Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drunk Batmobile anyone???

That's funny :lol.

Aside from the car, I really hate how Batman does an abrupt landing whenever he dives to the ground. In Arkham Asylum and City, he'd always stretch out his cape several feet above ground, and catch air for a smooth landing. It's a small nuance, but something that really adds to the realism of gameplay, in my opinion. And sadly, it's missing from AK.

That's funny :lol.

Aside from the car, I really hate how Batman does an abrupt landing whenever he dives to the ground. In Arkham Asylum and City, he'd always stretch out his cape several feet above ground, and catch air for a smooth landing. It's a small nuance, but something that really adds to the realism of gameplay, in my opinion. And sadly, it's missing from AK.

He does it here too, try landing without calling the car from a high point. The cape will billow out just before you land.

gSP2BFI.jpg

:monkey3

A couple questions:
1.) if you have a friend help you with a sequence, do you still get the trophy for completion?
2.) can someone help me with the
Spoiler Spoiler:
Boss fight? It's not difficult, but words cannot describe how much I hate it. I despised the first Arkham Knight vehicle fight, and that was enough for me, so, to have to do it all over again, but on Miagani Island, is not ****ing appealing to me in the least. I've already taken down two of the Cobra drones, but it's tedious as ****, and I fear I may lose my sanity if I have to sit in the Batmobile for another half hour waiting for them to start spreading out.:lol

I just did it. That was much easier than I anticipated. By the time I took out the 5 cobra drones surrounding him, I was fully charged, and, after the x10 missile barrage I unleashed, he pretty went down after a single shot from the 60 mm cannon. Suffice it to say, **** me that was disappointing.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Did any of you guys buy the season pass, yet? I'm going to get it, but I was wondering if they've released any of the content, yet.

A couple questions:
1.) if you have a friend help you with a sequence, do you still get the trophy for completion?
2.) can someone help me with the
Spoiler Spoiler:
Boss fight? It's not difficult, but words cannot describe how much I hate it. I despised the first Arkham Knight vehicle fight, and that was enough for me, so, to have to do it all over again, but on Miagani Island, is not ****ing appealing to me in the least. I've already taken down two of the Cobra drones, but it's tedious as ****, and I fear I may lose my sanity if I have to sit in the Batmobile for another half hour waiting for them to start spreading out.:lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Did any of you guys buy the season pass, yet? I'm going to get it, but I was wondering if they've released any of the content, yet.

I did while it was $10 off, and so far there's nothing yet.

I'll be frank and say the Arkham City DLCs were some of the worse ripoffs I've ever had spent money on. I remember paying something between $6.99 for the challenge maps for EACH character separately and not to mention the $9.99 Harley Quin's Revenge DLC which was totally not worth the money. The only reason I'm paying this much for the season pass is because I'm a sucker for Batman, I don't have faith that the DLCs will be anything that special.

Yeah, Harley Quinn's Revenge was mediocre, at best, and, thus far, the Harley Pre-Order DLC this time around wasn't much better. I just wish they'd give us some sort of itinerary. "6 months of content" can mean a lot of things. Are they talking about one update, per month, or various skins every few weeks, with Batmobiles, challenge maps, and vehicles interspersed. It's all very vague; a little too vague, for my tastes, but I'm really tempted because I'm already at 71% completion, just for the trophies, and I really don't want the experience to end that fast.

I must say, though. This game gives me very conflicting feelings about Origins. There's clearly a lot of respect for the story of that game to be found in this one, and that's understandable, because the story was one of the things I loved, but then that behind the scenes stuff rears its ugly head, again. You look at WBM, with their "we know there are issues that need to be addressed, but we're going to avoid addressing them and focus that manpower on creating extra content for you to buy" stuff, and then you look at Rocksteady. They weren't even responsible for the PC port, but they come in, pull every copy, and list everything they plan to address, with an estimate of when you can expect those things and what they'll be prioritizing.

It's like night and day, and it makes me kind of sad because, on my first play through, I loved Origins, and, if I'm being honest, I'd love to see this build get some more use, or see what WBM could do by focusing on refining some of these features, but I can't trust them. That's what sucks. I don't **** on WBM and Origins because I like to, I **** on them because I actually did like the game, and I thought they could've had something special, but not only did they quit on themselves, they basically told anyone experiencing issues to **** off, and I can't abide that.

I'll be frank and say the Arkham City DLCs were some of the worse ripoffs I've ever had spent money on. I remember paying something between $6.99 for the challenge maps for EACH character separately and not to mention the $9.99 Harley Quin's Revenge DLC which was totally not worth the money. The only reason I'm paying this much for the season pass is because I'm a sucker for Batman, I don't have faith that the DLCs will be anything that special.

Sefton Hill wrote on Twitter that there wouldn't be ANY new content or DLCs released until they fix the PC version first :lol. Apparently, they've dedicated all of their resources to optimizing the botched PC release.

