1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tell them it's for your kid !!

Man, I'd bet any garage would love to see that! I'd go as far as to say they'd take more time & attention over something like this than an actual car! Lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I hope they release the batman returns version for an upgraded interior and maybe remote control some things like the machine guns or something. one can hope I guess.

Id consider myself lucky and just grab one of these even if scratched.

With what's coming, there's no way in hell this gets reissued or a BR version even. The fact that they even did this is mind blowing. There wasn't much back then, but now you have countless marvel movies, SW movies, DC movies.... We are lucky this even came out.

Id consider myself lucky and just grab one of these even if scratched.

With what's coming, there's no way in hell this gets reissued or a BR version even. The fact that they even did this is mind blowing. There wasn't much back then, but now you have countless marvel movies, SW movies, DC movies.... We are lucky this even came out.

Agree with fran 100% I picked one of these up last month from Hong Kong direct, paid a stupid amount for it but super happy I did. It's Mint and scuff free and it's amazing.
This is truly hot toys best piece so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Phoenix there's a shop called Toy Anxiety.

When I first moved to Phoenix about two years ago I saw they had a re-release Tumbler for retail on display and I flipped. Put money down on it right then and there and they let me pay it off.

Now this last May at Phoenix Comic Con I walked by the Toy Anxiety booth and one of the owners calls me over. He brings me in close and tells me while clearing out a storage locker they found an '89, unopened. He hadn't told anybody else but me. Put money down on it that day and paid it off at the end of October. Retail.

Hot Toys is definitely an amazing company but in their 1/6th scale vehicles is where I think they shine above the rest. Their figure, accessory, and clothing is already phenomenal, but being able to to have such stellar display pieces alongside your figure changes everything.

Now, I just need to figure out a new set up to display this damn '89 ;)

Congrats on both those pickups! Toy Anxiety are a great company. Nothing but good experiences with them.
I grabbed one of the recent BBTS batmobiles. I should get my hands on it this Saturday (it's been delivered, I am just not there to see it yet). Hoping it's only minor scuffs, but either way very excited to finally get one of these!
I am gonna repack it small enough (hopefully) to allow me to ship it back to the UK next year when I get to go home myself. Can't wait to see it in person...

I Just received my 89 Batmobile three days ago from BBTS, and I must say, I got lucky, I couldn't find any scratches, dents, or scuffs on it whatsoever, at least not visible enough to complain about. It looks totally brand new, and never pulled out of the box. For $399, you'd be crazy not to get this if you can afford it! Absolutely an amazing piece!!

Congrats on both those pickups! Toy Anxiety are a great company. Nothing but good experiences with them.
I grabbed one of the recent BBTS batmobiles. I should get my hands on it this Saturday (it's been delivered, I am just not there to see it yet). Hoping it's only minor scuffs, but either way very excited to finally get one of these!
I am gonna repack it small enough (hopefully) to allow me to ship it back to the UK next year when I get to go home myself. Can't wait to see it in person...

I Just received my 89 Batmobile three days ago from BBTS, and I must say, I got lucky, I couldn't find any scratches, dents, or scuffs on it whatsoever, at least not visible enough to complain about. It looks totally brand new, and never pulled out of the box. For $399, you'd be crazy not to get this if you can afford it! Absolutely an amazing piece!!

Really glad to hear you guys got one! Especially at such a good price point!

We'll have to share displays once we all get our setups finished.

I got my hands on mine today. It's beautiful! 2 scratches on the canopy in the usual place on the right side but the left is just slightly rubbed. I can live with that, especially for $399.
Sorry for the lack of pictures but I am on my phone so can't post any.

And yes it's so much bigger in person!

Re: Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Exactly the same on mine! I might have to ship this soon, do you think it would be a good idea to put some kind of super soft cloth on the canopy before putting the shield on to make sure it doesn't get more scratches? Maybe a chamois cloth? What do you guys think?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It's flat black with a flat coat on it.

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm not sure if it's a true flat black as there is a mild sheen to it.
That's the problem.
If Hot Toys used a specific formula of paint that they mixed, it would be extremely hard to match correctly.
That's why I think one would have to paint the entire car.
Not that that's a bad thing.
I think a flatter shade would look better as I'm not a big fan of the factory finish. Makes the car look like a toy.

From flat to glossy, the degree goes like so:

- Flat
- Matte
- Satin
- Semi-gloss
- Gloss

I'd say the Hot Toys version is kind of between Matte and Satin.

Aside from that, I missed the damn BBTS sale on eBay. :thud: Anyone have an idea where I could land one?!?!

To me this is still the definitive movie Batmobile design. It has strength, firepower, beauty and grace all wrapped in a smooth and neat package...I think HT did a good, but not fantastic job in translating it to 1/6 scale.

Great great great
DSC_0006.jpg

How big of a faux pax would it be to pose the upcoming Batman returns with this batmobile? I ain't plucking down 300+ bones for the original.

Back