1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPS just delivered it. It has been inspected by BBTS before shipping out. It has dents and scratches on canopy. :gah:

Ugh, sorry to hear that. People who recently got it from SSC said there was a bag placed between the canopy and Batmobile, no one said who placed it, SS or HT. I think BBTS should reconsider their choice of adding an extra layer of protection, HT may not have the greatest packaging for this, but UPS is making sure we get it damaged.

Got mine. I see two light scuffs but I suppose it was expected, doesn't hinder the epic scale of this car in anyway.

Some of these scuffs I see in this thread is exaggerated, imo. People who collect $$150-$200 diecast super cars regularly settle with this:

lambo1c.jpg

I know right!! I bought a 1:12 Tamiya F50 a while back and the door broke off.. faulty screw, but still my AutoArt Reventon had missing mirror stickers and with some paint scuffs but managed to fix it, even then the batmobile is just semi gloss with a light coat, as long as the coat is not deeply scratched a quick scrub can take anything off, since the scratches are foam based. Even then Kyosho and Autoart are wayyy to fragile I damaged a James Bond DB5 car rims because of this...

Got my inspected one from BBTS. It's actually worse than the one I sent back. Scratches on both sides of canopy and one side of roof. Quality control seems to have gone down with this batch as there are more casting flaws in the body and several of the magnets in the machine gun covers were installed in reverse! To top it off the cocoon actually has hairline cracks and the main piece of foam inside was installed off center. BBTS did their best but between Hot Toys and UPS this one didn't have a chance...

Oh, and let me add that this is the softest paint I have ever seen on a model. You just LOOK at it and it scratches.

Yeah and you thought HT was bad...

Had time to open my second one with bbts. Ibonly got paint rub and light scratching. Ill take pics to forward them. Nothing major and its liveable.

just received mine from bbts the canopy is fine but one of the fins has some light scratches and paint missing on the top of the fin. hopefully they can help me with an exchange or partial refund.

Son of a Beech! Got mine today finally, freaking smudges where everyone else's were. Talk about CRAP! I was dredding this.

just received mine from bbts the canopy is fine but one of the fins has some light scratches and paint missing on the top of the fin. hopefully they can help me with an exchange or partial refund.

Thanks for reminding me! Along with everything else I had paint missing from the top of one of my fins also.

Add that to the list! LOL!

Brother in law just got his from fan boy collectibles and some scratchs plus the smudge on the canopy but whats really odd is the cacoon has peeling plastic ...anyone else have any dealings with this vender ? What kind of partial refunds is sideshow giving ? Lastly anyone have this issue with the canopy.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Brother in law just got his from fan boy collectibles and some scratchs plus the smudge on the canopy but whats really odd is the cacoon has peeling plastic ...anyone else have any dealings with this vender ? What kind of partial refunds is sideshow giving ? Lastly anyone have this issue with the canopy.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Canopy is covered with a protective peel away plastic to keep it from scrathing.. that's on all of them... peel it away.. Funny they couldn't do one on the top of the actual batmobile...

It's crazy how Batman just standing there, weapon in hand alongside vehicle, just oozes cool. Probably more so than some tricked out, posed action shot of Iron Man flying or something.

Back