Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I told a coworker once how cool it would be to utilize the camera or kinects. Like draw a picture or say something to create the construct. Kind of like scribblenauts but with GL. And I say give us the corp, I'd love to play as Kyle.

I've always wanted a First Person Green Lantern RPG. I've actually detailed how I'd like to see it on multiple sites.:lol

From the Arkham Knight forums:

@Stranger I've thought the same thing, as well, but I would love to see something like that that incorporated VR into a first person narrative. As you said, character creation could be based on your sector (and, thus, your species), and further customization (appearance, name, etc.) could be incorporated at the next level.

A first person narrative that allows you to interact with iconic Green Lanterns like Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Kilowog, and more. I've often wondered how you could do a game that involves a ring that constructs anything you will it to, and I think I've finally figured it out: open sourcing.

Allow anyone in the modding community the ability to create and submit new constructs (pending approval, depending on the platform), and increasingly expand the cache of each player based on voice and gesture command (e.g. Saying "chainsaw" would command your power ring to create a chainsaw construct).

The VR thing has been engrained in my mind as the perfect venue for something like this for a while, now, and I even have a sort of scenario that I gravitate towards when explaining how I'd envision it.

You're surrounded by a sea of stars. You move your head to the right and you see dozens of Green Lanterns engaged in battle with the Sinestro Corps. To your left, even more Lanterns, and Hal Jordan himself is going toe to toe with their leader, Thaal Sinestro. You look down, and there you see it: you're wearing a Green Lantern uniform, your boots hovering above the vastness of space.

You look back up and a Yellow Lantern is charging right towards you. You throw your arm in front of your face (in reality), and, in real time, the game renders a shield construct to protect your character (one of the few, general gesture based controls). You've succeeded at blocking the attack, but the shockwave from the impact sends you spiraling into the darkness.

I don't know how many of you have seen Gravity, but think of Sandra Bullock when she gets knocked off the satellite. Around and around and around she goes; now, imagine that in first person. Now, imagine it's you. The player should be terrified; overwhelmed, even, and, depending on who's controlling it, possibly even on the verge of nausea. The black sky and stars scrolling in front of your face, presenting the illusion that you're in a tail spin, as all of the Lanterns battling around you fade into tiny, shining orbs of light.

You flare out your arms (in reality), and manage to steady yourself in the game, but you're lost, and you need to find your way back to the fight. You ask the ring to direct you to the nearest squadron of Green Lanterns, and a heads up display with arrows leading you back to the battle constructs within your peripheral vision.

That isn't to say that such a game couldn't work outside of VR, and that format still raises some logistical questions, like how to control flight, for instance, but these are just some potential ideas I've had for a game.

Kotaku:
As of late, my dream is for a VR-based action RPG based on Green Lantern. The create a character feature starts with you being designated a Sector, from there, you can choose from any species that inhabits that sector. Afterwards, you will be able to refine your character’s appearance (however alien it may be) to your liking.

As far as constructs go, there would be a base selection of constructs, where you could assign gesture based controls to your “preferred assets,” and the rest could be accessed through voice-based commands. As far as the question of “how do you craft unlimited constructs,” my response would be to find a way to open-source it; a “community construct creator,” if you will.

There’d have to be some sort of oversight, as, as awesome as it might be, you can’t have Green Lantern beating Sinestro over the head with a giant, green **** and balls (depending on the rating), but allow people to create constructs, have a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly poll, where you decide on the best of the best, and the development team will refine the constructs and/or add the voice based controls as they see fit, and patch the game with the new constructs.

I wouldn’t mind a regular action RPG, but I’m leaning towards VR, because it’d be awesome to have a Green Lantern game that doubled as a Space simulator. I even have a scenario in mind for my pitch. You look down; your green boots are floating in an infinite pool of stars.

You turn to your right, and Hal Jordan is engaged in battle with Sinestro; as you proceed to look around, a smattering of familiar faces, from Kilowog to John Stewart to Tomar Re and beyond, all doing battle with members of the Sinestro Corps. Suddenly, you look forward, and a Yellow Lantern is headed straight towards you. You raise your arm, your ring forms a shield construct, but the impact sends you spiraling into a tailspin.

