1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it had HT's tape intact.

I'm curious now. How did BBTS get their inserts inside a sealed HT shipper box? Either Hot Toys has a deal with BBTS to slip their inserts in before sealing...or the much more likely scenario...these DON'T arrive to the distributors and vendors sealed with the official HT tape, and even if they do, the sellers have rolls of that official HT tape to re-seal it after they open them.

If that's the case, how would anyone who reordered know if they got an unopened one or one that was simply repackaged and resealed with the HT tape? :dunno

Only way to tell is if there are double tape or ripped cardboard from trying to clean up the first tape.
I'm ordering from bbts so unlike SS, they will let me reorder more than once or twice till they tell me to bug off.

Guys I have been working on A full size version of this thing for 10 years and I guess the blemishes dont bother me that much because I have had so many issues and learned how to glass and bondo glass and weld and God the list goes on. Dont get me wrong for the hot toy blems
I would like to know more about how to fix them because anyone that comes to my house wants to touch this car and hey thats really part of the fun of having a toy this big and everyone has to pull up machine guns and disc doors that open I want to know how to fix this stuff for any future blems or problems I will have.
Geil I love your display. Does everyone have to use the URL link thingy to post pics ?

Last edited:
I got my 1989 two weeks ago and I could care less if it had a smudge or light scratch this thing is amazing and I cant imagine sending this back this toy was way more inexpesive than toynami and I think they did an oustanding job . I think that both Hot Toys and their distributors had to deal with a lot to get this to everyone and to be upset over a smudge or slight scratch or glue on a window on an item that is almost 4 foot long and 50 pounds. I think that is nieve and petty.

I'm pleased you are happy with smudges and scratches after paying that much money. I'm not happy as my scratches are very bad which you can see from the photos I posted. It is not petty considering this thing cost me £450 plus postage and customs. When you want top display an item like this it should be perfect

Mine will be here tomorrow & I'm expecting the worst while hoping for the best. If it has noticeable scratches it's going right back for a full refund & I'll never buy another vehicle from HT again.

Also if that's the case, I plan to put a note inside, discreetly placed so the returns dept hopefully wont find it, stating the following:

"PLEASE BE AWARE THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY OWNED AND RETURNED AS IT WAS DAMAGED ON ARRIVAL. IF YOU GOT THIS NOTE THEN SIDESHOW HAS KNOWINGLY AND WILLINGLY SOLD YOU A DAMAGED AND RETURNED ITEM AS BRAND NEW."

As consumers we have to look out for each other. I highly recommend that fellow freaks do the same.

I'm pleased you are happy with smudges and scratches after paying that much money. I'm not happy as my scratches are very bad which you can see from the photos I posted. It is not petty considering this thing cost me £450 plus postage and customs. When you want top display an item like this it should be perfect

Absolutely agree Michael...my 2 marks are not majorly noticeable but I'm still gonna fight my corner with sideshow until I am satisfied with the outcome. Until then, I'm trying hard to enjoy my beautiful Batmobile...after the money we paid this piece should be perfect!!!

a8ujydar.jpg

I got my 1989 two weeks ago and I could care less if it had a smudge or light scratch this thing is amazing and I cant imagine sending this back this toy was way more inexpesive than toynami and I think they did an oustanding job . I think that both Hot Toys and their distributors had to deal with a lot to get this to everyone and to be upset over a smudge or slight scratch or glue on a window on an item that is almost 4 foot long and 50 pounds. I think that is nieve and petty.

Listen folks, you are getting this all wrong, as nitro clearly does not mind shoddily finished, irreparably damaged, possibly second-hand-returned goods that he has paid a small fortune for. So just let him be!

If he wants to accept sub-standard fare that's just fine, leave him at it and the rest of us will demand a much higher standard for our figures/vehicles. I mean, if it were a $5 figure with a defect, you'd go to TRU for a replacement and go through the lot on display and select the best one one can find. Not quite so easy if the origin point is China and they cost $500 a pop. But, the plus side is that if anyone has any half eaten burgers, empty ketchup bottles, jigsaw puzzles that have pieces missing or any bumper-sized packets of potato chips that have gone soft....nitro would probably buy them quite happily.

