"Batman and Harley Quinn" animated movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here's the sneak peek with a lot of clips from the actual film. She sounds...okay. Strangely, I thought she sounded best when they showed her in the recording booth, as opposed to any of the times they actually had her dialogue synced with animation.:lol

I dont like her. Doesnt sound right.

Am I the only one who thinks they need to just do a nationwide search for the next Harley Quinn or something? Get a soundalike, like Telltale did for Michael J. Fox with the Back to the Future game? Because, I'll be honest, I don't think Harley, as a character, will ever escape Arleen Sorkin's shadow, and I think it boils down to the fact that she was created for TV, and that was our first exposure to her.

There's versatility in adapting characters from comics, but DC seems to think that the fact that she "broke out" from under TAS and became an extremely successful crossover character means she has somehow transcended Arleen Sorkin, as well, when, in fact, all 20+ years of comics and other media have just reinforced that idea of Sorkin as Quinn. There's ambiguity in how I "hear" most comic book characters, but I've never opened a Harley Quinn comic and heard any voice other than Sorkin's.

They are probably counting on the big bang theory fame to get more people excited

They are probably counting on the big bang theory fame to get more people excited

Am I the only person who just cannot get into that show? I tried; I did, but...I just don't think it's very funny, like, at all, really. Some people have sour grapes about them being nerds or whatever, but I didn't think Two and a Half Men was very funny, either, so, basically; yeah, Chuck Lorre's a hack.:lol

Am I the only person who just cannot get into that show? I tried; I did, but...I just don't think it's very funny, like, at all, really. Some people have sour grapes about them being nerds or whatever, but I didn't think Two and a Half Men was very funny, either, so, basically; yeah, Chuck Lorre's a hack.:lol

Im not memeing or joking when i say the show is offensive. Doesnt the tall guy have autism or something?
Not sure how in the age of progresiveness a show like that doesnt get hate. One guy has phobias about women, that whole show just makes fun of personality disorders, i guess it is ok to insult people like that as long as they whitey? :dunno
The fake nerd stuff is dumb and annoying but when they make fun of their shyness or awkwardness it does make me unconfortable

I can't stand that show

I think I'm most excited that Loren Lester is back as Nightwing. He hasn't voiced Grayson in 20 years and is the only DCAU actor to get the short end of the stick by not being called back for two decades, despite repeatedly saying he'd loved to. To me, he should have voiced Grayson in the Arkham Games.

I dont like her. Doesnt sound right.

She doesn't. There is an impression that she does on TBBT where when angry she sounds like Howard's mother. The stereotypical loud, nasal Jewish voice. On the show it's rough and gruff because it's supposed to match the voice of the actress who played his mother. Here it sounds just like that only not gruff. Immediately I expected her to yell "Hooooowwward!"

Im not memeing or joking when i say the show is offensive. Doesnt the tall guy have autism or something?
Not sure how in the age of progresiveness a show like that doesnt get hate. One guy has phobias about women, that whole show just makes fun of personality disorders, i guess it is ok to insult people like that as long as they whitey? :dunno
The fake nerd stuff is dumb and annoying but when they make fun of their shyness or awkwardness it does make me unconfortable

Sheldon has OCD and is undiagnosed with anything past but it's eluded to him having Autistic tendencies. The guy who has selective mutism isn't "whitey," he's Indian. Most of the stereotypes that were true in the beginning of the show, the traditional Jewish stereotype of all sitcoms mixed with a horn-dog mentality, the selective mutism immigrant who is still learning the ins and outs of our country's way. Sheldon being essentially abrasive and unaware of his own issues and Leonard the lovestruck nerd who is pining over a girl out of his league - they've all been practically eliminated. Not to say that anyone will like it anymore but they've left a lot of that behind. It definitely makes fun of "nerd culture" especially given that if they aren't stereotypical nerds then they can't be nerds but I don't take it as anything more than satire, it makes for good background noise while I'm doing something else and it brings conversations about nerd stuff amongst people who otherwise wouldn't know. I'm more personally offended towards Rauch's portrayal than the show in general :lol

My God that Harley voice sticks out like a sore thumb. It will be a miracle if it grows on me.

Exactly.
And this new HQ voice actress is a miss.
Won't watch.

Really? You won't watch it because of a characters voice which differs only slightly from the previous voice actors cadence? You will skip a Bruce Timm BTAS universe movie because of that?

Riiiiiiiiiiight...

Standard internet hyperbole.

"This is awful! It's slightly different from the show I watched 20 years ago! I am incapable of liking things that aren't just the same thing regurgitated ad nauseum!"

Because it's not done in "Batman: The Animated Series" style.
I didn't care for TNBA one bit.

Because I'm seriously tired of Harley Quinn.
She's not a great or very complex character.

Because it's been 11 years since the last episode of "Justice League".
People moved on. DCAU was fun while it lasted.

Because I'm not a mad all-consuming fanatic of something I actually love. :lol

Really? You won't watch it because of a characters voice which differs only slightly from the previous voice actors cadence? You will skip a Bruce Timm BTAS universe movie because of that?

Riiiiiiiiiiight...

"This is awful! It's slightly different from the show I watched 20 years ago! I am incapable of liking things that aren't just the same thing regurgitated ad nauseum!"

Who are you? ??
You sound like snikt...... i feel like you arent new..

She sounded fine in the studio outtakes but version in the animated clips they made too deep. So it's a post production ball drop not the actress.

nothing about his post suggests he knows any of us, just that he disagrees with the post he was replying to. :dunno :lol

Riiiiiiiiiiight...

I want to see new things coming out of the DC universe personally. I love harley quinn but ever since suicide squad she is being shoved in everybodies faces non stop. It's getting annoying.

nothing about his post suggests he knows any of us, just that he disagrees with the post he was replying to. :dunno :lol

How do we know your not really who you say you are? I always thought you Difabio's second account. (rubs chin detectivly"

Back