1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yess::yess: mine arrived perfect not a single scratch! The box was perfect no dings. All lights worked and the shields are good some dings in the film, but it's perfect! 10/10

All these scratches are killing my soul! :crying

WTH, this is an eff up of galactic proportions. I can't believe this garbage!

Robin, get the batscratch repellant!

Its ridiculous that at this point they still don't know how to package large items like this to avoid damage.

They better get their act together before they release a BTTF DeLorean.
Here it is now, the 1:6 scale Hot Toys DeLorean! Don't fret though, Sideshow will give you a $15 credit toward your next purchase!

attachment.php

Nope. They actually warned me about ordering another one because they said there's a very good chance it will have similar defects. In other words, they aren't doing anything to fix the issues and neither is Hot Toys. Your options are a partial credit/refund or return for full refund. You get what you get and that's all they are going to make. I am plenty pissed.

Has anyone challenged them with the pristine close up inspection photos? since Sideshow says they all come with defects.

Has anyone challenged them with the pristine close up inspection photos? since Sideshow says they all come with defects.

They are just trying to discourage people with returns from ordering more by warning them that, most likely, you will receive another one with similar or worse defects. The days of Sideshow bending over backwards for their customers are pretty much over. I guess that's what happens when you're the ONLY game in town. Unfortunately since EVERYBODY gets theirs directly from Sideshow, it's going to be a crapshoot no matter WHERE you order it from. I guess I'll just order from someplace else and if it's damaged, return it and then order from someplace else and then someplace else, etc. I waited 24 years for this. I'm not just going to accept damaged goods, suck it up, and be grateful with anything less than a mint Batmobile. That's a pretty horrible way of doing business when you tell your customers to just be satisfied with what you got or return it if you don't like it as-is.

:yess::yess: mine arrived perfect not a single scratch! The box was perfect no dings. All lights worked and the shields are good some dings in the film, but it's perfect! 10/10

Congrats on getting a good one. I can only hope my luck is as good as yours. :pray:

I was only waiting 2 years for it. You were waiting for a 1/6 scale Batmobile 22 years before it was announced?

I have been waiting to get my hands on the most impressive replica of this since June 23, 1989.

They are just trying to discourage people with returns from ordering more by warning them that, most likely, you will receive another one with similar or worse defects. The days of Sideshow bending over backwards for their customers are pretty much over. I guess that's what happens when you're the ONLY game in town. Unfortunately since EVERYBODY gets theirs directly from Sideshow, it's going to be a crapshoot no matter WHERE you order it from. I guess I'll just order from someplace else and if it's damaged, return it and then order from someplace else and then someplace else, etc. I waited 24 years for this. I'm not just going to accept damaged goods, suck it up, and be grateful with anything less than a mint Batmobile. That's a pretty horrible way of doing business when you tell your customers to just be satisfied with what you got or return it if you don't like it as-is.

Especially on something like this. I know I am really stressing over this as I think I'll be getting it when BBTS gets their next shipment. For this price point we shouldn't have to deal with this at all. Sure sometimes something is wrong but at this level and the way SS is acting is truly a big deal for me. I'd like to say that this would hamper me from buying from SS again, as personally I think this is BS. To the point of reporting them to the better business bureau.

Especially on something like this. I know I am really stressing over this as I think I'll be getting it when BBTS gets their next shipment. For this price point we shouldn't have to deal with this at all. Sure sometimes something is wrong but at this level and the way SS is acting is truly a big deal for me. I'd like to say that this would hamper me from buying from SS again, as personally I think this is BS. To the point of reporting them to the better business bureau.

Unfortunately the BBB does absolutely NOTHING. I filed a dispute with them when Mattel (i.e. Scott Neitlich) flat out LIED to customers who pre-ordered the Hoverboard and received a shoddy product substantially different than was advertised. Their response to the BBB dispute was" "If the customer is not happy with our product, they can return it." The BBB closed the case. All it is is a database for disgruntled consumers and nothing more.

This is BULLS**T!!!!!!

Hello Charles,

Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided. Unfortunately, due to limited nature of this piece, we found we do not have any replacements for this item. We apologize for the inconvenience and for any disappointment this may cause you. Please review the options below to see how we will be able to best assist you in this matter.

If you would like to keep your 1989 Batmobile as is, we can offer you a $75.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store.

Another option, instead of the Sideshow Collectibles credit, we can offer you a $65.00 refund directly back to the credit card on file used to pay for the item. Please note however, if you accept the Sideshow Collectibles credit or partial refund, the case will be closed and you will not be eligible for a further refund or an exchange on this item.

If neither of these options is satisfactory, you may decide to return your damaged item for an exchange or a full refund. In a separate email you will be sent an RMA number for your return, along with instructions and a pre-paid shipping label. Once the item is received into our warehouse, we would begin processing your exchange or refund.

Please let us know what you would like to do. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

Thank You,

Back