Batman Life Size Bust Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend who paints for SS have seen it and he can assure me that I will love it.

I will love it, it's batman and it's not Adam West or Clooney. But a serious representation of more of a comic book Batman. It's a must have.

Don't be hatin' on West. He's the reason some of us started collecting Bats in the first place. It's hard for the young'uns to understand, but Batmania reigned supreme in 1966, the like of which we haven't seen since. 1989 was close, 2008 was awesome, but '66 was THE YEAR OF THE BAT.

However, I give you leave to pour your hatred upon Schumacher/Clooney.

Don't be hatin' on West. He's the reason some of us started collecting Bats in the first place. It's hard for the young'uns to understand, but Batmania reigned supreme in 1966, the like of which we haven't seen since. 1989 was close, 2008 was awesome, but '66 was THE YEAR OF THE BAT.

I guess i just don't see and could not appreciate the campy and almost funny take that West portrayed.

I mean, yes during the ____ Sprang run on the comic books, Batman was kinda wacky and the atmosphere was just really campy (to me personally it's just not Batman at all and really stupid in my personal opinion).

I grew up reading Batman books by Dennis O' Neil and Neal Adams, and that was the dark batman I like and I believe that is how it should be. I mean for a guy who was surrounded by anger and sadness watching his parents got killed and living that trauma and having those negativity aspect of crime that pushes Bruce to fight crime.... I don't think an angry man like Batman could do campy in fighting crimes.

But that's my two cents and my personal opinion. I started collecting batman because of that first taste of Batman from the Dennis O' Neil/Neal Adams era books.

But if we talk about movie wise, I think my favorite is Batman Begins. I think Batman Begins is greater movie to TDK. Of course i love the 2 movies that Tim Burton directed too and absolutely love the visuals of Batman Returns.

I am hoping this bust to be Black / grey suit version or a really dark blue / grey version kinda like Arkham City color scheme, but if not it's still cool. :)

Batman is the most malleable character in comics. He works as both the brooding creature of the night as seen in the Nolan films, as well as the kid-friendly sensei to the DC Universe that we see on BRAVE AND THE BOLD. As a four-year old kid in 1966, I really believed that shark was hanging off his leg, and it was serious business!

Adam West is just as an integral part of Batman's history as is Keaton or Bale. That a person may not care for that iteration is perfectly fine, but it sure as hell is not "stupid" to those of us who were there.

Batman is the most malleable character in comics. He works as both the brooding creature of the night as seen in the Nolan films, as well as the kid-friendly sensei to the DC Universe that we see on BRAVE AND THE BOLD. As a four-year old kid in 1966, I really believed that shark was hanging off his leg, and it was serious business!

Adam West is just as an integral part of Batman's history as is Keaton or Bale. That a person may not care for that iteration is perfectly fine, but it sure as hell is not "stupid" to those of us who were there.

I really don't like West's Batman, or the show at all. But I do understand why people would like it, and why it was so important to its time, as well as to the overall Bat mythos.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who weren't around in this time period who like West's Batman, but I would think that being around when it was big is pretty integral to liking it.

There are younger people that don't care for the Keaton Batman. The sun sets and rises with Bale because that's what they know of now. It's a generation thing. You had to be a kid and watch West's show to feel anything for it. Otherwise I can see people thinking it's stupid.

It's funny how the 90's animated series transcends the split of the live action stuff. It really is almost universally loved by all Bat-fans.

I like west & keaton, but I don't really care for bale

Every batman fan/collector has their favorite era's and the great thing is since he is such a popular character i see lots of different products/versions for us all to enjoy :)

There are younger people that don't care for the Keaton Batman. The sun sets and rises with Bale because that's what they know of now. It's a generation thing. You had to be a kid and watch West's show to feel anything for it. Otherwise I can see people thinking it's stupid.

It's funny how the 90's animated series transcends the split of the live action stuff. It really is almost universally loved by all Bat-fans.

BTAS is just SOOOOOOO awesome !!!!!!! :)
especially with Kevin Conroy that really defines that Batman voice. Pure awesome.

Absolutely. Kevin Conroy will always be my favorite Batman and Tim Daly my favorite Superman.

i hope sideshow puts this up for order on a reasonable day like today or tomorrow. Saturday or Monday would be a real kick in the balls...especially after such a weak day of pre-orders (Wed).

Back