Premium Format Batman Keaton Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It happens when new stuff gets released, ppls cards get declined, whole bunch of reasons. Sorta like what Bruce was saying

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

No Jedi it's a conspiracy.
4281b927a8a068f0d06dc6ae3275ccc4.jpg

Hi Guys,

This is my first post. :)

I've pre ordered the EX and while I've collected a few Hot Toys this is to be my first Premium Format statue. However, a few photos that have popped up are making think I should maybe cancel my pre-order....

face.jpg

front.jpg

rear.jpg

I know crappy phone pictures never help and that a good photo is all down to the lighting, but what's with the blue splodges? The paintwork looks naff compared to the promo shots which is all black. The face looks awful too. The eyes are open much wider than the promo and the paintwork again isn't very good in comparison. What do you guys/gals think, would these photos be enough to put you off? I'm not cancelling yet, but need to think about it. :/

EDIT - You can see higher res shots of it here.... https://www.flickr.com/photos/paulnomad/sets/72157646489384981

Your definetly new to this game.

All statues would look like that if used with flash, doesn't show the true statue.

Bad photos like that have made collectors panic in the past, it's best not to use flash when taking photos of statues.:)

Hi Guys,

This is my first post. :)

I've pre ordered the EX and while I've collected a few Hot Toys this is to be my first Premium Format statue. However, a few photos that have popped up are making think I should maybe cancel my pre-order....

View attachment 136686

View attachment 136687

View attachment 136688

I know crappy phone pictures never help and that a good photo is all down to the lighting, but what's with the blue splodges? The paintwork looks naff compared to the promo shots which is all black. The face looks awful too. The eyes are open much wider than the promo and the paintwork again isn't very good in comparison. What do you guys/gals think, would these photos be enough to put you off? I'm not cancelling yet, but need to think about it. :/

EDIT - You can see higher res shots of it here.... https://www.flickr.com/photos/paulnomad/sets/72157646489384981

Even with the crappy pics he looks awesome.

Meaning it's the same one as in the photos I posted? Sorry, not sure if that's what you mean. It doesn't look like it, there's no blue at all.

I would never believe pictures taken with flash, it'll enhance all the imperfections and wash out all the colors of the statue, can you imagine if all your life you had flash shining on your mug? You or I wouldn't look very good either.

When you take a pic with flash on a black painted polystone statue the flash's reflection will be captured by the camera and will look blue. There are no blue splotches on this statue whatsoever.

Thanks, makes me feel a bit more confident

Back