1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the Toynami is too shiny and glossy. Finaly the paint job is not so different between 89 and Returns. They are all the 1.1 replicas too glossy that give the feeling that the Batmobile was gloss in returns. But it's wrong.

89:

Returns:

Looks like I could buy this brand new (labeled a 2nd production run?) for $450 Shipped. That kinda seems too good to pass up, but I would have to flash sell some stuff to pay for it. Would be from overseas too so I'd be concerned about damage in transit.

I always assumed I was priced out of this Batmobile, but after reading a post a few pages back about a collector who bought one in Japan for 260 or so, I checked Amazon to see if any store was selling these at a lower price, perhaps due to overstock.

I actually found a store that sold it at $313 plus $6 shipping. I bought it because that price was too insane to pass up, and then had the order cancelled by the seller. He said it was priced at the incorrect amount. After a few days of emails, I convinced him to sell me it at the $319 price, and then I was able to get $60 off by opening an Amazon card account. So all in all, this awesome toy only cost me $259 shipped.

The car arrived today with no scratches or flaws of any kind. I couldn't be happier with it, and am happy to complete my Hot Toys '89 collection. I'm going to get two Ikea coffee tables to show off both the shields and non-shields version, as they both look so cool. For a guy whose favorite movie is '89's Batman, I have to say this is now one of my most prized possessions. I still can't get over that price.

I can not lie to you good people.......even at the unbelievable discount I got ($260 shipped) I have been feeling buyer's remorse for the last few days.

It's such a mixed emotion....the car is just GORGEOUS. No question. But it's just so damn BIG! I mean, I knew it was gonna be big, but I didn't think it was gonna be this BIG!!

And I live in what is called a 2DK in Japan. It's a living room, a bedroom (with tatami mats on the floor), and a kitchen and bathroom. Not bad at all for one person...heck, some families and couples even squeeze into 2DKs here! But space is at a premium. One wall of my living room is completely covered with shelves of toys. I can't add a giant car to that! Plus, I sleep on a futon on the floor...I can't risk rolling over onto the car!

So since it arrived I've had it propped up on the shipping box, which felt like it took up about half of my tatami room. I guess I'm just embarrassed. I'm a guy that doesn't even have a kitchen table, but I have this giant TOY CAR taking up half my apartment!! I even thought about trying to return it or sell it or something. I was just so caught up in the moment when I saw how cheap it was, I wasn't thinking practically.

But today I went to a Home Depot/Lowes type of store here in Japan and bought a nice black table for about $50. Just the right size for the car to rest on, with the shields fitting underneath. I managed to shove the giant box into my main closet. Now, with the box out of the way and the car displayed properly on a table....it looks pretty damn classy, if I do say so myself. And it only really takes up ONE tatami mat, in a six-mat room. So it's really not nearly as bad as I thought.

I guess the biggest thing for me was I liked living kinda "spartan" style here in my room. I try to keep things minimal. But a nearly four-foot long plastic car proudly on display changes that!

It looks amazing...it's just an insanley beautiful display piece. Now that it's on a table and looks decent, I think my buyer's remorse is going away.
If you have this Batmobile and no table, I think it is obvious what you should do. Buy an acrylic display case and put a glass panel on top and you have a table as well as a Batmobile display.

I always assumed I was priced out of this Batmobile, but after reading a post a few pages back about a collector who bought one in Japan for 260 or so, I checked Amazon to see if any store was selling these at a lower price, perhaps due to overstock.

I actually found a store that sold it at $313 plus $6 shipping. I bought it because that price was too insane to pass up, and then had the order cancelled by the seller. He said it was priced at the incorrect amount. After a few days of emails, I convinced him to sell me it at the $319 price, and then I was able to get $60 off by opening an Amazon card account. So all in all, this awesome toy only cost me $259 shipped.

The car arrived today with no scratches or flaws of any kind. I couldn't be happier with it, and am happy to complete my Hot Toys '89 collection. I'm going to get two Ikea coffee tables to show off both the shields and non-shields version, as they both look so cool. For a guy whose favorite movie is '89's Batman, I have to say this is now one of my most prized possessions. I still can't get over that price.

Woah, that's amazing. Helluva a deal.

How did you manage to talk him into it if you don't mind me asking? Did you tell him he wouldn't be able to sell it at the $700 price tag?

Since I'd already bought and paid for it, I asked him to honor the price he had it listed for. I pointed out how I didn't think it was ethical to raise the price on an item after a buyer had already paid the price he originally asked for it. I'm not sure if he realized there was a much greater demand than he thought (he originally had 21 for sale at that price) and voided them all out, or if it was an honest mistake, but when someone pays you your asking price and you accept payment, that's a contract. So he honored the price, and is now selling the rest of his stock for $700.

I'm just extremely happy I was able to get the car, as I've been obsessing over it since it was first announced, but unfortunately couldn't afford the hefty price tag until I chanced on that Amazon listing.

Can't get over this is still available to purchase in the UK.

I was surprised at this too, but I'm glad it was still available over here as i just bought this bad boy for a great price & is due to be delivered this Friday :yess: only down side is i was stupid & sold my 89 Keaton for peanuts not that long ago :slap So i have to buy him again & he's a bit expensive now but cant have the car without keaton

Hong Kong...

IMG_0094.JPG

Back