1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-Connect iPhone to your computer
-Drag and drop the pictures to Desktop
-Make account on Photobucket and upload the pictures
-Use the Insert Image button on SSF and post the photobucket image link

-Connect iPhone to your computer
-Drag and drop the pictures to Desktop
-Make account on Photobucket and upload the pictures
-Use the Insert Image button on SSF and post the photobucket image link

Or if you are on an iphone, just get the photobucket app, upload the photos directly from your phone, copy the image code from the images once you have them uploaded.... Then post away! :)

Sallah

Just got mine from Sideshow. Not a single scratch or blemish. :yess: the plastic bag they put between the car and shield seems to have solved the problem. This thing is a beast in person. Next to my PF Speederbike and WETA Rivendell, this has to be the most impressive piece.

Congrats Vas! My turn this evening! Sideshow have sent me a replacement which arrives today by Fedex! Hoping theyve added the plastic protection too!

Great timing as my custom Batmobile base is ready to pick this weekend! Wait until you see that! A complete one of a kind design! :yess:

Last edited:
Just got mine from Sideshow. Not a single scratch or blemish. :yess: the plastic bag they put between the car and shield seems to have solved the problem. This thing is a beast in person. Next to my PF Speederbike and WETA Rivendell, this has to be the most impressive piece.

Congrats, dude! It's freaking awesome, isn't it? :rock

the plastic bag they put between the car and shield seems to have solved the problem.
Now why was that so hard, Sideshow/Hot Toys? Sideshow ought to warn the other stores who received stock from them previously that this extra precaution should be taken. It'd be sad for BBTS to just throw caution to the wind and ship their remaining 93 Batmobiles sans bag, knowing full well there's a 45%chance it'll arrived damaged. And Hot Toys should produce a new batch of bagged Batmobiles for Sideshow to replace any and all damaged units.

Now why was that so hard, Sideshow/Hot Toys? Sideshow ought to warn the other stores who received stock from them previously that this extra precaution should be taken. It'd be sad for BBTS to just throw caution to the wind and ship their remaining 93 Batmobiles sans bag, knowing full well there's a 45%chance it'll arrived damaged. And Hot Toys should produce a new batch of bagged Batmobiles for Sideshow to replace any and all damaged units.

It might have something to do with staff size. I'm sure SS has more employees available to do that sort of thing. I have no idea how many "workers" BBTS has. And sometimes BBTS ships directly from their buyer...it never enters their warehouse at all.

Congrats Vas! My turn this evening! Sideshow have sent me a replacement which arrives today by Fedex! Hoping theyve added the plastic protection too!

Great timing as my custom Batmobile base is ready to pick this weekend! Wait until you see that! A complete one of a kind design! :yess:

Hi Roberto. Let me know if your eeplacement is good. Got my second one from BBTS. No bag over the Batmobile. Had a scratch by left rear window but not as bad as the first one. Also a scratch on front right of Batmobile.

Hi Roberto. Let me know if your eeplacement is good. Got my second one from BBTS. No bag over the Batmobile. Had a scratch by left rear window but not as bad as the first one. Also a scratch on front right of Batmobile.

Will do pal! I'm hoping all is good as my custom display base will be finished and ready to display this coming Saturday :yess: Teaser pics of my custom Batmobile base will be posted on my display thread over on the Show Your Shelves section :rock

Last edited:
It might have something to do with staff size. I'm sure SS has more employees available to do that sort of thing. I have no idea how many "workers" BBTS has. And sometimes BBTS ships directly from their buyer...it never enters their warehouse at all.

Unless Sideshow has rolls of HT tape, I think this may be a second batch from HT that SS is shipping out. Wasn't their inventory pending or something for a little bit? I think that may have been the time before this shipment arrived but after the initial batch shipped to customers. Who knows? For all the complaining, perhaps Hot Toys DID act to put in the plastic bag in as a preventative remedy as soon as the first reports of the scratch problem started coming in. This thing has only been out in North America for a little more than a month. Makes sense when you consider the shipping delay from HK if these come by boat.

Does anyone know if it is easy to take the canopy off? Thanks

It gives a little resistance, but it's not that hard to do. Slide it to the fully open position, and then gently squeeze it on the side to "unhook" the left and right pegs from under the main car body under the cockpit opening. Then once the rear edges of the canopy are freed up from the main car, slide it backwards again until the front catch reaches the opening on the dashpad.

It's amazing how much that little bag makes a difference. It sucks that so many people had to settle with those scratches or have no Batmobile at all.

Got my Batmobile yesterday! It had a plastic bag between the shield and the car, it had no damage that I could see! Success! The plastic coating over the shield was all torn up, though. But I don't mind as I hadn't planned on displaying it.

Unfortunately I have no room for it, as I'm in mid move. I couldn't really take it out of the box, just opened the top to check it out, then it went straight into storage. I won't be able to take it out for at least 2-3 months.

My question is are there any known trouble with lights not working? Since I didn't take it out I couldn't test the lights. Are they a known problem? Have they been known to not work? I'd rather not have to dig it out again to check. Thanks!

Back