1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Sean, really appreciate that pal :1-1: Cant wait for your display mate, sounds awesome! Will it be one of those Ikea tables that i've seen other people convert into dislays? That'll be nice but intrigued to hear what different things you have in mind :clap

For those who missed out earlier, here is a link to my display thread to see my new custom Batmobile base...:wave

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113613&page=211

Yes mate the very same table, i brought it a couple of years ago for the tumbler but never got around to doing it and when they announced this batmobile my tumbler was on ebay within hours to make way for it so ive had no need for it until now. I was just going for a plain black base but having seen this beauty im thinking maybe something utilising the solid surface material i use at work may be with a batman inlay in a stone type finish, i know that's hard to imagine.
I dont suppose you have a cad drawing of the symbol by any chance? :pray:

Get it Eamon, you clearly want one. :lol

Oh I am working on it! ;)

I'll even take a damaged one of it means saving some money...which is the real issue for me.
I have some great figures to trade for it or to sell on to buy it outright:
Space Adam (white version), Gun Metal Iron Man MIV, Rubber Skinned T600 and maybe a Marcus Wright. Don't want loose these but would be willing to part with any of them for the Batmobile.

You can tell in the podcast that your enthusiasm for it is unmatched. I think you'll really dig it.

I wonder if Crawford is going to do a review of his.

You can tell in the podcast that your enthusiasm for it is unmatched. I think you'll really dig it.

I wonder if Crawford is going to do a review of his.

Dude, I spent a saturday night in with a friend just watching youtube reviews!
How sad is that??! :D

I should think Mike will do a full review on his site.

I see all the modding has started already. Once I get mine I'll be in this thread for a tiny bit and then I'm gone. I don't want to feel like I have an inferior piece like I ended up feeling with all the Nolan Batman stuff.

You don't need to mod this beauty.

At last! My Batmobile Custom Base is complete!!! Pics to follow shortly on my display thread!! And it's bloody big!! :horror

Agreed. This is a wonderful vehicle and my favorite Hot Toys piece, hands down.
I like the box so much as well, that I use that as the display stand. I pushed a few things aside, and have the box against the wall, with the Batmobile sitting on top, with Keaton Bats standing by it.
Yeah, this thing is pretty awesome.

Absolutely agreed. On its own, this thing is a masterpiece. Out of the box and on display, one would have to be out of their mind to criticize its appearance.

That said, for those of us out there comfortable with dremels and airbrushes, it's also a virtual blank canvas. :blissy:

i canceled mine, even with the bag in-between the sheild i didnt want to risk it coming damaged to australia, but idk im still on the fence and might order it again. Tho i have no room at the moment to display it, but i know if i leave it to late ill want it. tho means ill have to fork out for a DX09 to display it with

Got mine today and it perfect. My dealer checked it prior to shipping and added a layer of bubble wrap between the car and shields. Love it! The white is the polystyrene, just needs dusting off!

zu3y8ade.jpg

Got mine today and it perfect. My dealer checked it prior to shipping and added a layer of bubble wrap between the car and shields. Love it! The white is the polystyrene, just needs dusting off!
You can leave that white dust on for when they announce the Return figures. :lol

So has everyone so far who has received one with the plastic layer or bubblewrap between the car and the shield had no damage to their batmobiles? That would seem to confirm that it is was the ****ing shield causing the problem, no?

Huge, HUGE props to Lee in MI & phobicsquirrel for their advice on reducing the scratches! I just tried it myself and I am VERY pleased with the results! The scratches aren't completely gone, but they sure are better than they were before. Thanks so much for the advice guys!

I will be posting a video in a bit showing the process on my car- But for now, here are a couple of before and after shots. :)

Sallah

I use to detail cars for some side cash and got to know some of the compounds that are used for removing swirls, "spider-webbing" and orange peel. Having said that, I would advise against the use of Scratch-X. The difference in compounds are the abrasives used. The issue with Scratch-X is that is was meant to be a "by-hand" compound instead of more expensive compounds that are used for machine use.

What this means is that Scratch-X has "diminishing abrasives" - as the product breaks down, it buffs out the clear coat leaving it appear shinier. Compounds that are made for machine use have a range of abrasiveness - for heavier scratches the compound actually leaves it lucking dull/flat. I have no experience with satin finishes or even plastic applications but if it were me, I would opt for the M105 over the Scratch-X. The abrasives are non-diminishing and the end result would be better removal of scratches - M105 is a superior product - without the shine/gloss the Scratch-X induces.

Back