1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seriously takes your breath away once you see the box. It's like a freaking piece of furniture, I've seen fridges that size!

While I still think it's overpriced (after all it's just hollow plastic if you think about it) I don't deny for one second that it was the item most people gave compliments to once they were at my place. They all knew what it was, some of them weren't even fans of anything. They were all like "that's The Batmobile!" It's huge!

My tumbler never got the same treatment, in fact, most didn't even recognize it. "Nice tank?" some said. .

I think this is why the 89 Batmobile is The Batmobile. Because everyone recognise the Batmobile. It has the perfect balance. It is huge, brutal, agressive, threatning, inspiring violence and fire and in the same time it is sleek, sexy, with a lot of harmony and still evoque the bat.
It is something that we never saw before. It was a mix of a sport car, a plane, a tank and a submarine.

The Tumbler was impressive and strong but wasn't beautifull and sexy and didn't evoque a bat at all.
The 66 was gorgeous and sexy but didn't evoque violence of fear. It was made too in a fantasy way.

I know i'm not impartial because i grew up with Batman 89. I was 8 when the movie came out, but i'm sure we still didn't did anything better.
And i think as this was the first Batman in theatre and maybe the first blockbuster of history, this 89 Batmobile anchored in most of minds as The Batmobile.

So I have one of BBTS's scratch and dent versions arriving next week and I am praying it's just a couple of canopy scratches like the others seem to be. I made it through 500+ pages of the thread hoping to find someone who has found a successful way to get rid of any scratches but no luck so far!
Can anybody help? What is the best way to repair it, or is it just something we have to live with? Either way I am far too excited to get this thing. Even though I only bought a tumbler a couple of weeks ago... My apartment is going to feel very small...

So I have one of BBTS's scratch and dent versions arriving next week and I am praying it's just a couple of canopy scratches like the others seem to be. I made it through 500+ pages of the thread hoping to find someone who has found a successful way to get rid of any scratches but no luck so far!
Can anybody help? What is the best way to repair it, or is it just something we have to live with? Either way I am far too excited to get this thing. Even though I only bought a tumbler a couple of weeks ago... My apartment is going to feel very small...

There's a product called NOVUS 1,2,3 and it removes heavy to light scratches in plastic. It works pretty well on clear model car windshields and windows. I tried it on a large magnifying glass and it did a pretty good job. I would just be careful cause even though it says works on coated plastic, it could have a reaction to the plastic. I got my Batmobile earlier in the year and mine was scratch-free. ThankGod. Just research the product and see if that'll work BEFORE you attempt it.

This has been stated before.
I have all 3 versions of Novus and it will POLISH your finish so that it will no longer match the rest of the car. It ruined mine and I used a VERY light touch with it.
It is a great product and works on clear windows because they are smooth and glossy.
Just trying to save some new owners some potential grief.
My damned OCD would not let me leave the scratches alone, unfortunately.
If I would have known the outcome from polishing, I would have.

This has been stated before.
I have all 3 versions of Novus and it will POLISH your finish so that it will no longer match the rest of the car. It ruined mine and I used a VERY light touch with it.
It is a great product and works on clear windows because they are smooth and glossy.
Just trying to save some new owners some potential grief.
My damned OCD would not let me leave the scratches alone, unfortunately.
If I would have known the outcome from polishing, I would have.
Quoted for extra emphasis in case someone misses it. DON'T DO THIS.

Sorry man. Were you able to fix it, or is it still polished?

Quoted for extra emphasis in case someone misses it. DON'T DO THIS.

Sorry man. Were you able to fix it, or is it still polished?

Still polished. Looks like crap.
Been disassembled for over a year awaiting a repaint. I just don't have the time.

I'm thinking of trying a very light coat of krylon Fusion Satin Black? Any suggestions?....

A good idea. The ***** will be masking it off. Depends how finicky you are about details.
The benefits of a repaint will be that probably any paint you use will be harder that that stuff Hot Toys used that scratches when the wind blows.

A good idea. The ***** will be masking it off. Depends how finicky you are about details.
The benefits of a repaint will be that probably any paint you use will be harder that that stuff Hot Toys used that scratches when the wind blows.

I'm going to just paint a small section on the underside for a trial. If all goes well I will mask off the two small scuffs and paint that. One light coat should blend it right in.

I'm going to just paint a small section on the underside for a trial. If all goes well I will mask off the two small scuffs and paint that. One light coat should blend it right in.

I hope so.
That factory paint on the car is a very weird shade of black. You may wind up in a situation where you then have to repaint the whole car.
In retrospect, if the scratches are not very bad I would just leave it be. Call it light "battle damage".
I just wish I had done that. I thought about it but just couldn't lave it alone.

I hope so.
That factory paint on the car is a very weird shade of black. You may wind up in a situation where you then have to repaint the whole car.
In retrospect, if the scratches are not very bad I would just leave it be. Call it light "battle damage".
I just wish I had done that. I thought about it but just couldn't lave it alone.

I know exactly what you are saying. The scuffs are in the driver side, kinda looks like when they shot at him. I wonder if the car was produced in black plastic, then shot with a matte or satin black?

for those of you that are messing with your scratches...

can you post pictures of what it looks like after you tinkered with it?

I have every grade of polish known to man. If I knew more about the paint used on this...i'd take a stab at doing a paint correction on it.

Anyone have a badly damaged 89 batmobile near Atlanta? I could do a test spot underneath the rear decklid.

I'm not sure if it's a true flat black as there is a mild sheen to it.
That's the problem.
If Hot Toys used a specific formula of paint that they mixed, it would be extremely hard to match correctly.
That's why I think one would have to paint the entire car.
Not that that's a bad thing.
I think a flatter shade would look better as I'm not a big fan of the factory finish. Makes the car look like a toy.

Back