1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nini, chill man. People are angry. Whether or not they are handling their anger in the best way is besides the point. When you're pissed off, and I mean really really pissed off...the last thing you want to hear is anyone telling you it's a minor issue, or to calm down, or to in any other way...no matter how gentle or rational it may or may not be...challenge your anger or suggest you're making a mountain out of a molehill...even if they are genuinely trying to help.

I know when I'm mad, I don't want anyone to try to minimize or suggest my anger is illegitimate or unfounded in any way. Sympathize if you want but, just let me be angry.

Seriously, I don't mind people being upset about how their copy of the batmobile turned out. If I got my batmobile and found out it was in real bad shape you guys would definitely hear about it.

That is what happens when people keep attacking you. You cuss at them in retaliation and because of frustration. The ones who attacked me got the upper hand by bringing out the bad within me

Only if you have poor social skills.

Seriously, I don't mind people being upset about how their copy of the batmobile turned out. If I got my batmobile and found out it was in real bad shape you guys would definitely hear about it.

You did. Thats how this conversation is still rolling. You were patronising. Nothing to get worked up about.

Mine came from BBTS and the flyer and invoice were inside the box.

Damn.

Ain't no way Hot Toys has retail specific info to throw in there, let alone personalized invoices. What's crazier is, they're not even sent from BBTS (or AE, or CSC), they're sent directly from Sideshow's warehouse shipping facility.

So that means Sideshow is sent that information and given permission to cut open the boxes and put that stuff in there I'm guessing? That just seems strange. It just makes me fear my chances of getting an open/used return increases as each day goes by from ANY place I get the return/next one from. The chances of getting a used one will just increase each day we wait.

What was the point of putting that Hot Toys fresh, "Do Not accept if seal is broken" tape on the box if they can just be tampered with and broken/resealed anyway? Makes zero sense to me.

Mine came from BBTS and the flyer and invoice were inside the box.

I've gotten HT stuff from SS before that had stuff inside the brown shipper boxes. In the dx12 there was a calendar. I know regular figures don't have the green seal anymore, but on my batpod two-pack there was a green seal, and also, thanksgiving SS cards.
Makes me wonder if SS themselves have those green tapes.

After much debate think I'm going to throw the towel in sell my BatPod,black tumbler,camo tumbler and return the 89 to sideshow I just feel crappy at the response

I'm sorry to hear about damage on the batmobile, i would hate that as i'm waiting for CSC to receive their stock so i can inspect it when i pick it up. That being said, i'm sure your going for the arsenal but no need to sell everything just because of the batmobile damage. But, in the end your choice, it's still a beautiful display with or without 89' batmobile!

I know when I'm mad, I don't want anyone to try to minimize or suggest my anger is illegitimate or unfounded in any way. Sympathize if you want but, just let me be angry.

sometimes, this is how you grow and overcome your negative emotions. with the help of other peoples perspective. no one wants to be angry, its not pleasant. its like a wolf pack, when one wolf acts out, it is in the nature of the pack to disagree in order to promote health and survival. if people respond that way, maybe they care about you or in this case, the collective.

i understand people here are a bit bent about the situation and when i get mine tomorrow, i may be one of them. im trying real hard not to get angry over these things anymore. its just a waste of energy.

This batmobile is the first HT item I have that has had "official" HT tape.

Then to find out SS is the one sealing them up with this tape, is just another slap in the face.

sometimes, this is how you grow and overcome your negative emotions. with the help of other peoples perspective. no one wants to be angry, its not pleasant. its like a wolf pack, when one wolf acts out, it is in the nature of the pack to disagree in order to promote health and survival. if people respond that way, maybe they care about you or in this case, the collective.

i understand people here are a bit bent about the situation and when i get mine tomorrow, i may be one of them. im trying real hard not to get angry over these things anymore. its just a waste of energy.

Anger is a natural and even healthy response when you're upset. Dwelling on it too long may be bad, but nothing wrong with experiencing it and expressing it/ventiing. Processing.

Hey UT, havent seen you around (but I usually stick to the Burton Bat threads). How are you doing?

Yes, I ordered two of these mobiles. Recieved my flex pay one last week, but was told the one to be paid in full (ordered same day as flex) won't be shipped sometime in September.

I haven't opened this one yet, because I don't want to be let down with a bad one. Waited to long and been too excited and talked about this with my family everyday to the point of my wife and daughter just roll their eyes at me.

Also we had a son on May 9, his name is Ash.

Hey UT, havent seen you around (but I usually stick to the Burton Bat threads). How are you doing?

Yes, I ordered two of these mobiles. Recieved my flex pay one last week, but was told the one to be paid in full (ordered same day as flex) won't be shipped sometime in September.

