1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was so iffy about getting a "dent or scratch", but I'm so glad I did and didn't spend $1,000 on eBay for a "flawless" (suuuure) one. I can find something wrong with every piece I own if I nit pick enough.

I was so iffy about getting a "dent or scratch", but I'm so glad I did and didn't spend $1,000 on eBay for a "flawless" (suuuure) one. I can find something wrong with every piece I own if I nit pick enough.

I know what you mean, but I only got mine a few weeks ago. Having had a couple of batman 89's then selling them as I wasn't overwhelmed with them. When I knew the returns version was definitely getting released I had to but one.
I was lucky enough to find a seller in Hong Kong that had one brand new and absolutely perfect, no marks, scratches, blemishes or imperfections.
I figured when I want something this bad I can't have it knowing there is something wrong with it, even if other people don't notice-you do and that would always play on mind and niggle me that it's not perfect. This is one item I was glad I spent extra on and got exactly what I wanted.
It's an amazing item and I'm glad I spent a bit extra on a perfect, completely flawless version.
But not everyone's-a freak..like me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to say "thanks" to Jolietbat for giving us a heads up on BBTS's eBay auction! I just received my 1989 batmobile today and yeah, it's got a couple scuffs, but nothing that's enough to ruin this magnificent piece or the amazing price it was offered for!!

It appears the box had been opened for inspection, but nothing more. All the plastic protective coverings were all still intact and all accessories were present and appeared unopened. Electronics all work perfectly too. I have no clue where I'm going to display this or even if I currently have enough room for it, but I'm just happy to finally own this beast and to get it at a reasonable price!!! Thanks again, Jolietbat!!!

^Congrats Roach! I hope yours turns out okay like mine and Sledge's. The "damage" is pretty much what you've seen on YouTube reviews, just the light scuff/rub marks due to the "shields" shell. I don't know if there's anyway to successfully remove or buff it out. But that's okay, as I'm too in awe of the size and beauty of the piece right now to even notice the flaws. I was mainly worried about the auction description mentioning that there could potentially be missing parts. But like I said earlier, it looks brand new and complete, only opened for inspection.

I probably look like an idiot right now, just sitting in my office staring at a toy car that's almost as big as me :lol But I don't care. This movie was such a huge part of my childhood and I am one happy kid right now :)

What did you think when you turned the lights on? The dashboard and interior is amazing.

I wish they would have done the lcd lights on the gauges it would have looked brutal, I even tried having a model scale car guy who does lights for model cars but he said it was too big to ship...

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

What did you think when you turned the lights on? The dashboard and interior is amazing.

I still haven't turned them OFF :lol The detailing of the interior is ridiculous! This thing is absolutely breath taking. I know I've already said it, but I'm so happy to have this in my collection now. I always tried to convince myself that I'd never get into 1/6 vehicles so I wouldn't feel so bad about missing out on this, but now I can finally say that my Burton HT batman collection is complete. :)

Thanks a lot, YF! I just got Han and Chewie (both amazing figures) yesterday and this bad boy has totally taken all my attention away from them. It's that awesome! :hi5:

I know what you mean, but I only got mine a few weeks ago. Having had a couple of batman 89's then selling them as I wasn't overwhelmed with them. When I knew the returns version was definitely getting released I had to but one.
I was lucky enough to find a seller in Hong Kong that had one brand new and absolutely perfect, no marks, scratches, blemishes or imperfections.
I figured when I want something this bad I can't have it knowing there is something wrong with it, even if other people don't notice-you do and that would always play on mind and niggle me that it's not perfect. This is one item I was glad I spent extra on and got exactly what I wanted.
It's an amazing item and I'm glad I spent a bit extra on a perfect, completely flawless version.
But not everyone's-a freak..like me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, what? Hot Toys are releasing a Returns version?

Hey... What that's what Brothers of the Bat are for...
I sold my motorcycle to get this puppy and I have more fun with the Batmobile then riding...
Now for the Keaton/Batman Returns to come in and it's complete...
When I find the deals; I will let everyone know...
Have a great Merry Christmas too!!!

Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Congrats to all of you finally getting this amazing vehicle.

This is by far the best vehicle HT has ever done (only followed by the bat)

That last part was a joke.

It seriously takes your breath away once you see the box. It's like a freaking piece of furniture, I've seen fridges that size!

While I still think it's overpriced (after all it's just hollow plastic if you think about it) I don't deny for one second that it was the item most people gave compliments to once they were at my place. They all knew what it was, some of them weren't even fans of anything. They were all like "that's The Batmobile!" It's huge!

My tumbler never got the same treatment, in fact, most didn't even recognize it. "Nice tank?" some said.

I guess it doesn't matter what you pay for this, just make sure you have the space to display it or you plan to move someplace you'll be able to soon. This does not deserve to be in storage, and I know many keep them that way. It's just huge.

Thanks a lot, Franny! I've only had it for a few days now, but I'm still on a "natural high" from this purchase. Sounds ridiculous, I know :lol But I was one of those 8 year old, absolute batman fanatics/freaks when this movie first came out. I think it was actually the first movie I ever saw in theaters. I had all the trading cards, batman candy, action figures, clothes, posters etc. It was a fun time for me, and everything about this film just takes me back to those simpler, carefree times.

I'm still trying to figure out where/how to display this piece. I agree, it definitely deserves to be properly displayed. I'm gonna have to make some major changes to my current display to make room. I will probably also have to end up getting some type of case or cover for it too. Got a lot to do for sure, but I'm still so glad that the BBTS deal came up and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm glad you bought it. I've been watching that listing with my finger hovering over the "buy it now" button for the past few days. I'm relieved I don't have to find room to display it. I've owned this Batmobile before, and while it's a great display piece, it takes up so much real estate!

I received mine Today. Hardly scratched. Just two scratches on the left side by the canopy. I believe these are very common. BBTS was Great to deal with. I'm going to try my Harley denim black cleaner on it. It looks like it's from the foam inside the shield. Not a big deal at all. Very Happy with this.
bm1.JPG
bm2.JPG
bm3.JPG

When did you buy it? I have wanted it for awhile and haven't had funds, however, now they all seem to be sold out. I don't even care if it has scratches.

Back