1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm down to my last payment (& shipping! eek!) :impatient: and I've got to start thinking about how to display this thing.

I shamefully still have most of my Hot Toys in their original boxes do to inadequate display space for them.

What do you guys recommend? And is anything out there really big enough to display the chunk that is the Batmobile?

If most of your HT figures are still boxed up because of lack of display space, your Batmobile will likely also be packed away most of the time. You really need a pretty big piece of furniture like a large chest of drawers, table, shelf or custom case to display this properly.

But you definitely made the right choice in buying it now and then figuring out where to put it later. It would be much harder to afford the other way around.

Yeah I think someone in these hundreds of pages said his arrived with the afterburner lights not working, but it was an easy fix since one of the LED plugs was loose. So check those first. The good news is that most of them are easily accessible without taking the whole thing apart. The instructions show you which panels you've got to unscrew to access the headlight, taillight, dash and afterburner LEDs. If you still can't reach the plugs that way, then you may have to carefully disassemble it to get to them.

Yeah I think someone in these hundreds of pages said his arrived with the afterburner lights not working, but it was an easy fix since one of the LED plugs was loose. So check those first. The good news is that most of them are easily accessible without taking the whole thing apart. The instructions show you which panels you've got to unscrew to access the headlight, taillight, dash and afterburner LEDs. If you still can't reach the plugs that way, then you may have to carefully disassemble it to get to them.

Thanks for the info! I opened my quick to inspect it, but didn't try the lights. Its now packed up for a couple months since I got it mid move, and don't really have access to it; I'm paranoid it won't work when I finally get it unboxed.

Oh I thought you tried the lights, and some of them didn't work. Relax, you've probably got nothing to worry about in regards to the lights. There have been very very few reports of lights not working right out of the box once batteries were put in. In fact, the one I mentioned above is the only one I personally heard of. If your car isn't scratched, you're probably golden.

Oh I thought you tried the lights, and some of them didn't work. Relax, you've probably got nothing to worry about in regards to the lights. There have been very very few reports of lights not working right out of the box once batteries were put in. In fact, the one I mentioned above is the only one I personally heard of. If your car isn't scratched, you're probably golden.

Scratch free as far as I can tell. Can't wait to get moved and set this baby up! Thanks for the info, appreciate it!

If most of your HT figures are still boxed up because of lack of display space, your Batmobile will likely also be packed away most of the time. You really need a pretty big piece of furniture like a large chest of drawers, table, shelf or custom case to display this properly.

But you definitely made the right choice in buying it now and then figuring out where to put it later. It would be much harder to afford the other way around.

lol i would have to make space to store it, why i find space to display it haha

I just watched Sallah's video on the material used to remove the scratches. I wonder if a black shoe polish would work better as the dark color would actually go into the scratches to color it.

ame9uzeh.jpg

nuzamy2y.jpg

6ubedeha.jpg

Wow, that's fantastic. Very cool display base.

Late October for me but at least I feel more confident now of getting a scratch-free one.

I'm sure mine will arrive perfect as well.
I requested they inspect the batmobile before sending it out to me and the girl from SS informed me that after all the complaints they have been getting they are now inspecting them before sending them out.

Replacement arrived in perfect condition.
I do have a HUGE bed, and this thing basically takes 50% of the space.
What a beauty, best HT purchase ever. It's like you don't think much about $600+ being all that much...
adenapy6.jpg

Back