1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived last night from BBTS -perfect! No scratches or QC issues. I'm a happy customer so far.

Guys, I'm curious does hottoy manufacture all the batmobile one shot all they spit into different batches? Because if it is then those not yet get their might have a better chance of getting a more perfect condition car? Since they by now should have heard our complaints

I received mine this morning. It looks great except for two scratches just after the canopy. It's not that visible but still bothering.

Got mine last night. One hairline scratch one on each side right after the canopy as well.

Has anyone tried mr clean magic eraser to try and remove the scuffs? The thing is a miracle worker on walls and such. Very curious if that could help.

Got mine last night. One hairline scratch one on each side right after the canopy as well.

Has anyone tried mr clean magic eraser to try and remove the scuffs? The thing is a miracle worker on walls and such. Very curious if that could help.

got the exact same defects and I second your question since it's out of question that I send back this thing considering this distance.

Sad to say I have scuffs on ONE side. Which makes me even more disappointed in this because the other side is completely scuff free so no idea how that's possible.

I would hate to return it but I can't over look the scuffs.
I'm going to contact Josh from AE and see what he says.

On another note, this is thing is extremely huge. Pictures do not do it any justice until you have in front of you. I didn't think it would be this big. Had trouble unboxing it in my living room.

9406716077_8c1c75cea1_c.jpg

For those who have recieved a slightly scuffed Batmobile and will be sending theirs back for another one, risk getting another which is possibly worse than the one they already recieved...:banghead

Sad to say I have scuffs on ONE side. Which makes me even more disappointed in this because the other side is completely scuff free so no idea how that's possible.

On another note, this is thing is extremely huge. Pictures do not do it any justice until you have in front of you. I didn't think it would be this big. Had trouble unboxing it in my living room.

Looks like you have 3 scuffs under the clear tape as well...

For those who have recieved a slightly scuffed Batmobile and will be sending theirs back for another one, risk getting another which is possibly worse than the one they already recieved...:banghead

This is why I will be one and done. If its scuffed/damaged, back it goes and I get a refund.

This is why I will be one and done. If its scuffed/damaged, back it goes and I get a refund.

I feel for you dude. Its almost like giving a kid a toy that they really want and then having to take it off them and send it back to the shop. It was probably best you never recieved it at all, now that you've seen it inhand it must make it that much harder to send back! :(

Looks like you have 3 scuffs under the clear tape as well...
There's only one scuff under the tape which is on the canopy itself.

What a let down this is. Have to go through the hassle of repacking this and bringing it over to the postal office when I return it. No idea if it will even fit in my car.

I feel for you dude. Its almost like giving a kid a toy that they really want and then having to take it off them and send it back to the shop. It was probably best you never recieved it at all, now that you've seen it inhand it must make it that much harder to send back! :(

I know. I do really want it but I was on the fence for a long time about it. I really just want it to be perfect for the price. I can live without it though if its anything less. Worse case scenario my bank acct has a lot more money in it than I planned on. :)

Ugh, sorry Hologram AI. I was really hoping those of us ordering from Alter Ego would get a good batch.

There's only one scuff under the tape which is on the canopy itself.

What a let down this is. Have to go through the hassle of repacking this and bringing it over to the postal office when I return it. No idea if it will even fit in my car.

Man I'm sorry to see this AI. I was hoping AE and BBTS would start getting good batches to send out. So are you going for another one or a refund?

Man I'm sorry to see this AI. I was hoping AE and BBTS would start getting good batches to send out. So are you going for another one or a refund?
No way in hell am I going to request for a exchange. It's sad that I feel slightly lucky to have scuffs on one side. :slap Not taking my chances on going through this hassle with another one if I exchange it.

I'm going to request for a full refund, no idea how I'm going to bring this over to the postal office though.

If Sideshow isn't willing to inspect these prior to shipping, and aren't willing to guarantee defect-free replacements, then what I'd love to see them do is test for a touch-up solution they can provide to their customers. I don't care if they have to get nail polish-sized bottles of Batmobile paint from Hot Toys to provide us each with - something should be done. And Sideshow's going to have enough returned stock that they can trial and error different things. Sharpie marker? Shoe shine? Matte black modeling paint? I've got to believe there's some touch-up that could be done to make these scuffs invisible under all but the most scrutinous of lighting, right?

Back