Statue Batman: Black & White (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just called my comic store as I have one on hold. They did not see the statue listed on their invoice for this week's release. Last minute delay I guess.

Ok, got this reply from A10 Collectibles, wtf! :mad:

Hello Michael.

I just checked with Diamond (DC’s official distributor) and they are now showing an August release date. I confirm it is not in this week’s shipment.

Delays like this are common in the industry. If you wish to cancel you may do so at any time prior to shipping.

Best regards,

Esteban

Had one of the worst days at work today that I can remember, then checked my email right before I left work to find out that my order of the BW Harley (1st ed) got cancelled because of allocation issues (DCBS).

After punching the walls a couple of times, I put it in my head that I'm not paying $300 for this statue. I'm going to wait until they re-release her, since that seems to be the new trend.

So, the wait begins......

Went to the comic store today and asked if the Harley is coming out anytime soon. Comic store owner checked and sees that it's coming out next week. Just checked ComicList and they also have the statue listed for next week's release :pray:

From DC Entertainment retailer newsletter i was expecting this.

DC COLLECTIBLES ANNOUNCES ALLOCATIONS FOR THE BATMAN BLACK & WHITE HARLEY QUINN STATUE

Please note that the BATMAN BLACK & WHITE HARLEY QUINN STATUE (DEC130359), arriving in stores on June 25, will be allocated by approximately 50 percent.

From DC Entertainment retailer newsletter i was expecting this.

DC COLLECTIBLES ANNOUNCES ALLOCATIONS FOR THE BATMAN BLACK & WHITE HARLEY QUINN STATUE

Please note that the BATMAN BLACK & WHITE HARLEY QUINN STATUE (DEC130359), arriving in stores on June 25, will be allocated by approximately 50 percent.

DOH. Well I have one at BBTS and one at EE... lets see which one gets here first. :)

I ordered mine pretty late. It was only once I saw that EE was one of the only sites left still offering pre-orders. I'm just going to assume my order will be canceled and be pleasantly surprised if I do get one. I also have the SDCC-exclusive Arkham Harley on pre-order, so as long as that pans out I'll be happy.

I've seen the "allocations may occur" note on DC solicitations, but I've never paid much mind to them. Have you guys seen an allocation percentage this low before? Will later orders be fulfilled or more likely cancelled? No wonder DC solicited the 2nd version so quickly.

I've seen the "allocations may occur" note on DC solicitations, but I've never paid much mind to them. Have you guys seen an allocation percentage this low before? Will later orders be fulfilled or more likely cancelled? No wonder DC solicited the 2nd version so quickly.
I have never heard of a 50% allocation rate. At that rate, everyone who ordered late has to worry about their order being canceled. Retailers can only fill the top half of their orders. There will be a lot of disappointed peeps when it comes to this piece.

I don't understand how the allocation rate can be so high. 5200 should have meant retailers taking pre-orders should have been assured an x amount of orders and cut it off at that rather than taking everyone's po and trim off the excess. It only created a faulty sense of security for those of us that thought we had one in the bag. I doubt I made the top 50 percent - thought I was guaranteed one. Now I have to deal with higher prices and mark my words - gonna raise hell with the locals on release day if that happens.

Bottom line is you can't blame retailers for this mess. Retailers are going to take POs. DCC has to fill them. This doesn't happen very often, but when it does...it isn't pretty. Retailers have no idea that allocations will occur until after the fact. It's no small wonder a variant was offered so soon after the original was released.

I get it. I po'd online and I'm sure it'll get cancelled. But what I'm mainly getting at is that as a result I'll have to resort to dealing locally and I know these shops will have her jacked, THAT they can guarantee.

I get it. I po'd online and I'm sure it'll get cancelled. But what I'm mainly getting at is that as a result I'll have to resort to dealing locally and I know these shops will have her jacked, THAT they can guarantee.
Yeah, that's when I'd be upset. If a retailer I ordered from canceled my order and then I found out they were selling her at a mark up...that'd pissed me off. I would certainly never do business with them again.

You just have to figure some of the local retailers you mentioned probably pulled that stunt so they could sell her at a mark up. I mean, if they cancel an out of town order and just toss her on a shelf at a mark up...how would anyone who's order was canceled know?

Last edited:
Just confirmed with my comic store that they'll be getting a few Harley statues in tomorrow :yess:

Hopefully I'll be able to pick an extra one up for a buddy of mine who's in Brazil watching the World Cup :gah:

Back