Statue Batman: Black & White (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they both hard to get and expensive?

Very much so. Even the re-release goes for well above retail now.

Hard to find? absolutely not, you can get them almost any time you want them. Expensive, the first one sure is but the second depends. If you need the Allred also here's a guy selling them on Ebay for $225 for both, and it's an or best offer listing. Send him an offer, maybe you can get lucky. But hurry because it's ending soon.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Bla...29?pt=US_Comics_Figurines&hash=item2ed1fcc1bd

Whoa! So many v2s! Guess they will will re-release every single one of them now. Good for folks who never got into this line. Though I really don't like the white coloured bases at all.

I wish they do Bermejo Joker, Catwoman, and Mazzucchelli's & Beyond Bats too.

Hard to find? absolutely not, you can get them almost any time you want them. Expensive, the first one sure is but the second depends. If you need the Allred also here's a guy selling them on Ebay for $225 for both, and it's an or best offer listing. Send him an offer, maybe you can get lucky. But hurry because it's ending soon.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Bla...29?pt=US_Comics_Figurines&hash=item2ed1fcc1bd

Relisted at $200 OBO: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Bla...31?pt=US_Comics_Figurines&hash=item2ed2218257

After a second glance at the v2s, I realized that the chest logos are changed too. Other than Bisley, I don't quite like the rest of the 3. Can't see Bolland's clearly and the one on Risso looks quite wacky!

BMBW_2ndEdition_Risso_53766f22ad2a3975356607_zps8705871e.jpg
bmbwrissojpg-882e37_960w_zps29e10d86.jpg

My favourite too! Love his art! I have read Broken City like n number of times now. :)

After a second glance at the v2s, I realized that the chest logos are changed too. Other than Bisley, I don't quite like the rest of the 3. Can't see Bolland's clearly and the one on Risso looks quite wacky!

BMBW_2ndEdition_Risso_53766f22ad2a3975356607_zps8705871e.jpg
bmbwrissojpg-882e37_960w_zps29e10d86.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Risso's artwork is excellent. I particularly love his Batman. Broken City was a great read and Risso's art was fantastic.

As for the Risso B&W statue, I was floored when I saw it. I remember going through a Previews catalog about a decade ago at my LCS and drooling over how good the Risso piece looked. I POd it instantly. I have purchased many B&W pieces since then but none have quite struck me the same way. If I was forced to sell all of my B&W pieces, I'd still keep the Risso statue. I love it too much to ever let it go. I agree with you on the v2 Risso piece. The bat emblem looks way too big and gaudy with a circle around it. The original release looks far better IMO. However, for those that don't have the piece already and don't mind the large circle emblem, this is an easy pick up. Tony Cipriano did an amazing job on the Risso piece. I'm still loving it after all these years.

Yeah, Risso's artwork is excellent. I particularly love his Batman. Broken City was a great read and Risso's art was fantastic.

As for the Risso B&W statue, I was floored when I saw it. I remember going through a Previews catalog about a decade ago at my LCS and drooling over how good the Risso piece looked. I POd it instantly. I have purchased many B&W pieces since then but none have quite struck me the same way. If I was forced to sell all of my B&W pieces, I'd still keep the Risso statue. I love it too much to ever let it go. I agree with you on the v2 Risso piece. The bat emblem looks way too big and gaudy with a circle around it. The original release looks far better IMO. However, for those that don't have the piece already and don't mind the large circle emblem, this is an easy pick up. Tony Cipriano did an amazing job on the Risso piece. I'm still loving it after all these years.

I find Risso's art better than many other artists. That typical Gothic style of his, I can compare it with Tim Sale's in many ways. When I got the B&W statue, it was such a different thing altogether! I was collecting Bowens and DCDs, and suddenly you have this small guy, so intricately detailed, and with that awesome noir look! It was quite refreshing. You pick any of his Bats, from any of the panels, it has a very conspicuous dark and moody feel to it. Maybe its the more 'black' and darkness that he uses which gels well with Bat's persona. Never anything too defined or clear.

