1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

b441696365a27a7a5ba667978a4ad26c.jpg
3b4de7306cf89e730281b3eca9d2ee3f.jpg
So here's the beast in its captivity! Sad that I couldn't fit in the 89 bats with its stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like how he gently, but subtly flicks it with his fingers as it twirls around on the stand in slow motion.

I was afraid of tilting it over. :lol

Haha you know iv only removed the cover from mine once, never tried the guns or put any of the accessories on, not even the lights.
I just put 1 my batman returns beside of it and its perfect.
It's pretty much my grail piece, everyone that got it must think that too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love these videos. Something about it is really soothing. If only we had a 1/6 fire breather so you could turn the Batmobile and fry him.

d07385ec68c95496d477ce515d879659.jpg

Well the case is here. Now to think of how to run the lighting on this baby. Anyone has any pictures?

b441696365a27a7a5ba667978a4ad26c.jpg
3b4de7306cf89e730281b3eca9d2ee3f.jpg
So here's the beast in its captivity! Sad that I couldn't fit in the 89 bats with its stand.

I need something like this. I tried getting a breeder fish tank for it, but the dimensions aren't long enough.

Is there any place in the United States that sells simple acrylic cases to house this thing in that isn't hundreds or thousands of dollars? Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Jo Ann fabrics sells pretty big clear acrylic cases for dolls and houses ranging between $14-$50. Surely there is a place out there that makes something for this.

I just want a display cover for this so I don't have to dust it anymore.

Thanks for the compliment, it is relaxing to me as well.

I am also tired of freaking dusting, especially the Tumbler what a pain in the ass it is to dust that one. I'm almost thinking of selling the Tumbler and just keeping the 89 because of the dusting. :lol

Check your nearest commercial Glass/Acrylic business, they will make a custom case.

The one near me wanted $400 for one but less if I did it for both cars.

I boxed up my '89 and Tumbler because of the dusting. Just got to be too much being the dust magnets they are. Agree with jye4ever, the Tumbler is a major PITA to dust. I was starting to do damage to it with all the dusting so finally said **** it, it's not worth it anymore and boxed and stored them away. Shame really. I could see myself parting with the Tumbler, but not the '89. Been searching for almost 2 years for a good display case(s) that doesn't break the bank, but no luck. Closest I came was a company called Sora based out of Germany who makes custom acrylic cases, for reasonable cost, but sadly they don't ship to the US. So the search continues...

Yep I love my 89 Batmobile but when I bought my new house a couple years ago it has been boxed up because I haven't found a good display yet. It is too nice to have put up though. I really need to see if I can find someone to make one. Its still my favorite Batmobile and all my family and friends thought it was cool. Still can't get over how massive the beast is though

I need the help of my fellow freaks. I need to sell my 1989 and DKR Batmobiles. Both are new and sealed in their original HT brown shipper boxes. I am experiencing a personal matter that needs me to sell my high priced collectibles. I'd be looking for retail price plus shipping.

My questions to you all are 1.) where's the best place to sell these, 2.) in regards to shipping, whose the best to use and lastly, 3.) when selling online what's the best way to protect yourself from shady buyers? Thank you very much for any help provided.

I apologize in advance to the moderators if I posted this in the wrong area.

1. I'd try selling it locally or atleast seeing if anyone is interested. After that you have two options, selling on these boards (they'll make you pay for a premium subscription though) or eBay. EBay and PayPal will rape you on the seller fees.

2. USPS is cheapest and works best for me. Something that big though would probably be better for UPS or FrdEx. Depends how far. If I were selling this, I'd probably lose the shipper.

3. Check their feedback and history.

Where do you live?

Last edited:
Try your best to do it locally, i've had customers cross state lines just to come to my home for items.

Shipping this thing wil be absolutely insane at the consumer level in both cost and hassle.

Shipping can be done but yikes.

When you say locally, how would you go about doing so? I'm not really knowledgeable and only know eBay sadly. Do you mean posting them here for local pickup? Thank you.

Local pick up you could definitely do.

You could put an ad on craigslist or get some help from a local comic bookstore as well.

I would look on eBay and look at current listings along with previously sold items to see what the market is for both items.

If you list on eBay, you may want to list your items as "Buy It Now" with free shipping, hopefully charging enough to cover the amount you want, any fees and shipping. If you go with eBay, you'll probably want to ship by FedEx.

Another option is Amazon.

With either company, they will charge you fees for selling.

As another option, you may want to see if there are any local collector boards in your region and see if you can sell through such channels.

Thanks to everyone for your help. I just want what I paid for them or basically $500 for each version (89 and TKR). If anybody knows of someone please send me a PM. Also to sell here it only costs $25 correct?

Back