Batman Life Size Bust Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grab it, Professor! For some crazy reason, the Black is "basic," the Blue a gorgeous, Technicolor variation. You can have the first without the second, but you can't have the second without the first. Congrats to the lucky fans who wind up with both. The Black version captures Batman's mysterious and intimidating Dark Knight persona, which is an absolute must IMO, while the Blue is just plain pretty as hell and photographs beautifully, with the lighter hue bringing out all the intricate brow detail. Either way you can't lose. The sculpt is simply captivating, its face suggesting a kind of Max Von Sydow brooding sophistication... an older, wiser Dark Knight who not only plays chess with the Devil, but might actually win a few games. Oh, and I agree with you completely about the Joker bust being too tall for his opposite number. This was a surprising SS miscalculation, never more evident that in the profile comparison. If only we could squeeze Mr. J's elongated neck down a bit... But I think your solution (put 'em on different desk sides) is a smart one. Then again, if you should get the black bust (do it, man!), you might want to have Joker sandwiched between both, surrounded as it were, suggesting that there's no escape from the Dark Knight's Black and Blue justice.

I would only want one with the sculpts being so similar.............. unless of course the second was offered to me at a discount :lol

It's tempting - would have to drive 350 miles to pick it up.

Hmmm That's a hell of a drive, figure about 5hours each way depending on speed and traffic. For my truck that's about a tank and half each way so figure another $180 in gas and then tolls if there are any. It's pretty much almost as if you bought it retail. But yeah, that would be really tempting.

It's probably a "go" on the black/gray, but I won't be able to pick him up until August.

Having a lot of fun photographing this piece.

Attachments

• batbust4.jpg
    batbust4.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 223
It's probably a "go" on the black/gray, but I won't be able to pick him up until August.

Having a lot of fun photographing this piece.

I thought about photoshoppign him but then that would just make me want the black even more but you beat me to it. :lol One day I'll have both. I wonder if I should buy Besta Cubes for these....if they'll fit...

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but some black/gray busts have a glossy finish (first photo), while others are flat or "matte" in appearance (second photo, posed with the new Blue bust -- which ALWAYS seems to be glossy). I happen to have a "matte black/gray," and have always been happy with it. I must admit, however, that the "shiny leather" look seems to accentuate detail, another reason automatically-glossy Bust #2 is so appealing (the lighter color already enables us to see more). Still and all, I won't be trading my matte Black for a glossy black anytime soon...ujugezas.jpgIMG_0028.JPG

Which means that between Joker and Batman, I overspent to the tune of $150. I would have gotten an extra $50 in rewards on Batman, plus the shipping for both busts.

I wasn't going to call SS regarding the paint flaw on my Bat bust, but I'll now be dialing the phone immediately.

Ordered Modern Batman bust today. Free shipping and $68 rewards made my decision easier. Used the ComicCon14 code for another $20 as well.

Too bad like others, I ordered the Joker bust too early. I should have waited. Free shipping and double rewards make a big difference on 1:1 busts.

Stop it! Now there's a $20 off coupon? So you're telling me that I overpaid $120 on this piece alone? I don't enjoy feeling like I've been taken advantage of by a company that I've (sometimes reluctantly) been supporting to the tune of thousands of dollars, just this year alone.

Stop it! Now there's a $20 off coupon? So you're telling me that I overpaid $120 on this piece alone? I don't enjoy feeling like I've been taken advantage of by a company that I've (sometimes reluctantly) been supporting to the tune of thousands of dollars, just this year alone.
It sucks, but, I'm sure we've all bought something only to findout two weeks later it's on sale. Thats basically what just happened.

Its not overly surprising you know they try to move stock this time of year. Thats why a lot of said no orders till SDCC. I do feel for you guys though. I would defiantly try an call. A lot of place do give you a deal if it occurs within a certain time frame of your purchase usually like a week to 10 days.

Forget that. Too much like work, and feels a little shady to me, although not as shady as the recent discussion in the Bat PF thread.

Back