1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just need the space... image.jpg

Needin a batmobile, anyone selling pm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still looking if anyone in the uk is selling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are becoming a little hard to find was checking ebay they are selling for $750.00-$850.00 here in the US already and only going up in price. I love mine just torn because I have no room to display it

Hey guys! New here. I just got my 1989 batmobile yesterday. I am the third owner. The piece is excellent except for the scratches near the canopy during the original packing. The previous owner disclosed this but I picked it up anyway because it was an awesome deal. I am pretty happy with it as I've wanted this ever since it was announced.

I've tried to scour this thread for any potential solutions to fixing the scratches but since this thread is so long, I haven't been able to find it. Sorry if this has already been discussed, but is there anything I can do to remedy the scratches? Thanks in advance!

Hey guys! New here. I just got my 1989 batmobile yesterday. I am the third owner. The piece is excellent except for the scratches near the canopy during the original packing. The previous owner disclosed this but I picked it up anyway because it was an awesome deal. I am pretty happy with it as I've wanted this ever since it was announced.

I've tried to scour this thread for any potential solutions to fixing the scratches but since this thread is so long, I haven't been able to find it. Sorry if this has already been discussed, but is there anything I can do to remedy the scratches? Thanks in advance!

Alot of these had scratches there.
How bad are they ? are they deep ?

Im not sure if this will work but I recently brought an iron man bust which had quite a nasty blemish on the paint work. What I did was I tested an area underneath the bust which wouldnt show and used some T cut. I gently rubbed it in, buffed it off.... Didnt do anything nasty to the paint so i gave it a go on the blemish . I managed to get it out and it turned out perfect.

Again, im not sure if this would work being as its plastic, but it might just work.
And if you are going to try it, test a small area that wont show first to see how it reacts with the material and paint work.

Someone might come along with a better solution soon.

But, if you ever find yourself in this position with a polystone statue, bust and your thinking of sending back, give T cut a go first.
Sending stuff back especially if your non US to Sideshow.... is a real pain and you usually end up out of pocket cos of the taxes.
May as well try it. If you **** it up, its going back anyway ;)

Alot of these had scratches there.
How bad are they ? are they deep ?

Im not sure if this will work but I recently brought an iron man bust which had quite a nasty blemish on the paint work. What I did was I tested an area underneath the bust which wouldnt show and used some T cut. I gently rubbed it in, buffed it off.... Didnt do anything nasty to the paint so i gave it a go on the blemish . I managed to get it out and it turned out perfect.

Again, im not sure if this would work being as its plastic, but it might just work.
And if you are going to try it, test a small area that wont show first to see how it reacts with the material and paint work.

Someone might come along with a better solution soon.

But, if you ever find yourself in this position with a polystone statue, bust and your thinking of sending back, give T cut a go first.
Sending stuff back especially if your non US to Sideshow.... is a real pain and you usually end up out of pocket cos of the taxes.
May as well try it. If you **** it up, its going back anyway ;)

Thanks! Good to know! It's not deep. Just paint scuffs for the most part. I'll look into T cut and research the effects of it on plastic.

Thanks! Good to know! It's not deep. Just paint scuffs for the most part. I'll look into T cut and research the effects of it on plastic.

It should be fine. Like I say, just try a little somewhere you cant see to see how it goes. It should just take a thin layer of paint off. I was worried it might take the gloss away on mine but it was ok.

Just one man's opinion here-
I tried a VERY mild polish on mine after hearing folks say it worked.
Took the scratches out but left the spots shiny and more noticeable than they were before. I've never been happy with it since and it stays put up now.
I really wish I'd have just left it alone.
As I said, just my opinion only.

Took the scratches out but left the spots shiny and more noticeable than they were before. I've never been happy with it since and it stays put up now.

Good to know. Sorry about that! What kind of polish did you use?

I used the finest grade Novus plastic polish. Forgot what the number was.
It's basically just for final polishing of clear plastics so it's extremely fine and takes almost no paint off.
The paint that hot Toys used on the 89 Batmobile was VERY soft as others here can attest to. Anything will scratch it, a fingernail, rough cloth, anything, so it takes very little to polish it.
Once you do that you have glossy spots on a semi matte finish.
Once again, some here did it and liked the look better than the scratches.
I did it and hated it personally.

I agree with Maniac Cop 5. Please don't mess with it. I was part of the whole mess when the first batch of Batmobiles were shipped out without foam on the inside of the Cocoon, this cause the plastic Cocoon shell to scuff the top areas of my batmobile. I waited for the second batch and received a second that was perfect. The second batch had all these foam blocks glued to the inside of the Cocoon shell, Then they placed a layer of Plastic film between the Cocoon and the Batmobile. This is what they should have done in the first place.

I would suggest You need to were rubber gloves when touching it. If you skin is dry you can scratch it, if you skin is oily you will stain it. The Matte paint they used is very soft. Even using the Wrong micro fiber towel can scratch it. I'm lucky to have a perfect scuff free one, but only because I had learned from the first one I received how sensitive it was.

Hope this helps you. It is an awesome piece.

Id be inclined to agree. If its just light marks, it probably isnt worth the risk messing about with it.

Good to know. Sorry about that! What kind of polish did you use?

Right well i found myself in the unfortunate situation of having to try something on mine. Been having a move around and my penguin fig nosed dived and marked the batmobile with white paint.

I tried some T cut on mine and it worked a treat. Took a couple of goes to get the paint out and you can see it takes a thin layer of paint off the batmobile when you check the cloth. Not only that, it still left the gloss.

Wish I had took some photos but was panicking and wanted rid of the mark lol.

Back