You want to vomit. You can’t stop spinning and, as you venture further into the abyss, your fellow lanterns appear as nothing more than tiny green and yellow lights. The best way I can think of to describe the tail spin is to think of Sandra Bullock in Gravity, but in first person. It should be terrifying, and nauseating, but, eventually, you use your ring and take control. Now, you’re an entirely new type of disoriented, as you’re lost in space.

You tell your ring to locate the nearest Green Lantern, and, out of your ring pops a massive, green arrow, like your own, personal, intergalactic GPS, if you veer off course, like a compass, it spins in the direction you’re supposed to be headed, until you’re back in the game.

Start out with a selection of some of the Green Lantern’s most iconic locales (Oa, Coast City, MOGO, Koragar, etc.), and add future locations as expansions and, ideally, free DLC (by the time all is said and done, you could have the whole color spectrum at your disposal).

Well, at least I can see it when I dream.

That's sounds like a wet dream come true, brother. :lol

That's a really cool concept. Or to draw or even grab an item and scan that with the connect. Imagine grabbing an old rubber sword and having that in your game!

It's a bit tedious, but there's nothing hard about the riddles and trophies IMO. Tedious, that's it.

Some of these are driving me ****in crazy and I'm not even a quarter done

The one with the force filed you need to stay above, how do you fore the zip line? And the sonar one, how do you release the sonic charge

The one with the force filed you need to stay above, how do you fore the zip line? And the sonar one, how do you release the sonic charge

Once you've ejected from the car press L3/LS and you'll fire the zipline and stay above the force field when it comes back on, then just Batarang the lights. For the sonar you need to be in battlemode and then press up on the D-Pad, some of the sonar puzzles require you to eject from the car and pick up the trail in another location to.

Hope it helps

Figuring it out it's the greatest way of having fun with these things.

Not gonna lie, I had to YouTube one Riddle Trophie inside the movie studios that I wish I didn't. It was so amazingly obvious that I said to myself never again.

They really aren't all that clever TBH.

I just youtubed the whole riddler trophy stuff, I was able to get all of them that way in about 3 or 4 hours?

Looks like we're getting the Season of Infamy missions and all the other DLC on the 22nd. Hope it's worth it.

Whohoo!

I have all the DLCs installed but I've been holding off playing the Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman and challenge map DLC as I KNOW RS couldn't make an engaging story add-on even if the world depended on it so I'll wait for everything to come out.

Last edited:
RS really love their rain. :lol

Rocksteady Studios has also announced that they will improve the rain effects for Batman Arkham Knight in an upcoming update for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. The rain will be become more heavy in this new update, that is set to arrive on the PC in December and on the PS4 and Xbox One in January.

There's so much of that ****, man. It's going to be awhile before I get 100% like I did with AC. I got my platinum, but, between doing all the Batmobile stuff again with each car, using character select, etc. yeah, I'm giving this one some room to breathe.:lol

The PC version already looks like the most graphically advanced game I've ever seen in motion. The rain effects are incredible (you can actually make them heavier on the graphics settings assuming you have the right hardware).

It's seriously a beautiful game, can't wait to see it with that update.

Yeah I agree, the car challenges are a little too much. They're annoying at times and just not that fun after a short while... Every other one is as fine as it can be though I do lament on the lack of predator and combat maps. I do think the Predator Maps are less difficult this time in Arkham Knight (at least normal mode), while the combat ones aren't as fun since it's continuous, and the maps aren't as varied. idk, are there really only 4 of each? I do find it strange that the music shuffles around too

also batfan, some of your scores are little crazy on the ar challenges, what the hell :lol

The combat ones where you can't get hit :lol

I gotcha. I think that stems from when Asylum came out. Those maps could be damn difficult, so, I basically instituted this policy where "the best way to get 3 stars is to not get hit at all," so, any time I'd get hit, it'd be "pause, restart, are you sure, yes," over and over and over again, and I did it through City and Origins and, while I don't always adhere to it, I sometimes do it without even noticing, now. :lol

Suffice it to say, it's a pretty great way to condition yourself to not let Batman get hit.:lol

Ugh, I'd really like a setting where you could turn the rain off, I don't need heavier rain effects lol I'm also with you on the haven't played any of the DLC yet, I'm waiting for all of it to drop as well and really decide if it was worth the season pass for it all. Right now all the extra costumes is pretty great, the extra cars is cool but the lack of battle modes really hurts. Is the DLC story pack coming out here going to feature batman or the other characters, it takes place after the games ending right?

Back