Batman: Arkham City - Spoilers Allowed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City

Batman: Arkham City will support not one, but two different kinds of 3D.

As well as the old-fashioned style red and green-lensed glasses version (anaglyphic 3D, as used in GOTY Arkham Asylum), the Rocksteady adventure will also support stereoscopic 3D.

So whether you have a bog-standard HD telly, or a swanky 3DTV with active shutter glasses, you’ll be able to swoop in and out of your screen until your heart is content.

Batman: Arkham City hits on October 18th in North America and October 21st in Europe.

As well as the old-fashioned style red and green-lensed glasses version (anaglyphic 3D, as used in GOTY Arkham Asylum), the Rocksteady adventure will also support stereoscopic 3D.

So whether you have a bog-standard HD telly, or a swanky 3DTV with active shutter glasses, you’ll be able to swoop in and out of your screen until your heart is content.

Batman: Arkham City hits on October 18th in North America and October 21st in Europe.

3D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll probably pass playing it in 3D, even though it is a cool gimmick, for me it takes me out of the experience more then anything. Did anyone play AA's 3D? How was it?

I'll probably pass playing it in 3D, even though it is a cool gimmick, for me it takes me out of the experience more then anything. Did anyone play AA's 3D? How was it?

I think I got through half of the opening scene before I took the glasses off.

Like you say, it just takes you out of the experience.

guess Futureshop is handing them out to those that preorder either the regular edition or collectors.

Its $5 cheaper at Best Buy and you get the Robin DLC.

I think Ill cancel my Gamestop preorder and stick with Futureshop and Best Buy.

guess Futureshop is handing them out to those that preorder either the regular edition or collectors.

Its $5 cheaper at Best Buy and you get the Robin DLC.

I think Ill cancel my Gamestop preorder and stick with Futureshop and Best Buy.

So if you get the game from futureshop, you will get the steelbook?

The exclusive material for this games getting beyond ridiculous. It might be worth it to just wait for aGOTY to come out.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

Pre-Ordered for the Beyond skin

Finished up Arkham Asylum on Hard and am kinda stuck on the fight challenges for the Platinum.

The only fight challenge that I had trouble with is the one with the electrified floor that is timed; everything else just gets easier when you grind it down. For the electrified/timed one, I would recommend using the bathook and batarangs quite often as guys like to run to the upper levels.

The only fight challenge that I had trouble with is the one with the electrified floor that is timed; everything else just gets easier when you grind it down. For the electrified/timed one, I would recommend using the bathook and batarangs quite often as guys like to run to the upper levels.

Yeah man the shock and awe extreme is impossible!!

I tried so many times but i can never beat it.

The Shock & Awe challenges are definitely stressfull to say the least, but they honestly just take practice, practice and more prctice to master.
It helps if you have a very good grasp of the freeflow mechanic of course - without that you're kinda screwed. It's mainly about speed but you do need to throw in some good variation to rack up the points.
I used to suck big time at it and thought I'd never in a million years be able to beat them, but after LOTS of practice I finally did.
Now I can virtualy do it first time every time I play.
A possible helpfull hint to anyone struggling with it would be to remember to use the evade move and combo batarangs quite often. You can easily get through the whole challenge without ever needing to counter by using the evade button.
(don't forget the counter move helps add variation to your combo though so it can be usefull to use it!)

Shock and awe was definately a rage inducing pain in the arse but my tip would be to memorise the goons attack pattern, it's the same every time. By doing this you can develop a rythm which with practice will help you get through the waves faster. When i finally beat it i took out the last goon as the screen faded to black and then "bling" i got my freeflow gold trophy which was followed by "bling" my platinum trophy. I know it's tough but trust me, the elation of beating it is well worth the trouble.

Yup, and when you do get all those trophy crap... play the game again. And just see how well you're fighting. You'll feel like Bruce Lee on crack...

So if you get the game from futureshop, you will get the steelbook?

If you preorder. Its limited, I was going to buy my friend a copy from Gamestop. and I was gonna get mine at Best Buy.. but now I think Ill just get it at futureshop instead. Gamestop's preorder bonus doesnt sound that great in comparison.

Back