So does anyone know of a good site that'll have clear maps of all the islands riddle locations that i could just print out and go off of. Cause Im thinking about just buying a strategy guide ha which I know would be a waste

Buy the game guide. I have one for each Arkham game and it shows you on the map where each trophy or riddle is.

Most DLC for any game does not have anything until a month or two in.
Sefton Hill wrote on Twitter that there wouldn't be ANY new content or DLCs released until they fix the PC version first :lol. Apparently, they've dedicated all of their resources to optimizing the botched PC release.

Rightfully so. I would not expect any DLC content until the exclusive rights are up from all the stores/consoles pre order exclusives. I say end of July for DLC content.

^ I think that's because, for a lot of people, the game just wasn't satisfying enough. I think some are looking to the DLC content to fulfill their villain & boss fight needs that were missing from the main game.

I unfortunately have to agree that the game was severely lacking in villains & boss fights. The only boss fights we had either involved the Batmobile or were cut-scenes. The Batmobile boss fights might not have been so bad had we only encountered that type of fight once or twice in the game, but we had tank fights thrown at us left right and center - so it got repetitive fast.

We were told we'd be getting villains teaming up to take down Batman, but we didn't get that at all. I was hoping for villain team ups, but nope. Halfway through the game I was thinking to myself "where the hell are the villains?". You have to do the side missions to see any of them, and to me that distracts from the main story which is the one that has the urgency. It's not natural to pursue those when you're following the path of the main narrative.

Also, the side mission villains were severely underused.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I sadly feel that this game was lacking in a few other areas too, and was mostly story driven without a satisfying conclusion.

With Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, as soon as I finished the main story I couldn't wait to start over again. But with Arkham Knight I don't have that feeling. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it at all, some parts were fantastic - but it mostly fell flat for me with too many unanswered questions and too many plot holes. Oh, and too much Batmobile. If it were just a means of transport to get around the city, with the occasional chase/boss fight, I think people would be praising that feature a hell of a lot more.

Another thing that irks me about the Batmobile is the way it handles. It just doesn't feel like Batman. I know the city is deserted, but Batman has the skill to drive at high speed and not crash into walls/cars/objects, so that's what he would do. He causes more damage than the rioters! Even after you're used to the driving after a while, it's still hard not to crash into something and for me it just doesn't feel like Batman.

Anyway, hopefully the DLC will give us those much needed villain boss fight/predator room scenarios that were sadly missing from the game.

Buy the game guide. I have one for each Arkham game and it shows you on the map where each trophy or riddle is.

Most DLC for any game does not have anything until a month or two in.

Rightfully so. I would not expect any DLC content until the exclusive rights are up from all the stores/consoles pre order exclusives. I say end of July for DLC content.

I have the season Pass, the only thing released so far is the New 52 Skins pack. Which is available now for download.

^ I think that's because, for a lot of people, the game just wasn't satisfying enough. I think some are looking to the DLC content to fulfill their villain & boss fight needs that were missing from the main game.

I unfortunately have to agree that the game was severely lacking in villains & boss fights. The only boss fights we had either involved the Batmobile or were cut-scenes. The Batmobile boss fights might not have been so bad had we only encountered that type of fight once or twice in the game, but we had tank fights thrown at us left right and center - so it got repetitive fast.

We were told we'd be getting villains teaming up to take down Batman, but we didn't get that at all. I was hoping for villain team ups, but nope. Halfway through the game I was thinking to myself "where the hell are the villains?". You have to do the side missions to see any of them, and to me that distracts from the main story which is the one that has the urgency. It's not natural to pursue those when you're following the path of the main narrative.

Also, the side mission villains were severely underused.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I sadly feel that this game was lacking in a few other areas too, and was mostly story driven without a satisfying conclusion.

With Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, as soon as I finished the main story I couldn't wait to start over again. But with Arkham Knight I don't have that feeling. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it at all, some parts were fantastic - but it mostly fell flat for me with too many unanswered questions and too many plot holes. Oh, and too much Batmobile. If it were just a means of transport to get around the city, with the occasional chase/boss fight, I think people would be praising that feature a hell of a lot more.

Another thing that irks me about the Batmobile is the way it handles. It just doesn't feel like Batman. I know the city is deserted, but Batman has the skill to drive at high speed and not crash into walls/cars/objects, so that's what he would do. He causes more damage than the rioters! Even after you're used to the driving after a while, it's still hard not to crash into something and for me it just doesn't feel like Batman.

Anyway, hopefully the DLC will give us those much needed villain boss fight/predator room scenarios that were sadly missing from the game.

Disagree, there's a lot of positive responses to this game across the boards and video gaming sites. And I think the majority are still playing through. Hell I'm getting set to start new game plus and I still haven't touched my Harley and Redhood packs. I don't think this game will be as universally loved as Asylum/City were but I do think the positivity is still overwhelming.

I'll just go back to witcher when I've finished this, then buy the complete game edition down the road with all the added dlc crap.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back