1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:slap :lol :ohbfrank: :lecture

They even lowered the credit/refund amount they're giving to us. They offered $80 in credit, now they lowered it to $75.

Next thing you know they won't be accepting any returns at all.

Okay guys here is the official stance by SSC. Now this was particular towards my order so maybe others may get a slight different response but I think the options listed here is what you will likely get.

:dunno

Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided. Unfortunately, due to limited nature of this piece, we found we do not have any replacements for this item. We apologize for the inconvenience and for any disappointment this may cause you. Please review the options below to see how we will be able to best assist you in this matter.

If you would like to keep your 1989 Batmobile as is, we can offer you an $80.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store.

Another option, instead of the Sideshow Collectibles credit, we can offer you a $70.00 refund directly back to the credit card on file used to pay for the item. Please note however, if you accept the Sideshow Collectibles credit or partial refund, the case will be closed and you will not be eligible for a further refund or an exchange on this item.

If neither of these options is satisfactory, you may decide to return your damaged item for an exchange or a full refund. In a separate email you will be sent an RMA number for your return, along with instructions and a pre-paid shipping label. Once the item is received into our warehouse, we would begin processing your exchange or refund.

Please let us know what you would like to do. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

diehard-party.gif

:rotfl:rotfl I needed that!!!!

This is BULLS**T!!!!!!

Hello Charles,

Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided. Unfortunately, due to limited nature of this piece, we found we do not have any replacements for this item. We apologize for the inconvenience and for any disappointment this may cause you. Please review the options below to see how we will be able to best assist you in this matter.

If you would like to keep your 1989 Batmobile as is, we can offer you a $75.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store.

Another option, instead of the Sideshow Collectibles credit, we can offer you a $65.00 refund directly back to the credit card on file used to pay for the item. Please note however, if you accept the Sideshow Collectibles credit or partial refund, the case will be closed and you will not be eligible for a further refund or an exchange on this item.

If neither of these options is satisfactory, you may decide to return your damaged item for an exchange or a full refund. In a separate email you will be sent an RMA number for your return, along with instructions and a pre-paid shipping label. Once the item is received into our warehouse, we would begin processing your exchange or refund.

Please let us know what you would like to do. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

Thank You,

As that has been the response most of us have been getting, what were you expecting if I may ask?
Not trolling on you or anything bro, mine is also damaged and in planning ion sending it back and buy another one, as they are OFFERING that option.
It REALLY is not SS's fault as much as it is HT's.
return it, and get another one.

can you just return for full refund and buy another from them? I think SS is doing the best they can do for us. What else can they do???

If mine ends up being damaged, I'm going to suck it up. It's only sort of hot toy's fault. After all, some of the batmobiles that people received ended up being in tip top condition.

Here it is now, the 1:6 scale Hot Toys DeLorean! Don't fret though, Sideshow will give you a $15 credit toward your next purchase!

attachment.php

Whew, looks like Doc & Marty are already checking it out in 2015 for us...

mine.gif

They had to include the *otha***king tarp! :cuss

As that has been the response most of us have been getting, what were you expecting if I may ask?
Not trolling on you or anything bro, mine is also damaged and in planning ion sending it back and buy another one, as they are OFFERING that option.
It REALLY is not SS's fault as much as it is HT's.
return it, and get another one.

I expect a replacement or more of an incentive to keep it then 75.00 off a $$$600plus purchase they offered me 75.00??? It'll cost them more to ship it back

Yeah, that partial refund is bogus. I love how it's been lowered $10 dollars for each option to since the first email response that someone received.

That doesn't even cover the shipping. :lol

About the condition of some of the batmobiles with a qc issue, I understand why people are upset but don't think the issue is large and severe enough to get very upset over. I think the wheels should have been plastic instead of rubber, I don't want to see a very attractive batmobile with crappy rubber wheels.

The BBB only settles disputes. If you are offered a full refund, they consider the dispute settled.

At that point, you are made whole. There is nothing saying you have to have the item and nothing holding the company in question to provide you with a product that meets your standards/expectations. Besides, most companies have legal protection by saying the product may differ from the description.

As for the SSCs CS, this all played out the same way with the Samurai Predator. That was about half the cost of this car and most of the zenomorph heads on the base came partially painted. SSCs only offered a full refund because Hot Toys said they meant to do it that way even though there was plenty of evidence to the contrary as guys were getting a select few that had the head fully painted. I believe HTs eventually said the paint variation was an intended result with some heads fully painted purple, some red and some kinda brown. This was the case with CSC, BBTS, SSCs & others stock.

Just don't expect any red carpet from HTs or SSCs when it comes to these high end items.

Not saying what they are doing is ok. Just saying they could have a sh|tier position on it. They could say, "We meant to do that!"

About the condition of some of the batmobiles with a qc issue, I understand why people are upset but don't think the issue is large and severe enough to get very upset over.

Oh look, another plant. :lol

Yeah, that partial refund is bogus. I love how it's been lowered $10 dollars for each option to since the first email response that someone received.

That doesn't even cover the shipping. :lol

I don't think the partial credit is too bad if you put it to use on hot toys figures that are fairly cheap compared to others on the sideshow toys website.

I expect a replacement or more of an incentive to keep it then 75.00 off a $$$600plus purchase they offered me 75.00??? It'll cost them more to ship it back

Exactly. So ship it back, get a FULL refund, buy another one until you get one that doesn't have any issues. This was my idea until I called them a minute ago regarding my $500+ worth of reward points I used on this thing. I will loose them if I go that route.
I'm beyond pissed, but those are the rules on the reward points page. Now I know better.
What I'm saying is, the only thing that you can loose outbid this is that they finally run out of Batmobiles to fulfill any more orders. But if you wanted to really screw SS in some way, I'm sure that shipping that they are paying back and forth is somehow covered by some sort of insurance in place.
They are really not losing, we are. I wanted a 1989 batmobile for the longest time, now I have no option but to keep this one and that credit.

And yes, what the hell happened to the original $80 credit and $70 actual money back???!!!

Last edited:
Nini
Duck and cover.
Seriously is there any way to polish out or apply

something to remove the scratches???????

I wonder if the people who got a batmobile that was qc issue free are going to deceive sideshow by telling them their batmobiles are damaged as well.

They are just trying to discourage people with returns from ordering more by warning them that, most likely, you will receive another one with similar or worse defects. The days of Sideshow bending over backwards for their customers are pretty much over. I guess that's what happens when you're the ONLY game in town. Unfortunately since EVERYBODY gets theirs directly from Sideshow, it's going to be a crapshoot no matter WHERE you order it from. I guess I'll just order from someplace else and if it's damaged, return it and then order from someplace else and then someplace else, etc. I waited 24 years for this. I'm not just going to accept damaged goods, suck it up, and be grateful with anything less than a mint Batmobile. That's a pretty horrible way of doing business when you tell your customers to just be satisfied with what you got or return it if you don't like it as-is.

But it's ok. Nini said so. None of you should be very upset spending large amounts on money on this.

About the condition of some of the batmobiles with a qc issue, I understand why people are upset but don't think the issue is large and severe enough to get very upset over. I think the wheels should have been plastic instead of rubber, I don't want to see a very attractive batmobile with crappy rubber wheels.

I laughed. Seriously. The wheels are plastic but with a rubber sleeve tread. Rubber is what gives the lovely distinct look.

Back