Batman Black and White statues 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aww man...I know how that feels...no amt of touch up and repairs can make it whole again, good luck on ur quest to start over.
I am just starting out now and hope to get the ones i like, doesn't matter if its the 2nd edition. Got outbidded on a Jim Lee batman on ebay so here's hoping they will re release it

Yes that's the one.

Unfortunately I sold off all of my statues (including the JLU (9" Maquettes) because one day they decided to commit suicide from my shelf. None of them suffered major damage, just minor chips here and there so I sold all of them in hopes of rebuilding the collection eventually.

Crazy I know! :lol

Dear Lord! :horror

What happened? Did the detolf gave way?

And, by "JLU (9" Maquettes)", do you mean this line? (Did you have the entire line and you sold them off? :panic:)

batman-justice-league-maquette-1_zpsd9da2396.png

That must've been a sad accident man. Hope you get to buy them soon.

aww man...I know how that feels...no amt of touch up and repairs can make it whole again, good luck on ur quest to start over.
I am just starting out now and hope to get the ones i like, doesn't matter if its the 2nd edition. Got outbidded on a Jim Lee batman on ebay so here's hoping they will re release it

I dunno, this is why I kinda stay away from statues, any defects caused from your mishandling really bothers you. With 1/6 I can still tolerate. Do they re-release these B&W line?

Dear Lord! :horror

What happened? Did the detolf gave way?

And, by "JLU (9" Maquettes)", do you mean this line? (Did you have the entire line and you sold them off? :panic:)

That must've been a sad accident man. Hope you get to buy them soon.

My shelf gave way few years ago because it was missing a screw! This was a picture of last year of what's left. I decided to stay away from collecting statues for the moment because the trauma never really goes away. :lol

20121111192358.jpg
l

I got the JLU line up way back because they were really affordable for a DCAU statue, everyone knows most DCAU maquettes goes for outrageous prices nowadays.

So that's my sad story. What do you have, BB&WSF?

I dunno, this is why I kinda stay away from statues, any defects caused from your mishandling really bothers you. With 1/6 I can still tolerate. Do they re-release these B&W line?

yea the re released Kelly Jones, Mignola and Frank Miller, and they did say they can and will re release some of the older more popular ones

I got the JLU line up way back because they were really affordable for a DCAU statue, everyone knows most DCAU maquettes goes for outrageous prices nowadays.

I know. Been looking for a long time, but couldn't buy any other than the one I posted. animatedUKfan at SF has a good collection of all the maqs.

Here's a pic of the maquettes with the new Joker and Batman additions:

collection002.jpg

Also a pic of my 3 Batmans together for scale reference:

collection003.jpg

Just looking for the two other Bats. Was getting GA and Supes quite cheap sometime ago, but didn't buy as I know I wouldn't have stopped with them. :lol

So that's my sad story. What do you have, BB&WSF?

Have as in sob story or collection. :D Being an overseas customer, I am glad that 90% of the stuff I got was alright, the rest 10% of the nicks, breaks, chips, etc., I was able to repair (fairly), and the ones I could not, I just ignored. : /

Since we're talking about stuff breaking, spazzy happens to be an awesome customiser. Bought the custom hat for Joker PF from him, the workmanship is damn good. I am sure he can help out with such issues.

His thread: Spazzy's Workshop Custom statues, repaints, & repairs.

Hi everyone!

I am from Singapore and just started collecting Batman Black and White statues and I am really liking it. I was at a local collectibles store and chanced upon a preorder for Batman by Greg Capullo. I loved his art and run on the Batman comic series and preordered it immediately.

I then went online to look at other statues and was surprised to see it has over 50 plus statues in the line, many of which looked absolutely outstanding. Kicking myself now for not keeping an eye out for them in the past. Going back to the store, I order the Rafael Grampa and Sean Murphy statues too which should be arriving soon.

The first Black and White statue in my collection though was the Frank Miller 2nd ed statue. Picked it up at a slightly more expensive price than the normal price range at another collectibles store. One of my favourite series and rendition of Batman, it now awaits the addition of other statues from the line.

The only problem I face is the shipping cost which is about US$25 for each statue, effectively increasing the total cost by about a good 25 %. Really puts a dent in my attempts to get more to add into my collection so for now I will just aim to get the ones i really like and go from there.

Anyways, I am happy to start collecting and will most likely be continuing to do so, maybe even branching out into other lines like the Superman Man of Steel line and Wonder Woman Art of War line​

hey there, if you're interested in the original run of DC Cover Girls and a couple of choice mini-busts, you can check this out. My buddy's having a fire sale, and prices are in SGD.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hobbyists-bazaar-280/wts-sideshow-dagger-comiquette-bonus-mib-toys-buyers-4248650.html

I know. Been looking for a long time, but couldn't buy any other than the one I posted. animatedUKfan at SF has a good collection of all the maqs.

Good lord! This guy has probably the most impressive DCAU collection then. That Black Canary and Green Arrow is pretty much impossible to find nowadays!

Have as in sob story or collection. :D Being an overseas customer, I am glad that 90% of the stuff I got was alright, the rest 10% of the nicks, breaks, chips, etc., I was able to repair (fairly), and the ones I could not, I just ignored. : /

Since we're talking about stuff breaking, spazzy happens to be an awesome customiser. Bought the custom hat for Joker PF from him, the workmanship is damn good. I am sure he can help out with such issues.

His thread: Spazzy's Workshop Custom statues, repaints, & repairs.

Thanks for the info man, appreciate it! :hi5:

This line started out as 12 statues, but due to popularity has expanded to about 50 now. I stopped around the first 30 or so. They are still in the boxes. Some I took out to look at to make sure they were fine & then put them back. They have never been on display. I would love to sell them at a reasonable price ( good for everyone)but cant stand the idea of selling them one at a time on ebay. Anyone have any ideas?

Well I sold all 26 B&W statues at once, to a person here-Thank you! As much as I love my collection, its sitting around boxed up not doing anyone any good so I may thin out my stuff a little more.

I've had some pretty good luck since I started collecting these a few months ago. Today I found someone on Craigslist who was selling the George Perez, Eduardo Risso, and 1st edition Kelly Jones statues for $100 total. They didn't have the original boxes, and a cape tip on the Perez statue had been broken and re-glued, but it still seemed like way too good a deal to pass up.

Hey guys! Up until now I've only really collected 1/6 figures but I'm a huge Harley Quinn fan and I HAVE to have that statue. Where does everyone pre-order the black and white line from? Do they announce pre-orders like Sideshow Collectibles does? I don't want to miss out on this.

Thanks!!!

DC solicits their all their products, comics and collectibles, a few months ahead of time. The last round of solicits covered statues up through early 2014, so Harley probably won't show up for a couple more months at least.

Once she is solicited you can pre-order her from BBTS, Urban Collector, or pretty much any major site. DCBService.com usually has the best prices, but you have to pre-order within the first month.

All kinds of awesome! Thx so much, BB&WSF!!!

Thanks for the info man, appreciate it! :hi5:

Pleasure. :duff

I've had some pretty good luck since I started collecting these a few months ago. Today I found someone on Craigslist who was selling the George Perez, Eduardo Risso, and 1st edition Kelly Jones statues for $100 total. They didn't have the original boxes, and a cape tip on the Perez statue had been broken and re-glued, but it still seemed like way too good a deal to pass up.

Absolutely! That's an awesome deal! :clap

Unless you would want to resell them for a good price, I don't think the boxes would make any difference.

I'm debating selling the Risso statue since it was mainly the other two I wanted. But in this case I wouldn't mind selling it for less than normal market value since I paid so little.

Back