Premium Format Batman Keaton Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really a big deal. My dad is a commercial artist and has spent most of his career drawing advertisements and movie posters for Disney and most of the other studios.

It's funny. When you work in the industry or are around it all the time, we don't "geek out" as much as the rest of the world over celebrities and artists, etc. haha :lol

It's funny. When you work in the industry or are around it all the time, we don't "geek out" as much as the rest of the world over celebrities and artists, etc. haha :lol

It seems glamorous on the outside but we all know most of what goes on behind the scenes is usually damn hard work. However it is fun to see those associated with show business in some form or another. For some its prob a dream job.

Still cool. Does your father have any unique 89 artwork etc. Would love to see it.

He might, I’ll have to look the next time I’m over at his house. There’s a lot of stuff from over the years and it’s not totally organized but I’ll look around.

...and you call that -not a big deal?!!.. :horror

...that is super awesome. :lecture

:)
Thanks Figurefreaks. :duff

That's true at the end of the day most of the people doing the heavy lifting behind the scenes are just like you and me. They just have a job that more fun.:wink1:

He might, I’ll have to look the next time I’m over at his house. There’s a lot of stuff from over the years and it’s not totally organized but I’ll look around.

Awesome... That would be rad to see some of his stuff.:hi5:

Not really a big deal. My dad is a commercial artist and has spent most of his career drawing advertisements and movie posters for Disney and most of the other studios.

That's really awesome! Is he still active in the biz?

It's because you get desensitized, and you see that amidst the glamour they are normal people as well. The first time I went to a comic convention I was starstruck by comicbook superstars and actors who attend the show. The first time I worked with Alex Ross I didn't know how to reply to his emails :lol Eventually I got the hang of it.

Anyway, I scrapped all the photos I took at the show, should have brought a better camera. But here's one I took of the back of the cowl. I thought no one would mind if I used flash on it.

P6210703_zps364cdae0.jpg

That's really awesome! Is he still active in the biz?

It's because you get desensitized, and you see that amidst the glamour they are normal people as well. The first time I went to a comic convention I was starstruck by comicbook superstars and actors who attend the show. The first time I worked with Alex Ross I didn't know how to reply to his emails :lol Eventually I got the hang of it.

Anyway, I scrapped all the photos I took at the show, should have brought a better camera. But here's one I took of the back of the cowl. I thought no one would mind if I used flash on it.

P6210703_zps364cdae0.jpg

Since you saw the statue personally, what are your thoughts? Is it good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you saw the statue personally, what are your thoughts? Is it good?

I hope no one crucifies me for saying this, but I didn't like the statue enough to place an order after seeing the preview piece sent by Sideshow for last weekend's Toy Con. I'm a big Batman 1989 fan, but I find the statue's pose too forced, particularly the neck turn. I wasn't impressed by the likeness as well. That's just me, though.

Overall it's a great display piece, one that definitely has shelf presence. The Batcave base and the sculpt of the armor are all superbly crafted, while the cape is made of great material that is not cheap at all to the touch (we're not supposed to touch the displays but it helped that I'm a regular customer so they allowed me to get a feel).

I hope no one crucifies me for saying this, but I didn't like the statue enough to place an order after seeing the preview piece sent by Sideshow for last weekend's Toy Con. I'm a big Batman 1989 fan, but I find the statue's pose too forced, particularly the neck turn. I wasn't impressed by the likeness as well. That's just me, though.

Overall it's a great display piece, one that definitely has shelf presence. The Batcave base and the sculpt of the armor are all superbly crafted, while the cape is made of great material that is not cheap at all to the touch (we're not supposed to touch the displays but it helped that I'm a regular customer so they allowed me to get a feel).

That sounds disappointing. I'm not a big fan of this film at all but was still considering ordering because it's Batman and it looked good to me in the photos, but if you're a big fan of the film and still didn't like the statue enough to order it then it can't be that good, lol.

That sounds disappointing. I'm not a big fan of this film at all but was still considering ordering because it's Batman and it looked good to me in the photos, but if you're a big fan of the film and still didn't like the statue enough to order it then it can't be that good, lol.

Well, being a big fan of something can be a double-edged sword. It's either you're easily pleased and would buy anything of that character you love, or be very meticulous and want things to be very good to your eyes. Unfortunately I found the statue not so impressive.

Again, that's just me. If there's a way for you to see the statue first in person once it's released before making a purchase, that could help you decide :)

Ohh so thats why you only gave us a back shot of this statue coz you didnt like it.
Hehe.. Just kiddin. Thanks for that feedback..

Back