1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I am torn on the 89 batmobile since it is the nicest collectible I have ever seen and you know it will probably not be produced again at that scale. My issue is no place to display.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Can't see myself ever parting with my Batmobile. It's one of my favorite toys, and a huge conversation piece when people come visit my office. It stays here unless my family has some financial crisis we need to dig our way out of. Even then, it'd be one of the last four toys to go (the other 3 89 Batman Hot Toys are the other keepers).

Wow. I actually just took my Tumbler out of the box since I bought it and it looks impressive. But not as impressive as the 89 batmobile beside it. Although the price of the Hot Toys has gotten to the point where the enjoyment of the piece is overwhelmed by how much I would pay for it, I'm keeping the ones I have in my collection.

Usually, my collection are just in the display shelves unlighted and seeing them all the time makes it mundane. However, there are times at night when I turn on the display lights and the room lights are off, the figures are just beautiful pieces of work that I can just keep staring at individually.

Mine aren't in lit displays, but I love the light up feature of some of these toys. The bat-signal and armory look awesome in a dimly lit room. I need a smartphone just so I can buy those batteries to make my 89 Batmobile light up by remote...

My dream is to somehow line up and display the tumbler, 89, batpod and 66 batmobile. 2 to go. Come on HT

Was just giving this thing a dusting over, damned near impossible to completely purge it of these little particles, especially when you shine a torch on it. An area you thought you'd cleared has suddenly collected dust again. More than that though when I shone the torch on it I saw all manner of scratches and scuffs that I never noticed before.

I use the dust cloths that Hot Toys provided with figures like the DX13 (for the liquid metal T-1000) and the QS002 Endoskeleton so unless those cloths picked up harder particulates (possible as they were themselves just lying around) which then scraped the Batmobile in places...either that or the scratches & scuffs were always there and they simply aren't visible unless you examine with a torch.

But anyway, I figured it'd be impossible to keep this thing totally scratch-free for all time and sure enough.

Last edited:
Was just giving this thing a dusting over, damned near impossible to completely purge it of these little particles, especially when you shine a torch on it. An area you thought you'd cleared has suddenly collected dust again. More than that though when I shone the torch on it I saw all manner of scratches and scuffs that I never noticed before.

I use the dust clothes that Hot Toys provided with figures like the DX13 (for the liquid metal T-1000) and the QS002 Endoskeleton so unless those clothes picked up harder particulates (possible as they were themselves just lying around) which then scraped the Batmobile in places...either that or the scratches & scuffs were always there and they simply aren't visible unless you examine with a torch.

But anyway, I figured it'd be impossible to keep this thing totally scratch-free for all time and sure enough.
Mine is clean cause it's still in the box... Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

Gave mine a quick dusting last night, and that's kind of part of the fun of owning this thing, as odd as it sounds. Makes you really focus on all the little details and your mind can't help but flashback to the two films (which is always a good memory in my book).

Love this car way more than I thought I would. So happy I found such a good deal on it, or it'd still be a dream.

Back