RissoBats_zps90de8bbe.jpg
EduardoRissoBatmanBigWow2013_zps0fb942a3.jpg
batman-noir-eduardo-risso_zpse406c71e.jpg
batman13_zps80a6a9cb.jpg
l_zpsb6b6347e.jpg

As Sanjai said, if DCD does some of these in 1/4 (with some actual, proper, good QC) they would be an instant sellout!

I find Risso's art better than many other artists. That typical Gothic style of his, I can compare it with Tim Sale's in many ways. When I got the B&W statue, it was such a different thing altogether! I was collecting Bowens and DCDs, and suddenly you have this small guy, so intricately detailed, and with that awesome noir look! It was quite refreshing. You pick any of his Bats, from any of the panels, it has a very conspicuous dark and moody feel to it. Maybe its the more 'black' and darkness that he uses which gels well with Bat's persona. Never anything too defined or clear.

RissoBats_zps90de8bbe.jpg
EduardoRissoBatmanBigWow2013_zps0fb942a3.jpg
batman-noir-eduardo-risso_zpse406c71e.jpg
batman13_zps80a6a9cb.jpg
l_zpsb6b6347e.jpg

As Sanjai said, if DCD does some of these in 1/4 (with some actual, proper, good QC) they would be an instant sellout!

I agree on all points. Risso is a great artist. His work does translate well to dark and moody characters. I find his style to be a combination of Sale/Miller when it comes to Batman. He has Sales level of detail and draws Bats as a pretty large man and captures that noir style much like Miller does. Man, if that Risso piece was released in 1/4 scale, I'd be all over it. Many of these pieces would be a HUGE hit in 1/4 scale. To be quite honest, my display room and my wallet couldn't handle all the B&W pieces I like in 1/4 scale. I'm actually glad these B&W pieces are the size that they are. The price and size make it easier on me all across the board. :lol

my display room and my wallet couldn't handle all the B&W pieces I like in 1/4 scale.

^ This.

I believe the manufacturers know the fact that us 'handful' of collectors have only so much of space and money. Many a times I see folks talking about this or that company 'going to give a stiff competition to SS now'. However, how many will be able to sustain the 1/4 scale segment, is the question. Imagine the production cost involved in bigger scale, plus replacement costs, plus all those variable and fixed overheads, this, that. Smaller scale with a lesser price tag sells more / is easier to sell, imo. I am guessing selling a Harley with an ES of 5200 at $70-80 will be easier than selling all those 7500 Bats PF at $400.

Right about Risso having the combination of Miller and Sale. I wouldn't mind seeing his works in an Absolute edition. Speaking of which, dunno if you've heard about it, but after TLH and DV, we will get the Haunted Knight in Absolute format now! Absolute Batman: Haunted Knight

Harley Update for you mate,
BATMAN BLACK & WHITE HARLEY QUINN STATUE (DC COLLECTIBLES) Was due 5/28/14 Now due 6/18/14

Harley Update for you mate,
BATMAN BLACK & WHITE HARLEY QUINN STATUE (DC COLLECTIBLES) Was due 5/28/14 Now due 6/18/14

Thank you for sharing the update ditch! :duff

Well, since I haven't POed her, I don't mind the delay. In fact, I am still searching for a place that might have her. I am Praying for BBTS folks too, to suddenly offer a couple of them for order someday. :)

So has no Alan Davis statue been made yet? A total travesty, if true.

Yeah, all those Bats stories with Mike Barr and Alan Davis were awesome. I loved the Reaper story line in particular and their run on Detective. I remember picking that up when I was a kid. Norm Breyfogle and Graham Nolan also deserve the B&W Bats treatment as well. These guys spent years on Bat books. To a far lesser degree and on a personal note...I hope DCC gets around to releasing a Todd McFarlane B&W Bats. I know he didn't draw Bats for any length of time. I'm not even a big fan of his art but a well executed McFarlane Bats would look awesome. I love how large he makes Bats cape and I think it would look fantastic as a B&W piece.

Davis definitely deserves a look in on this line, I'd agree.

Just managed to snag an original Aparo B&W to add to my collection of favourites, got it for a good price, too. That only leaves me with four or so old releases that I personally consider must haves that I still need to add to the collection.

There's a ton of old releases I don't have, and most I at least like, but I've always limited myself to just the ones that I most have a connection with. Really under-appreciated line though.

Back