Batman: Arkham Knight - Batman Beyond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy needs a flight stand since the wings really help to reinforce the look. Unfortunately, doesn't look like it is one in the picture. He comes with a lot of accessories, but it looks like there's only one that didn't already come with the Arkham Knight Batman.

I still want the Batgirl.

He does come with one.

Honestly this picture alone kinda makes me want him. Would make for a cool display.

82266916_2660919743976617_1720836225473970176_o.jpg

So the futura batman is suppose to be bruce Wayne in the beyond suit, correct? Whereas this Batman beyond is suppose to be the actual terry mcginnis.

Right?

I was going to get the futura because it was closest to terry, but canceled. Just couldn?t get passed the idea that it was just another bruce Wayne. I can get bruce Wayne anywhere. I wanted terry McGinnis, now...I think we have him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the futura batman is suppose to be bruce Wayne in the beyond suit, correct? Whereas this Batman beyond is suppose to be the actual terry mcginnis.

Right?

I was going to get the futura because it was closest to terry, but canceled. Just couldn?t get passed the idea that it was just another bruce Wayne. I can get bruce Wayne anywhere. I wanted terry McGinnis, now...I think we have him?

The Future is a concept suit done by Hot Toys. Im not sure how you're finding canon to the DCU as it was meant to be a concept by Hot Toys

Wait wasn?t the futura a concept based on the Batman beyond skin from that video game? Lol so it was suppose to be Bruce Wayne wearing a somewhat Batman beyond look alike suit..right? The descriptions for futura don?t even mention McGinnis.

This one is actually called Batman beyond and the description treats it as tho hot toys intended it to be terry. Am I right?

Also I?m not sure what you mean here ?where your finding canon to the dcu?, I didn?t mention anything as canon or not canon...I was simply wondering if this one is suppose to be the actual Batman beyond vs the futura release which was a figure based on a concept suit in a video game.

Seems like they are giving us a realistic tactical terry McGinnis Batman beyond here.

I honestly like the more sleek form fitting design but this still looks good

Wait wasn?t the futura a concept based on the Batman beyond skin from that video game? Lol so it was suppose to be Bruce Wayne wearing a somewhat Batman beyond look alike suit..right? The descriptions for futura don?t even mention McGinnis.

This one is actually called Batman beyond and the description treats it as tho hot toys intended it to be terry. Am I right?

Also I?m not sure what you mean here ?where your finding canon to the dcu?, I didn?t mention anything as canon or not canon...I was simply wondering if this one is suppose to be the actual Batman beyond vs the futura release which was a figure based on a concept suit in a video game.

Seems like they are giving us a realistic tactical terry McGinnis Batman beyond here.

This figure and the skin in the AK game is most definitely bruce in the Batman Beyond suit... or a prototype of the batman beyond suit since AK is still modern day batman and the future will have better technology to make a more classic thinner suit like in the animated show.

However if I get this figure I will be considering this figure Terry since Terry is my favourite DC character, Doubt we will get anything McGinnis from Hottoys if we don't get a live action version or a actual batman beyond game

Right?

No on both. The futura Batman was merely a repaint by Hot Toys and has nothing to do with the game. This suit is the Batman Beyond suit, well sort of because it was an alternate skin for the game for players to use. Batman Beyond as a concept (and Terry McGinnis) unfortunately does mot exist in the Arkham lore, thus neither this suit.

In short, this is developer Rocksteady?s take on the Batman Beyond suit.

If you want the real Terry McGinnis 1/6 Batman Beyond figure, Mondo mentioned in an interview a few years back that they?re making one.

This guy needs a flight stand since the wings really help to reinforce the look. Unfortunately, doesn't look like it is one in the picture. He comes with a lot of accessories, but it looks like there's only one that didn't already come with the Arkham Knight Batman.

I still want the Batgirl.

Me too and a Zur en Arrh figure :lol

cd2f0963019cb0d40a54471b801a1227.png

That sucks. I can?t stretch my imagination far enough to buy a figure that?s called ?Batman beyond? but it?s not terry McGinnis and just play pretend that it is.

It?s been a few years that mondo mentioned creating an actual terry McGinnis Batman? I wonder if it?ll really happen.

I think I might cancel this preorder. Looks good but it was specifically the thought of this being terry McGinnis and not Bruce Wayne that drove me to preorder...not so much the design of the figure. Looks good but no room for yet another bruce Wayne Batman.

Really? Cancel out of a technicality? Bruce or Terry, who gives a F? Its one badass of a suit and its something I definitely want displayed on the shelf.

I like the story lines, character developments, movies, and literature better than action figures. So the figures that I buy have more purpose than just design. I have to be able to look at it and see more than just what it looks like.

I have a massive collection so no room for something that just looks cool. Lol

People had the same criticisms on the P1 Statue. It?s Bruce in the suit not Terry and that?s ok. This design is epic opposed to that futura knight version which was crap. I can imagine if they made a movie with this suit being Bruce?s last suit and giving an upgraded suit to Terry which becomes the BB costume.

I like the story lines, character developments, movies, and literature better than action figures. So the figures that I buy have more purpose than just design. I have to be able to look at it and see more than just what it looks like.

I have a massive collection so no room for something that just looks cool. Lol

Pics of massive collection?

People had the same criticisms on the P1 Statue. It?s Bruce in the suit not Terry and that?s ok. This design is epic opposed to that futura knight version which was crap. I can imagine if they made a movie with this suit being Bruce?s last suit and giving an upgraded suit to Terry which becomes the BB costume.

That would be one cool movie. That?s how the story goes in the animation.

Yeah Imagine this suit malfunctions (Keaton) Bruce gets his old a$$ kicked and desperately picks up a gun to survive. Makes it to the bat cave sees the torn up suit and says never again....Batman Beyond!

It's definitely Bruce in the Beyond suit since if it's based on the game but no reason it can't be a bulked up representation of Terry if that's how you prefer to look at it. Either way it looks great.

That sucks. I can?t stretch my imagination far enough to buy a figure that?s called ?Batman beyond? but it?s not terry McGinnis and just play pretend that it is.

It?s been a few years that mondo mentioned creating an actual terry McGinnis Batman? I wonder if it?ll really happen.

I think I might cancel this preorder. Looks good but it was specifically the thought of this being terry McGinnis and not Bruce Wayne that drove me to preorder...not so much the design of the figure. Looks good but no room for yet another bruce Wayne Batman.

To me it reads like a prototype of what would eventually become the suit in Batman Beyond years down the road. Like his first crack at using this color scheme. Remember, the show starts with Bruce wearing the suit, with no background of just how long he was wearing that suit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The "Arkham Beyond" suit is just an Easter Egg, like the one that appeared in the N52 Batman run.

d5dfaa366d494bd5be7a06a06d4f393c.jpg

It's not supposed to be McGinnigs, just a "oh cool, Bruce was working on it during his Batman years" type of thing. Now, what it means specifically for the Arkhamverse, I don't know. I suppose we'll know if that sequel that keeps getting teased ever comes out.

Back