Premium Format Batman Keaton Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its really impossible to tell if the exclusive version will still be in stock by next week Friday because Sideshow hasn't released the ES on the exclusive yet. If they are making a lot of them then you have a chance he will still be in stock by next Friday. If they are making less of these than the comic version then he probably will sell out within this weekend. But the regular version should definitely still be available by next Friday.

SS will normally open these for bout 2 weeks or so, then decide the edition size based on the demand on the initial POs. I think this will still be available in 3 weeks time, but don't hold me on that. :lol

They shoulda give Trevor to sculpt the head, as he'll nail the likeness. Still deciding if I wanna get this or not. Despite not being 100% sold on the likeness, this maybe one of the few statues that will be available in the future of the 89 license, considering most companies are mostly interested in doing the newer stuffs nowadays.

Thanks, guys. I hope I still get one, but the statue is so awesome, I would also take the regular.
If you wouldve asked me half a year ago if I would be interested in a Keaton PF I would've laughed my butt off. Now I can't stop thinking about that thing! Wow. LOVE the pose and base sooooooooooooo much.

Update. Still think this one might get cancelled, with loss of the NRD, as we progress through the year and new comic based Pfs turn up. Wonder Woman will be mine whatever happens however.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good move. Lobo and Wonder Woman are the only upcoming DC comics PFs we have heard of with any concrete certainty. SDCC may bring more and possibly another JLA 1:1 bust.

Personally, I can't afford to take any side roads on movie PFs. Even for a Keaton Batman PF and I love the character of Batman.

Do what I'm doing. Preorder the Ex., buy it. Once we receive it in hand, if it isn't as good as the in progress pics and doesn't meet expectations, sell it off.

After seeing that in progress shot of the resins and tweaking the lighting of Sideshow's pics in photoshop, I have faith that the final product will kick ***. If it's not, I doubt the secondary market prices will be less than what we end up paying. Worst case, break even. Best case, awesome Batman statue.

Good plan but Im pretty strap for cash for now, and I'd rather get something that I like and Im confident in - like HT stuffs. Im sure they'll release the Returns stuff this year. I don't like betting my money on sub par stuffs, though if I had some spares, I'd do what you do.

I'm the other way around - Have no interest in comics or any comic character, only movie versions, so all my PF and statues are movie based.
Only time I'd buy a comic anything is to flip it, if the demand is there.
This PF for me is a must-have, and I expect it to be spectacular.

Good plan but Im pretty strap for cash for now, and I'd rather get something that I like and Im confident in - like HT stuffs. Im sure they'll release the Returns stuff this year. I don't like betting my money on sub par stuffs, though if I had some spares, I'd do what you do.

See, so am I. :lol

I figure this won't be out until next year though (Sideshow's record, October my ***) so I'm not too worried.

I've read all the criticisms and I've looked at the pictures over and over again. I have to honestly say that I really love the statue the way it is. I love the turn of the head so much more than if the statue was statically looking forward, I l love the spiral stairs and the detailed base, I love that it is 26.5" tall overall. That cape is amazing, the costume sculpt is also amazing (yes, even the form fitting area of the pants and the Nike boots). The cowl looks impeccable to me and I also like the face. The bottom line for me is that I hope they don't change anything about this piece. I really feel that they did a great job capturing the mood that this piece should convey. That is simply my personal opinion.

I had absolutely no plans on buying this, even after seeing the initial picture released during this year's Spooktacular but the full reveal blew me away, for the most part.

I've read all the criticisms and I've looked at the pictures over and over again. I have to honestly say that I really love the statue the way it is. I love the turn of the head so much more than if the statue was statically looking forward, I l love the spiral stairs and the detailed base, I love that it is 26.5" tall overall. That cape is amazing, the costume sculpt is also amazing (yes, even the form fitting area of the pants and the Nike boots). The cowl looks impeccable to me and I also like the face. The bottom line for me is that I hope they don't change anything about this piece. I really feel that they did a great job capturing the mood that this piece should convey. That is simply my personal opinion.

I had absolutely no plans on buying this, even after seeing the initial picture released during this year's Spooktacular but the full reveal blew me away, for the most part.

I agree, the stairs or head turn may not be movie accurate in any way but it gives height and presence to something that may been a little bit "meh"on a standard base (to me anyway). Even though I still think a HT 1/4 should be more accurate (esp the portrait) it will be hard to pose it to make it look more epic and capture the attention like this piece. That artistic license is the beauty and the heart of statue collecting in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back