1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's how I justified it. I just sold my Porsche 911 Turbo for an SUV. Now I have no sports car. I always wanted the Batmobile...and if I allowed myself...I'd scheme up someway to build a real one. This way...I have a piece of art in the car category...and I'm not tempted to go waste money on a real car.

It's actually saving me $1500 / month. LOL

How did you re paint the wheels? do the bat signs come off ?

No unfortunatly you can't remove the wheels without unscrew and dismantle the entire car. On my side i prefered dismantle nothing and protect the car to repaint as following:
Protect the entire car / protect the tires / paint the rims / protect the rims / paint the sides of the tires to get back a real gum effect.

Damn, I'm jealous of that repaint, really makes it look sleeker and cooler.

Don't have the balls to try that on mine.

No unfortunatly you can't remove the wheels without unscrew and dismantle the entire car. On my side i prefered dismantle nothing and protect the car to repaint as following:
Protect the entire car / protect the tires / paint the rims / protect the rims / paint the sides of the tires to get back a real gum effect.

I remember seeing this. So did you paint the entire wheel black then paint the bat signs silver again or did you cover them ? Iv had a look at it and they look tricky but might be easier painting them black first then silver . Also did you hand paint them or air brush, spray...?

It does look way better black.

In fact i began by protecting the entire car with alimentary film. Then with a cutter i opened a safety access to the wheels and protected the area between the car and the wheels with Tamiya scotch. ( very easy to use and leaves no mark.) then i protected the sides of the tires with the scotch Tamiya.
Then i painted the rims with the Tamiya spray TS 29( semi gloss/satin black), even the hubcaps. Very easy to apply but carreful dries very fast.
When it is dry, i protected the rims with the scotch and painted the sides of the tires with the Tamiya spray TS 82 ( mat rubber black). The stock sides of the tires are in hard plastic and are too shiny. It doesn't match with the rest of the tire in my opinion.
Finaly i sanded the hubcaps and painted them in aluminium grey with a very small brush.

Sorry my english is not perfect... :dunno i try to improve it every day and i hope you understand me welll.
:wink1:

In fact i began by protecting the entire car with alimentary film. Then with a cutter i opened a safety access to the wheels and protected the area between the car and the wheels with Tamiya scotch. ( very easy to use and leaves no mark.) then i protected the sides of the tires with the scotch Tamiya.
Then i painted the rims with the Tamiya spray TS 29( semi gloss/satin black), even the hubcaps. Very easy to apply but carreful dries very fast.
When it is dry, i protected the rims with the scotch and painted the sides of the tires with the Tamiya spray TS 82 ( mat rubber black). The stock sides of the tires are in hard plastic and are too shiny. It doesn't match with the rest of the tire in my opinion.
Finaly i sanded the hubcaps and painted them in aluminium grey with a very small brush.

Sorry my english is not perfect... :dunno i try to improve it every day and i hope you understand me welll.

Your english is great buddy :) thanks for the detailed step by step. Really does look very cool. I think il have a go at this soon :)

Mines at the delivery office-looks like il be getting it Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think you could get the same result from painting the wheels by hand, with acrylic black tomiya paint? Iv used it before and it's great for matte. Seems easier too

I just decided to not light the wheels in my display. Can't see them now :)

_JOE1825.jpg

Great display!!!:clap
Creasy: yes but take care to not leave marks of brush because the paint dries very fast...

Thanks, iv not got mine yet, it should be here tomorrow. I'm not sure I'm brave enough yet to try it, as it cost a lot. So I'm gonna see how it suits me first before I try

I understand. It's a valued high end collectible...
But first enjoy! You'll see it is a wonderfull piece! I've got it for two years and i'm never tired to look a this monster!
You're not prepared for the size of the box!!!

Thanks, iv not got mine yet, it should be here tomorrow. I'm not sure I'm brave enough yet to try it, as it cost a lot. So I'm gonna see how it suits me first before I try

This beast is at home waiting for me now. Can't wait to see it in hand. Pretty impressed with the postage too-£84 from Hong Kong & arrived in 4days

Oh man after having this all week , I finally got a chance to open it up today. After all the pictures Iv seen & videos nothing can prepare for seeing it yourself first hand. I'm blown away it's so awesome! Really glad I bit the bullet on it & got it. It's perfect too no scuffs or blemishes. Now I need the returns batman to stand by it and I could call it a day on collecting because nothing will surpass this.
Anyone got any advice on display cases for it?

Mine is in storage atm, and these latest posts are getting me all excited that I own one also!

Back