Batman: Gotham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched it a couple of days ago, The first story was kinda weak, but the rest are awesome, Conroy is back in all his glory. I love the way he even captures a younger Bruce Wayne. A worthy companion to the two movies

Just finished watching it. It was OK. It was Batman afterall. But I'm just not a big Anime fan so that may be part of the problem.

man the reviews are ALL OVER the place. I have no idea whether to pick it up or not....probably will though.

I can understand what you mean, to enjoy this DVD to it's fullest.. you really have to like Anime.

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from Buttmunch. It's funny too since I AM Asian and all my Asian friends single me out for not watching a lot of anime. I do enjoy some shows like Cowboy Bebop, InuYasha, and Yu-gi-oh some. But what I really love are the anime movies from Hayao Miyazaki, and another particular anime movie called "Grave of the Fireflies".
Otherwise, most anime doesn't enthrall me too much. I'll give it a chance if it's a movie though:lol

With that said, I do want to watch Gotham Knight and I have it already shipping to me from Amazon. It's Batman so it can't be that bad! :)

me too I'm not a huge fan of anime but I thought this rocked!! I loved the madhouse production film at then end.

I might be interested. How does this connect to the films? Does it have Joker or Scarecrow or Dent?

Not a huge Anime fan either, but the quality of the work is outstanding regardless. Very stylish and very cool stuff. I recommend it for the two disc set, and the extras. The doc on the villains and the one on Bob Kane are really nicely done.

Hmm, I was hoping there would be a consensus on whether this is any good or not. I suppose I'll have to pick it up and decide for myself.

Fantastic movie. The anime is outstanding, and the amount of blood and violence is definitely what I was looking for. It really has a feel like a lot of the comics do. Looks amazing on Blu. :rock

This actually put me to sleep. I guess I'll watch the last two bits eventually. I can't express how truly disappointed I am in this. It was like a bunch of ham fisted morality tales. I hope the last two stories are better. Scarecrow was pretty cool...creepy.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Picked mines up at suncoast last night on Bluray. My very first Bluray, didnt watch it yet. Need to pick up a HDMI cable for my PS3. Plus I got a free Gotham Knight poster with my copy.

Just finished it and I liked it a lot more then I thought I was going to. The short with the EMP thing was a little off and it was weird hearing Kevin Conroy's voice come out of a character that is drawn like that.

DId anyone notice that in THROUGH THE PAIN, one of the voices of the punk kids was Will Friedi (the voice of Terry McGinnis on Batman Beyond)

DId anyone notice that in THROUGH THE PAIN, one of the voices of the punk kids was Will Friedi (the voice of Terry McGinnis on Batman Beyond)

Wow, didn't notice that myself.

I loved every short. They were all well done. And for [eople asking about the EMP (as in what the hell), I mean, so what? It's friggin Batman. If you think the Tumbler is ok, than surely you'd think that EMP is ok....

I enjoyed it a lot. Of course the highlight was hearing Conroy as Batman again, even if his voice didn't sound quite right coming out of a couple of the Batmans due to animation style. My favorite was "Working Through The Pain" as well. I would place the one with Scarecrow and Croc as second.

Saw it at the AX2008 screening. The audience loved it, applauded whenever Batman showed up in each of the shorts. I thought it was alright, some were obviously better than others.

I just don't think it fits in well with Nolan's world, which was especially disappointing because it was marketed as something that would supposedly bridge the gap between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Gotham Knight did NOT.

Kevin Conroy is always great, but like some others have mentioned, his voice seemed out of place with some of the Batman and Bruce Wayne incarnations.

The best thing I got from the Gotham Knight screening was a cool little flashlight keychain with the movie logo on it.

Yea, did it really bridge any gap between the films. Almost seemed like the six stories didn't quite fit in with the films.

I just finished watching it and enjoyed it. I think it's a pretty good stand alone Batman "movie". There isn't anything I can see connecting it to Batman Begin and the only way I can see it being connected to Dark Knight is if
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just saw it and probably will never watch it again. It didn't feel like the Nolan Batman and certainly wasn't the Dini/Timm Batman. I guess I can admire the stylistic rendering in some of the episodes, but overall the stories didn't really grab me. Seemed to be just action for action's sake. I guess Through the Pain was really the only one that I liked, since it did deal with Bruce's character somewhat.

Back