I am writing this as a prophetic vision, because I see this all happening again when the '66 Batmobile comes out and I shall be buying it, I have all of this to come...all those points and sharp edges :panic: :horror !

Listen folks, you are getting this all wrong, as nitro clearly does not mind shoddily finished, irreparably damaged, possibly second-hand-returned goods that he has paid a small fortune for. So just let him be!

If he wants to accept sub-standard fare that's just fine, leave him at it and the rest of us will demand a much higher standard for our figures/vehicles. I mean, if it were a $5 figure with a defect, you'd go to TRU for a replacement and go through the lot on display and select the best one one can find. Not quite so easy if the origin point is China and they cost $500 a pop. But, the plus side is that if anyone has any half eaten burgers, empty ketchup bottles, jigsaw puzzles that have pieces missing or any bumper-sized packets of potato chips that have gone soft....nitro would probably buy them quite happily.

I am writing this as a prophetic vision, because I see this all happening again when the '66 Batmobile comes out and I shall be buying it, I have all of this to come...all those points and sharp edges :panic: :horror !

It's cool if he is happy with it. But doens't mean the rest of us are petty and nieve if we aren't happy

Guys I have been working on A full size version of this thing for 10 years and I guess the blemishes dont bother me that much because I have had so many issues and learned how to glass and bondo glass and weld and God the list goes on. Dont get me wrong for the hot toy blems
I would like to know more about how to fix them because anyone that comes to my house wants to touch this car and hey thats really part of the fun of having a toy this big and everyone has to pull up machine guns and disc doors that open I want to know how to fix this stuff for any future blems or problems I will have.
Geil I love your display. Does everyone have to use the URL link thingy to post pics ?

You're Nitro from Chicks Love the Car, right? I'm "Earl Cooper" (reference to the BTAS Batmobile fictional designer/engineer) on there. I hardly ever post, but I did start the original Hot Toy's Batmobile 1989thread there.

Welcome to SSF! As you can see, we disagree with each other a lot here.

Just got a response from BBTS regarding stock. They have no clue when the next batch is coming in. Sometime in August maybe. :slap

I'm picking up mine soon so I just need a few things clarified to make sure I do it correctly.
1) Upon unboxing, the only way to remove the shield is to unscrew it from the bottom of the batmobile, just like the video from hot toys showed?
2) There were suggestions that the scratches came from the shield?
3) To those who have scratches on their batmobile, did you guys put the whole thing upside down when removing the shield? exactly as the video did?

I am hoping that when I come in to inspect the piece on delivery, I will try to remove the shield from the bottom and not put it upside down to decrease the chances that I could cause those scratches if the foams are not in place properly. What do you guys think?

Well mines on the truck out for delivery.....could be a great day! Or a very depressing one. I'm kinda terrified to even open the box lol.

I'm picking up mine soon so I just need a few things clarified to make sure I do it correctly.
1) Upon unboxing, the only way to remove the shield is to unscrew it from the bottom of the batmobile, just like the video from hot toys showed?
3) To those who have scratches on their batmobile, did you guys put the whole thing upside down when removing the shield? exactly as the video did?

I am hoping that when I come in to inspect the piece on delivery, I will try to remove the shield from the bottom and not put it upside down to decrease the chances that I could cause those scratches if the foams are not in place properly. What do you guys think?
I would say from the video it uses the shield as a support to unscrew the screw that help in holding the batmobile to the card board with some clip, the shield is not secure to the batmobile and card board am I right?

The shield is not screwed down, just the car is. I would remove the shield and then just lift the car and base out to undo the screws. I wouldn't turn it upside down. I took the shield off, lifted the bottom up to a slight angle and took the screws out. Just be sure not to let the thing tip over when doing it. If you do flip it upside down, I would take the shield off, check for the damages first, and if no scratches etc are there, put a soft t-shirt or pillowcase or something over the batmobile to protect it before putting the shield back on and turning it upside down. Cause the scratches are comng from the shield.

Batmobile17.jpg

Back