I haven't opened this one yet, because I don't want to be let down with a bad one. Waited to long and been too excited and talked about this with my family everyday to the point of my wife and daughter just roll their eyes at me.

Also we had a son on May 9, his name is Ash.

Very cool!!! Yeah, I am mostly in the Star Wars areas. Congrats on your baby!!!
I;m doing good as well!

:thud: You are a stronger and more patient man than I! No way I could have this in my house and NOT open it! It was drive me crazy...

Congrats on the son! And good luck with your mobiles!

Sallah

Okay, was the flyer/invoice in a special packet taped on the side of the box or was that sucker INSIDE the actual shipper box?

BBTS flyer/invoice was INSIDE the brown shipper box. The brown shipper box was taped up with HT logo tape. I think mine was a return from someone and they shipped back out to me. Thats what im guessing. The canopy looks like it been open?? :dunno

attachment.php

Last edited:
I don't think the seller should be liable for it, if it's still a sealed one. These are the individual eBay seller we are talking bout right, not direct Ht distributor or SS?

Maybe just buy 10 or a dozen of these, inspect and open them and return the defective ones.

Yeah getting mad at the seller isn't going to fix it nor is disputing it with ebay or paypal. Really if the seller sells a new in box not opened but sealed item who's responsibility is it to fix any issues with an item that was sealed? Especially something like this? I mean when I sold a bunch of star wars busts some of them were sealed. I never opened them. When one of them was opened by the buyer there was damage done to one of the parts which you couldn't see in the window. Well the item was long sold out so really what could I have done? Luckily gentle giant was able to take care of the person who bought it from me, but what if they wouldn't? Would that be my fault even though it was sealed?

Same with these batmobiles. I mean this was Hot Toys F up, and now SS, etailers and now sellers are having to put up with this BS. I hope that anyone who gets a scuffed batmobile from ebay sellers get it worked out but blaming the seller and having to expect them to handle return shipping and all that is a bit of stretch. I still cannot believe that SS is handling this like this, as well as Hot Toys not saying anything on the matter. I know SS has burned many before with the iron man 2,000 plus statues and all but it really shouldn't be like this for any of these things.

Yeah getting mad at the seller isn't going to fix it nor is disputing it with ebay or paypal. Really if the seller sells a new in box not opened but sealed item who's responsibility is it to fix any issues with an item that was sealed? Especially something like this? I mean when I sold a bunch of star wars busts some of them were sealed. I never opened them. When one of them was opened by the buyer there was damage done to one of the parts which you couldn't see in the window. Well the item was long sold out so really what could I have done? Luckily gentle giant was able to take care of the person who bought it from me, but what if they wouldn't? Would that be my fault even though it was sealed?

Same with these batmobiles. I mean this was Hot Toys F up, and now SS, etailers and now sellers are having to put up with this BS. I hope that anyone who gets a scuffed batmobile from ebay sellers get it worked out but blaming the seller and having to expect them to handle return shipping and all that is a bit of stretch. I still cannot believe that SS is handling this like this, as well as Hot Toys not saying anything on the matter. I know SS has burned many before with the iron man 2,000 plus statues and all but it really shouldn't be like this for any of these things.
No one is blaming the eBay Seller..

If you got a Batmobile from a eBay seller that was scuffed, you're telling me you would email Hot Toys and wait for them to respond and help you? :sleep Hot Toys has ZERO communication with their fans, it's been like that since forever, no one is blaming anyone besides Hot Toys but unfortunately for us we need to rely on retailers to fix the problem since Hot Toys doesn't do anything about it directly.

No one is blaming the eBay Seller..

If you got a Batmobile from a eBay seller that was scuffed, you're telling me you would email Hot Toys and wait for them to respond and help you? :sleep Hot Toys has ZERO communication with their fans, it's been like that since forever, no one is blaming anyone besides Hot Toys but unfortunately for us we need to rely on retailers to fix the problem since Hot Toys doesn't do anything about it directly.

the thing about buying stuff off ebay is that you take a chance that the item coming to you damaged. Thats what happened to me once then I never use ebay anymore.

Right, not saying it's the sellers fault but what if they do not want to deal with sideshow and all that? I mean what a pain for them. Not saying it should be the buyer either but really what is one to do? I mean it's a real cluster. Like was said previously, buying things off ebay, especially sealed is a gamble. I love cigars, and one of the reasons why I do not keep sealed boxes in my humi is because I have seen people open sealed boxes only to discover mold or beetle destruction even if their humi was perfectly set, it was just sent that way. I always like to inspect everything.

Back