Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman Modern Age PF

I like him I just wish they had gone with a brand new sculpt and made him leaner which would have been more accurate to the era. Either way I save some funds by not picking this up. Congrats to those buying him. :)

Yes he's a bit thick. I don't remember batman twice as thick as superman. There's getting way too many repaints or use of the same parts. It's so much better to pay the same high prices for a brand new sculpt instead.

It would have been nice if they had used a reversed Superman body sculpt (as they did with Catwoman) to make this modern age Batman. The build would have been more approriate.

The face off of the two pieces would have looked great, a bit like this Jim Lee art DC Collectibles reproduced as book-ends.

Anyway, as is, I am not completely sold. I find the bat-symbol a bit too big and I was never too fond of neither the twisted pose nor the cape flow of the first release.

Does anyone know who did the new head sculpt?? I am just wondering if the gave Canale a chance to do the head for this as the rest of it is his and the Gore Group's.

Idk I like the original one I think I like more still

Are they going to do a joker variant next. The hands the first one are perfectly placed to be loading a ridiculously long barreled revolver. Maybe a black and white suite like from "The Last Laugh" by Bolland. I'd like like to see a more gangter looking Joker. I love the first one, but he's pretty damn creepy.

I thought the trinity is completed, now I'm afraid that another trinity is ready to take the throne.

I like him I just wish they had gone with a brand new sculpt and made him leaner which would have been more accurate to the era. Either way I save some funds by not picking this up. Congrats to those buying him. :)

Yes. New sculpt that fits that era

I'v always preferred the black and grey, and I'd also of liked more differences like maybe a different base or arm position. I like it regardless though and would love to get it but with the terrible Canadian dollar I can't see myself ordering this.

I love this one, I think it's the best looking Batman item Sideshow has done yet. The head sculpt is fantastic. I'm a sucker for the classic blue, grey and yellow oval so I'm getting sucked in. It looks great. The thing I don't like is how lazy it is as a variant. They could have made a unique body (with a new pose) and a different base. There seems like little to no effort here on their part.

Anyway, I dig it. That 70s/80s/90s, Adams/Aparo/Garcia-Lopez look has always been my favorite. Now that we have a bust and a Premium Format of it, how long before a 1/6 figure? Gotta be soon right?

Back