1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one beautiful, yet simple and classy display.

Would rep you if I could, but I'm never paying to be a Premium Member.

This came out so much better than the Tumbler.

In terms of accurately replicating the car each is based on? Or just because you prefer the 1989 design overall?

In terms of accurately replicating the car each is based on? Or just because you prefer the 1989 design overall?

The interior of the tumbler feels and looks really bad, the whole thing kinda feels cheap compared to the 89 version. They both look great as display options, but once you actually start getting a feel for them, it's different.

They are both definitely overpriced, that's a fact.

This has nothing to do with me preferring the Burton's films.

Ah then we just disagree. In terms of interior accuracy, and attention to detail, the 1989 definitely has the Tumbler beat, not even close. Exterior accuracy though? I think the ratio of things right to things wrong is better on the Tumbler than the 89. This is different from overall shelf presence though, which I also give to the 89, despite my nitpicks with it (and even over my personal preference for the Tumbler).

Recently had occasion to show my ex-fiancee my '89 mobile which I bought after we'd broken up. She always loved the Tumbler and she prefers it still, describing the '89 as ''too flash''.

My Tumbler resides in the box which itself is being used as a makeshift shelf so needless to say what my preference is.

As far as execution of the toys, neither is as high-end as they could be but maybe the '89 is a little moreso due to the detail of the dashboard controls. Always regretted how much the Tumbler really lacked in this area.

Last edited:
Recently had occasion to show my ex-fiancee my '89 mobile which I bought after we'd broken up. She always loved the Tumbler and she prefers it still, describing the '89 as ''too flash''.

My Tumbler resides in the box which itself is being used as a makeshift shelf so needless to say what my preference is.

As far as execution of the toys, neither is as high-end as they could be but maybe the '89 is a little moreso due to the detail of the dashboard controls. Always regretted how much the Tumbler really lacked in this area.

It's great to hear you guys are still friends. That shows a lot of character.

But yeah, the interior of the Tumbler seems unfinished to me, but then again it's a very small nitpick really. I'll always remember that moment when I first opened my first 1/6 vehicle. I couldn't believe it.

That wow factor was something else.

She wasn't a keeper, good thing you didn't marry her.

It's great to hear you guys are still friends. That shows a lot of character.

But yeah, the interior of the Tumbler seems unfinished to me, but then again it's a very small nitpick really. I'll always remember that moment when I first opened my first 1/6 vehicle. I couldn't believe it.

That wow factor was something else.

We parted on good enough terms. Although I'm not sure how the friend thing will work out in practice.

Yeah I remember being hugely excited about the Tumbler - it had what we thought at the time was a big delay (probably nothing compared to the Batman Returns figure)

The Dark Knight Rises just really turned me off it though with all those camo-Tumblers that Bane's thugs were driving around in. It made the Tumbler less special, it wasn't a Batmobile anymore.
The '89 car on the other hand never lost its coolness for me.

She wasn't a keeper, good thing you didn't marry her.

:lol I knew someone would say that.

Actually I figured it was likely to be you, but I can't pass on a movie reference

I learned that being "friends" with your ex is never a good thing. You don't need the physiological burden, dev. :lol

Yes! I've been wanting this thing for months and never found a price anywhere close to what I was able to pay. This will be displayed higher in the collection, so hopefully the scratches and/or dents are just one one side and once the piece is raised the damaged side won't be visible.

it would be helpful if you mentioned these are all damaged...scratch and dent models.

Though this is the case, there are some surprisingly good ones available. I got mine from BBTS when they were selling "Previously opened" scratch and dents for $429.00 or whatever it was at the time and mine had not a single flaw on it. I posted pics way back in this thread. Just giving my own personal experience.

Here is the link to E-Bay...

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Scratch-and-Dent-Hot-Toys-MMS170-Movie-Masterpiece-1-6-Scale-1989-Batmobile-/371495899827?nav=SEARCH

Still available...

Or type the words: Hot Toys Batmobile...

Back