1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very eager to gets this here in Australia but quite worried about the condition it will arrive to me in..
Ordered from popcultcha in Melbourne for $800 hopefully they will check condition of it before deliver to me.. They are sourcing it from Sideshow they tell me... Due in October... :)

For those other Aussies on here where did you order from and how much and whats your eta?

1 more month! ... Hopefully.. Lol

I'm very eager to gets this here in Australia but quite worried about the condition it will arrive to me in..
Ordered from popcultcha in Melbourne for $800 hopefully they will check condition of it before deliver to me.. They are sourcing it from Sideshow they tell me... Due in October... :)

For those other Aussies on here where did you order from and how much and whats your eta?

1 more month! ... Hopefully.. Lol

you may as well order if from Sideshow then. it will work out the same price they have a flat rate of $84 for shipping and you will get it in about a week. They also told me if it was to come damage, they will not ask for it to be returned due, however they will make you destroy it and take photos. i had a long chat with Sideshow Reps about it

So has everyone so far who has received one with the plastic layer or bubblewrap between the car and the shield had no damage to their batmobiles? That would seem to confirm that it is was the ****ing shield causing the problem, no?

It would appear so. I've heard nothing but positive feedback from this second batch of Batmobiles...and mine was one of them :yess:

It's would seem retailers have learnt from the first batch to protect the layer between the car and shields more. This is an advantage of getting it later I suppose. The wait ends up worth it!

I use to detail cars for some side cash and got to know some of the compounds that are used for removing swirls, "spider-webbing" and orange peel. Having said that, I would advise against the use of Scratch-X. The difference in compounds are the abrasives used. The issue with Scratch-X is that is was meant to be a "by-hand" compound instead of more expensive compounds that are used for machine use.

What this means is that Scratch-X has "diminishing abrasives" - as the product breaks down, it buffs out the clear coat leaving it appear shinier. Compounds that are made for machine use have a range of abrasiveness - for heavier scratches the compound actually leaves it lucking dull/flat. I have no experience with satin finishes or even plastic applications but if it were me, I would opt for the M105 over the Scratch-X. The abrasives are non-diminishing and the end result would be better removal of scratches - M105 is a superior product - without the shine/gloss the Scratch-X induces.

Have you tried the Meguiar's Ultra-Cut Compound M105 on the Batmobile? If so can we see pictures?

I use to detail cars for some side cash and got to know some of the compounds that are used for removing swirls, "spider-webbing" and orange peel. Having said that, I would advise against the use of Scratch-X. The difference in compounds are the abrasives used. The issue with Scratch-X is that is was meant to be a "by-hand" compound instead of more expensive compounds that are used for machine use.

What this means is that Scratch-X has "diminishing abrasives" - as the product breaks down, it buffs out the clear coat leaving it appear shinier. Compounds that are made for machine use have a range of abrasiveness - for heavier scratches the compound actually leaves it lucking dull/flat. I have no experience with satin finishes or even plastic applications but if it were me, I would opt for the M105 over the Scratch-X. The abrasives are non-diminishing and the end result would be better removal of scratches - M105 is a superior product - without the shine/gloss the Scratch-X induces.

Good to know! I actually don't mind the slight gloss the Scratch X adds to the scratch spots as it really isn't that noticeable (definitely less so than the scratches were). I can really only notice a difference under certain lighting... But it is good to know! Thanks for the head's up... :hi5:

Sallah

Yeah, I ever since reading Spanbauer's ideas here, I've been thinking this thing could stand a lot more detailing.

I can't do it all at once, but I'm going to do what I can very carefully and slowly. I'll only mod what I am confident to attempt changing. In the end though, I hope to eventually do everything Spanbauer listed, plus craft a pull out cylinder engine, connect the steering wheel to the front steering arm (just because) and maybe even cram a real RC motor under the hood. Not that I'd ever run it (unless I buy a second one)...but just to know it's there. Then, top the whole thing off with a slightly more metallic dark gray, low-gloss, paint job.
Awesome man, can't wait to see what you come up with!

I'm sure there are superior products on the market for scratch/scuff reduction but to really remove all the damage, one would have to put in some type of filler, sand it out, buff it and repaint the whole thing.

I can live with a few noticeable scratches here and there. And as mentioned, the glossiness is only visible in certain lights and can be dramatically reduced.

My pockets are still low from this thing, so having it repainted is not in the cards. As long as it displays well, I'm good.

Maybe in the future.

If you have a scuff one, did you use the M105 on it? How's it look?

I sell one called Scratch Doctor. I'll try that. Either way for $100 off I'm okay with some scratches.

Have you tried the Meguiar's Ultra-Cut Compound M105 on the Batmobile? If so can we see pictures?

No, I don't own a Batmobile yet. I was contemplating ordering a damaged one from BBTS, sanding down the casting flash and having it professionally painted in Satin Black.

anyone used Scratch Doctor?

Good to know! I actually don't mind the slight gloss the Scratch X adds to the scratch spots as it really isn't that noticeable (definitely less so than the scratches were). I can really only notice a difference under certain lighting... But it is good to know! Thanks for the head's up... :hi5:

Sallah

I own a few bottles of different compounds and I know they are expensive - usually 30-50 bucks per bottle. I could send you a sample if you'd like. Just pay shipping.

Thinking about building a display case out of an Ikea Granas dinner table, since the coffee table version is not to be found atm. I think the same conversion steps should be the same.

Thinking about building a display case out of an Ikea Granas dinner table, since the coffee table version is not to be found atm. I think the same conversion steps should be the same.

Check Craigslist.

anyone used Scratch Doctor?

I wonder if a soft Dremel polishing/buffing tool would work better on the scuffs than chemical abraisive rubbing compounds.

I would suggest trying to find the coffee table as the dinning table is pretty big but if you have the space go for it. With the space you could make a pretty cool display.

I was lucky enough to have a granas coffee table just sitting in storage. Came across The thread in the show your shelves section and am going to try the same thing.

Good luck.

Here's the video I made showing the Scratch X being used to reduce the scratch issue. While it didn't remove the scratches completely, it did at least lessen them to the point where they don't bother me quite so much. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYx-JT9aa4M

Sallah

Nice man. I found that if I used the stuff around more than just the scuffs than it came really sharp. I actually like the care a bit of a shiny black with some matte black. I also think that it makes the thing look less like plastic.

I would suggest trying to find the coffee table as the dinning table is pretty big but if you have the space go for it. With the space you could make a pretty cool display.

I was lucky enough to have a granas coffee table just sitting in storage. Came across The thread in the show your shelves section and am going to try the same thing.

Good luck.

I was thinking about that as well. I couldn't find any of the tables around. Too bad they stopped selling them.

Search for ikea glass top coffee table as most selling it used wont remember the model name ;). Also the dinning table is a bit different as the shelf is not using the same method to "hook" to the legs but actually used nutts and bolts I think so you would need to drill holes instead. Just keep in mind it's kinda high and actually the dimensions are smaller. I think its not as wide but a little longer! Could always cut the legs though for the height issue

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Back