1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got my car from sideshow. this car came with a bag between the batmobile shield and the car. no scratches im happy

Wow, that is good news to hear, when did SS ship yours? I just got mine shipped from SSC this week, on it's way right now, hopefully from a "new" batch. That is good news to hear, can you tell if SS was the one that added the bag or HT.

got my car from sideshow. this car came with a bag between the batmobile shield and the car. no scratches im happy

Thats interesting. Got mine coming from Sideshow tomorrow so i wonder if they've done that intentionally or whether it was Hot Toys? Will confirm tomorrow :rock

Got my inspected one from BBTS. It's actually worse than the one I sent back. Scratches on both sides of canopy and one side of roof. Quality control seems to have gone down with this batch as there are more casting flaws in the body and several of the magnets in the machine gun covers were installed in reverse! To top it off the cocoon actually has hairline cracks and the main piece of foam inside was installed off center. BBTS did their best but between Hot Toys and UPS this one didn't have a chance...

Oh, and let me add that this is the softest paint I have ever seen on a model. You just LOOK at it and it scratches.

Last edited:
Well, I got a perfect one. No scratches. That's the end of that.

Congrats DiFabio! Glad you finally got a good one, especially after all the extra effort you put into chasing a scratchless one down. Did you take that pic of all 3 together before you packed up the ones you're returning?

Now that SS has it officially in stock I wonder if they are opening the boxes to inspect before shipping them out. Hopefully HT got the message to add a simple extra layer of thin foam. It can't be that hard.

Got my inspected one from BBTS. It's actually worse than the one I sent back. Scratches on both sides of canopy and one side of roof. Quality control seems to have gone down with this batch as there are more casting flaws in the body and several of the magnets in the machine gun covers were installed in reverse! To top it off the cocoon actually has hairline cracks and the main piece of foam inside was installed off center. BBTS did their best but between Hot Toys and UPS this one didn't have a chance...

Oh, and let me add that this is the softest paint I have ever seen on a model. You just LOOK at it and it scratches.

Christ.......:(

Now that SS has it officially in stock I wonder if they are opening the boxes to inspect before shipping them out. Hopefully HT got the message to add a simple extra layer of thin foam. It can't be that hard.

It is a liability for them to place a layer of plastic, or foam between the Cocoon and the Batmobile. This will disrupt the original design of the packing that Hot Toys intended.

Even though it seems like a poor design

Man that sucks bad and i really really feel sorry for you.

Sorry guys I didn't see this post..... This is very interesting news. Mike @ BBTS said he cant place anything between the Cocoon shield and the Batmobile due to liability issues.

Did Hot Toys place a bag on the Shield? or did SSC place a bag on the shield that is the question....

Man that sucks bad and i really really feel sorry for you.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Not quite sure what I'm gonna do at this point. I just don't have the time (or nerves) to play the "ship back and forth" game.

I may just treat it like a big model car and repaint the whole damn thing!

Wow, that is good news to hear, when did SS ship yours? I just got mine shipped from SSC this week, on it's way right now, hopefully from a "new" batch. That is good news to hear, can you tell if SS was the one that added the bag or HT.

got my car yesterday 8/21

I would like to report that I received my Batmobile 1989 today .. went home for lunch to check it out and it is scratch free....couldn't be happier with this... This was a WB Store purchase! Bring on the 1966 version..:)

Has anybody taken the store credit at BBTS for their scratched Batmobile?

Mine was the one they pre inspected before shipment.

I would like to report that I received my Batmobile 1989 today .. went home for lunch to check it out and it is scratch free....couldn't be happier with this... This was a WB Store purchase! Bring on the 1966 version..:)

Awesome to hear, wish I got it from WB store too now, mine should be here Monday from SS. Hoping for the best.

This is the most amazing thing..it really is something to see..:) Thanks kanine.. good luck and congrats to all who own this one!!!

I have a question for the folks that bought from Warner Bros. like I did.

You know the $20 discount that was applied if you used the code? Well I used that with my order and it ended up being less than $630. I think it was like $624 shipped. Well, looking at my invoice that was attached to the side of the box, I was charged $650? My online order info says one thing, but the charge and invoice is something else.

Curious if this happened to anyone else.

Back