bit with the same parts, and no new sculpts? I know it saves lots of money and time for more money and profits. I know it's business but come on. Once in a while just make some fans happier. We are paying a lot for these things as customers ss. I'm starting to see so many doubles soon in my collection that it's getting disappointing.

Thanks for agreeing CBG. I would have loved an Adams/Aparo Batman with a brand new sculpt in my collection. The body on this just looks wrong as I said. That face sculpt is brilliant but I am not spending 400 dollars on a headsculpt. I hope with WW they really change up the next sculpt. And Superman as well. Give them a new base or environment at least and chaneg the pose slightly. Yeesh talk about taking the easy way out. Sideshow is capable of brilliant things... when they try. :)

Back