1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Well the proportions of this are completely bizarre next to the DX Keaton figure. The wheels are huge, it's waay too high and short.
The paintwork is disappointingly not metallic at all. Just slightly sheened black plastic. Overall, pretty cheap looking. But I still love it.

As for the shields? Absolute garbage, it's just a cheap protective layer for the box. It is rubber coated, which rubs off, mine was still quite scuffed, and the box is massive, way bigger than it needs to be.

Sounds like I hate it? Nope. Still think it's awesome. Amazing to see this classic and iconic vehicle in this scale. The interior is beautiful, the chromed sections look fantastic, the sliding cockpit door is beautifull engineered. The lights are waay nicer than I had picked up previously.
Pics? Please? :)

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Still 6 days away from my final flex payment... This is what my dreams look like:

Sallah

Still 6 days away from my final flex payment... This is what my dreams look like:

Sallah

Clicking on the picture took me back... I had those batman figures, and I remember wanting the kenner batmobile. Instead I got the ToyBiz convertible one.... disappointed child I was. Oh well that didnt stop me from drawing the 89 batmobile on the side of large cardboard boxes with a sharpie and sitting in them pretending.

Still waiting on BBTS. I have a feeling it will be next week.

Sallah

God I love the old Kenner artwork! Great stuff! :rock

Clicking on the picture took me back... I had those batman figures, and I remember wanting the kenner batmobile. Instead I got the ToyBiz convertible one.... disappointed child I was. Oh well that didnt stop me from drawing the 89 batmobile on the side of large cardboard boxes with a sharpie and sitting in them pretending.

I too was stuck with the Toy Biz version when I was a kid, so I feel your pain. :lol

I wanted this one so bad....

The only advantages of the Toy Biz was that it had the shields and it was a 2-seater... which was great when the Batman Returns Robin hit.

Sallah

God I love the old Kenner artwork! Great stuff! :rock

Yeah, that stuff ROCKS. It is truly a lost art...

Sallah

I too was stuck with the Toy Biz version when I was a kid, so I feel your pain. :lol

I wanted this one so bad....

The only advantages of the Toy Biz was that it had the shields and it was a 2-seater... which was great when the Batman Returns Robin hit.

Sallah
I had that batmobile it was my favorite toy growing up! I loved that thing....makes me sad thinking about not having it anymore

But now I have a couple days left until te hot toys version arrives! So I think I will be ok

Two more days, the wait has been so long

But now I have a couple days left until te hot toys version arrives! So I think I will be ok

:lol Since my last flex is the 25th, I probably have 2 weeks. I am just going to squint at my Kenner ones from far away until then and pretend I already have it.

Sallah

:lol Since my last flex is the 25th, I probably have 2 weeks. I am just going to squint at my Kenner ones from far away until then and pretend I already have it.

Sallah

:rotfl:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

My last flex is tomorrow! But it probably won't ship until Monday and will probably have it in hand Friday?

I'm trying to convince my wife to get this for me for Christmas.

I told her she can do a payment plan and have the last payment be on Dec. 5th!

(I'm also hoping that if she gets it for me, I'll be in the clear when she realizes how big the box is :wink1:)

After months of debating with myself, I think I'm finally gonna pull the trigger and order this. The $500+ I have in Sideshow points should make this easier to swallow.

My only gripe with this piece is the wheels. They just don't look good in silver IMHO. I'll probably go ahead and paint them black when I receive mind as I ink it hp just makes the car look much sleeker overall with black wheels instead of silver. Anyone else planning on modifying theirs?

My only gripe with this piece is the wheels. They just don't look good in silver IMHO. I'll probably go ahead and paint them black when I receive mind as I ink it hp just makes the car look much sleeker overall with black wheels instead of silver. Anyone else planning on modifying theirs?
No. There's no way in hell I would modify a $600 collectible.

BBTS must be getting close to shipping. Just got this from them on the wheels:

Holy Unexpected Bat Brakes!

Thank you for your order of the HOT10386 Hot Toys 1:6 scale1989 Batmobile (Sideshow item 901393). It is sure to be a great addition to your collection.

We must advise you that in order to prevent the item from rolling back and forth during transit to you Hot Toys inserted a red rod, or manual brake, into the inside wheel wells on the front and back tires. Please see the photo below for reference.

These brake rods are not a working part of your item and should be removed BEFORE attempting to move or roll your Batmobile. Failure to remove these rods may result in damage to your item.

Enjoy!
BigBadToyStore.com

Back