1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least they are throwing up a decent amount in store credit. My buddy decided to take the $125 store credit despite receiving one with lighter scuffs than mine. I don't know what price point you bought it at but at the original $570 + shipping, it's a pretty solid deal.

I'm so glad I was one of the last ones to pre-order at the $580 price. With store credit of $100 for a rub mark, that makes my Batmobile purchase come out to a grand total of $564.

I commend BBTS for handling everything with excellent service.

I know it's not the popular opinion, but I think SS and all the other retailers handled this scratch situation the best they could for a very large and logistically expensive and difficult to ship product that they did not make.

Yes, it would have been great if Hot Toys was more communicative about the scratch problem and had a plan in place to accept returns and exchanges on such a large item in case of defects, but that probably would have been way too expensive for them...and that expense would be passed on to the consumer, increasing the MSRP of the Batmobile quite a bit. The way I see it, having a ready-to-go system in place not just for shipping these huge collectibles around the world, but also for accepting a large number of them back (shipping paid by HT, not the consumer of course) and then shipping replacements (again shipping paid by HT) would have been crazy expensive.

Should Hot Toys have for that before they decided to make a 1/6 scale Batmobile? Maybe they did...and they realized that to be able to pay for that, that 1/6 scale plastic Batmobile would cost around $1000. It's probably more than the market could bear and they'd take a long time to sell out and HT to recoup the production costs and make a profit. Obviously HT took the gamble that there wouldn't be any widespread issues, and they were wrong.

That said, besides their lack of communication with the customers and failure to explicitly admit there was a problem, I think these new batches show real effort by Hot Toys to take immediate action to prevent a bad issue from continuing as soon as they found out about it. The first reports of scratched and scuffed Batmobiles started when the first SS batch started getting distributed in the US a little more than a month ago, right? Supposing Hot Toys took corrective action to protect future batches right away by adding the plastic bag or foam sheet between the car and the shield that we're now seeing....after a 2-3 week ship ride across the Pacific, and clearing customs, and then being distributed by SS....when would we expect the extra-protection Batmobiles to start showing up in customers' hands? Right about now.

I need some in hand pics for The Hottoycast episode 10 which i hope to put up tonight.

Does anybody have pics I can use for the podcast? just three will be fine. Please PM me with your three images if you are cool with them appearing on the podcast.

I got a shipping quote from SS but can any Canadian collectors give me an idea of what to expect as far as Vat/custom costs. My last PF was only $18 but this is obviously much bigger.

I got a shipping quote from SS but can any Canadian collectors give me an idea of what to expect as far as Vat/custom costs. My last PF was only $18 but this is obviously much bigger.

Nothing will prepare you for the size of the box- it is much much bigger in person than any pic posted here in this thread- it is HUGE

Got mine the other week! Looks beautiful, the only thing that was slightly damaged was the wings on the shield cover but in all honesty I could careless about that.

Just got my inspected one from BBTS and it's perfect :yess: Bringing that box up a flight of stairs was painful.

I had to go downstairs with it- almost took out the railing and the pictures hanging on the walls- box is just too big to handle!!!!

Did anyone noticed, that the turbine fan on the front of the engine, spins? lol I knew about the gas tanks, but observing this I stuck my finger inside the front and "hey" it spins! NICE!

Does anyone know if HT kinda shrunk the front section from the canopy forward, comparing it with pictures of the real Batmobile, it looks like the front section should be a bit longer.

Does anyone know if HT kinda shrunk the front section from the canopy forward, comparing it with pictures of the real Batmobile, it looks like the front section should be a bit longer.

it looks accurate to me- if you are looking at pics don't trust them- distortion happens alot

Did anyone noticed, that the turbine fan on the front of the engine, spins? lol I knew about the gas tanks, but observing this I stuck my finger inside the front and "hey" it spins! NICE!

cool- thanks for letting us know:yess:

Back