Batman: Arkham City - Spoilers Allowed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City (No Spoilers)

Not sure if these are official ... but they look official ...

wallpaper_1080p_batman_arkham_by_deaviantwatcher-d4cvj3e.jpg

wallpaper_1080p_batman_arkham_by_deaviantwatcher-d4cwpjk.jpg

wallpaper_1080p_batman_arkham_by_deaviantwatcher-d4cwpm6.jpg

wallpaper_1080p_batman_arkham_by_deaviantwatcher-d4cviy4.jpg

SnakeDoc

Oh boy looks like batman is craving the kitty real bad in that pick.

Everyone is rushing to get this game.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HzPkJUeJwg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Frankly, I see the skins as adding more replay value. The way I see it, you have 7 skins, that's 7 playthroughs if you choose to go through the game with each skin. I really like what Buttmunch said about reskinning the cutscenes/villains. Take the TAS skin for example. You're playing through a realistically rendered game with a cartoony Batman. Wouldn't it be nice to see Joker in his classic TAS look, Harley adorned in her iconic red-and-blacks, and thugs either looking like they came from a mob meeting or from the docks of Gotham Harbor?

Frankly, I see the skins as adding more replay value. The way I see it, you have 7 skins, that's 7 playthroughs if you choose to go through the game with each skin. I really like what Buttmunch said about reskinning the cutscenes/villains. Take the TAS skin for example. You're playing through a realistically rendered game with a cartoony Batman. Wouldn't it be nice to see Joker in his classic TAS look, Harley adorned in her iconic red-and-blacks, and thugs either looking like they came from a mob meeting or from the docks of Gotham Harbor?

I like this idea, but not when they charge £50 for it like Call of Duty does each year :D

I actually think they look like fakes, especially the Joker one. He's face is all long. The chin is too long for one thing. Plus Batman is missing is cape in one of those with Catwoman. They still look great and I've loved this black and white campaign they've done, but they don't feel quite official to me. :dunno

From what ive read and seen in interviews with developers, the skins can be used in the story after you beat the main game. So you can use them for doing riddles, glidding around and exploring but not for the actual story. Though for the challenge rooms they look awesome. I still wish these were just plain unlockables for beating the game on difficulties and collecting everything, but i will probably end up buying them anyways.:rotfl

From what ive read and seen in interviews with developers, the skins can be used in the story after you beat the main game. So you can use them for doing riddles, glidding around and exploring but not for the actual story. Though for the challenge rooms they look awesome. I still wish these were just plain unlockables for beating the game on difficulties and collecting everything, but i will probably end up buying them anyways.:rotfl

Wait... So you cant use skins in the New Game Plus, just freeplay in Arkham City with riddles and street crime after everything is pretty much done.

If so THAT SUCKS!!! :mad:

Particularly if you can't use the many skins (future PAID-FOR) in the next playthough, hell the Force Unleashed from a few years ago let you play the whole game again with any skin.

EDIT

Dax Ginn: The Skins are available right away for the Challenges and once you beat the story mode you can come back and use them in the "Open World"

This sounds stupid, like you can use them once everything is already done. Remember in Arkham Asylum you could continue the game after the story mode for the riddles, but there was nothing elese to do, it was just for riddle catch-up. And the way that guy says Open World and not story mode, means they'll be for nothing except challenges which again is stupid.

If you can use them but not in story missions It'd be completley stupid do be playing as Sinestro Batman and then start a story mission and Switch to the AC Batman, then once completed, BOOM switching back to Sinestro again. I'd expect cutscenes to be in the standard character model as it's pre-rendered, but whenever you play as Batman it should be with any skin.

After checking around the is no official word from Rocksteady or WB on where the many skins they'll be selling are usable, there is just snippets of info for individual skins, and references to the "open world"

They said you can use the DKR suit throughout the campaign, but references to other skins are only Open World, so why should the DKR suit be available for the whole game but not the others? the coding and structure is obviously there to support it for the other skins. It wouldn't be a technical issue if it can handle the skins after the story but still in the game world and for the story mode with the DKR skin.

I wish theyd frickin say Yes you can use them in the story missions and challenges or NO the are only available to use in this area of the game. It'd make it a hell of alot easier to understand.

If these are only available for the Challenge mode and gliding about in the world, but not in the main story mode then i'm not buying any of them what'd be the point of using them in the open-world if there is hardly anything to do with them?

Last edited:

Wait... So the New Game Plus doesn't include the actual story mode just freeplay in Arkham City with riddles and street crime?

If so THAT SUCKS!!! :mad:

Particularly if you can't use the many skins (future PAID-FOR) in the next playthough, hell the Force Unleashed from a few years ago let you play the whole game again with any skin.

EDIT: in an interview with Rocksteady from IGN, one of the things listed as different from the regular playthrough is "Increased Boss Difficulty" so i imagine that means Mr. freeze and so on which are part on the main story missions.

Dax Ginn: The Skins are available right away for the Challenges and once you beat the story mode you can come back and use them in the "Open World"

This sounds stupid, like you can use them once everything is already done. Remember in Arkham Asylum you could continue the game after the story mode for the riddles, but there was nothing elese to do, it was just for riddle catch-up. And the way that guy says Open World and not story mode, means they'll be for nothing except challenges which again is stupid.

If you can use them but not in story missions It'd be completley stupid do be playing as Sinestro Batman and then start a story mission and Switch to the AC Batman, then once completed, BOOM switching back to Sinestro again. I'd expect cutscenes to be in the standard character model as it's pre-rendered, but whenever you play as Batman it should be with any skin.

After checking around the is no official word from Rocksteady or WB on where the many skins they'll be selling are usable, there is just snippets of info for individual skins, and references to the "open world"

I wish theyd frickin say Yes you can use them in the story missions and challenges or NO the are only available to use in this area of the game. It'd make it a hell of alot easier to understand.

If these are only available for the Challenge mode and gliding about in the world, but not in the main story mode then i'm not buying any of them what'd be the point of using them in the open-world if there is hardly anything to do with them?

I agree with you on that, it should be like x-men origins wolverine where the cut scenes are pre rendered as jackman but the game has you in whatever skin you unlocked.

Back