Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are laying it on pretty thick with the "The only end for a hero is death....this is how the Batman died" stuff. It's not often you see something so eager to telegraph the ending.

Launch trailer:

I just hope if Batman really dies, it won't be like the cop out TDKR ending.

It's really hard to say if this is just to make you believe that, but maybe it indeed is true. If he does get killed off, I'm sure one of the Robin crew will take his place.

I'm pretty sure it isn't a free copy. Why would they offer that after what happened with the Batmobile edition? I think they mean it as a replacement

Best buy delayed my ps4 system, and now said I'm good to go. That was a roller coaster. Amazon still hasn't shipped anything. Gonna call again

Looks like amazon sold out of their initial ps4's even though I ordered within 10 minutes of it being up...oh well. Now to play the waiting game.

Judging by everything I've read, the story/plot for this one is terrible and whacky. It sounds nuts. I know the story has never been Rocksteady's strong suits, but some of the scenarios in this game are really odd.

I find it funny that this game was delayed and they still couldn't get their s*** straight to ship everything out on time.

Judging by everything I've read, the story/plot for this one is terrible and whacky. It sounds nuts. I know the story has never been Rocksteady's strong suits, but some of the scenarios in this game are really odd.

Better or worse than TDKR? It's the only way I can judge how bad you think the story really is.

Worse, way worse. TDKR is a coherent masterpiece in comparison.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Worse, way worse. TDKR is a coherent masterpiece in comparison.

Spoiler Spoiler:
I believe that's the shorter bad ending. There's an alternate "true" ending when you finish the game at 100%. Stupid game design on Rocksteady's part but the one you're describing is the one you get when you don't do everything.

Via Kotaku: "Once the credits do march across the screen, Arkham Knight divulges a new, more annoying surprise: If you want to see the full ending, Batman will need to hunt down everyone in the game, take down every watchtower, eliminate every guard station, collect every one of those Riddler trophies you’ve been trying your best to ignore since 2009."

Woah, I'm staying away from spoilers but if you think it's worse than TDKR then that's saying something :lol

People around here think Jurassic World was amazing so I wouldn't put much stock in everything you read.

My limited edition copy of the game is on a ups truck for delivery today! Too bad I'm stuck out of state for work until Friday. I'm staying off the boards and other sites to avoid spoilers but needed to vent about how the one week I'm asked to be away for work is the one week I desperately wanted to be home :lol

I believe that's the shorter bad ending. There's an alternate "true" ending when you finish the game at 100%. Stupid game design on Rocksteady's part but the one you're describing is the one you get when you don't do everything.

Via Kotaku: "Once the credits do march across the screen, Arkham Knight divulges a new, more annoying surprise: If you want to see the full ending, Batman will need to hunt down everyone in the game, take down every watchtower, eliminate every guard station, collect every one of those Riddler trophies you’ve been trying your best to ignore since 2009."

Yeah, the only way you get it is if you complete 100%. If you try to go to the location before 100%, a certain character doesn't let you proceed.

Whether that ending is cool or not remains unknown. Nobody has beaten it 100% yet. With those damn Riddler challenges they're making you do, it might be a few weeks yet. :lol

People around here think Jurassic World was amazing so I wouldn't put much stock in everything you read.

Wait is that to me? :lol

I wasn't the one saying Jurassic World is better than Jurassic Park or the other nonsense in that thread!

Yeah, the only way you get it is if you complete 100%. If you try to go to the location before 100%, a certain character doesn't let you proceed.

Whether that ending is cool or not remains unknown. Nobody has beaten it 100% yet. With those damn Riddler challenges they're making you do, it might be a few weeks yet. :lol

Wait is that to me? :lol

I wasn't the one saying Jurassic World is better than Jurassic Park or the other nonsense in that thread!

I'm just speaking in general, not at you. That thread has dredged up an entire new level of retardation in this place.

As for the game itself, do 100% completion to get the true ending and then draw your own conclusions.

I had no problems with Riddler challenges or 100%ing Arkham Asylum...City I think went way too overboard though, took me a year to do it all. I still don't even have my Platinum trophy in that game. God knows how bad Arkham Knight could be..

Back