1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I got these bonus free frisbees with mine!

Hulk smash puny car...

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

And Keaton batman. Hulk huge.

I was just charged $92 for shipping from AE. Is that what everyone else is paying from AE for shipping?

I was just charged $92 for shipping from AE. Is that what everyone else is paying from AE for shipping?

Saw they were going to charge me $22.... I knew I had a better chance sleeping with scarlett johansson than shipping being that cheap!

Don't know if this was covered, but can the front wheels of the Batmobile turn and does the steering work?

Thanks everyone! The table is the Granas from ikea which is discontinued now. I got mine off kijiji. Here is the thread on the board.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91065

The vittsjo would work too.

Just got back from Ikea. Bought the Vittsjo table. It's too short. 35 1/2". The Batmobile is 39 1/2" long. Apparently the discontinued Granas is bigger.

Just got back from Ikea. Bought the Vittsjo table. It's too short. 35 1/2". The Batmobile is 39 1/2" long. Apparently the discontinued Granas is bigger.

I didn't realize it was that much smaller. the conversion works the same but i didn't even think about size. i hope you can find a Granas locally used.

At my LCS, they had to change the person who handles all their Sideshow orders so I had to go in and reconfirm all my POs with them.

When I asked about the Batmobile yesterday, they confirmed that they've got one on order, my name's on it.... and that I should probably expect to see it show up in their next Sideshow delivery

Now I've just gotta find the money. Oh, God..... :gah:

Besides the length of the Vittsjo, isn't the width a problem too? I was looking at one of the long ones but Ikea has the width listed at only 15 3/4".

Here's a bunch of pics THIS IS HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!!!!!
Until you get this you wont realize its awesome size and beauty...
I LOVE , LOVE, LOVE IT!!! Worth every penny.

Gorgeous, love all the blacks and those beefy tyres.

:hi5:

I have heard a few people talking about how to display this, having it in hand I can certainly say putting it profile on display doesn't do it justice at all. It needs to be 3/4 half rotated, then it looks the biz. The actual Batmobile isn't as much a space sucker as I thought. I have it next to teh Tumbler at the moment and it doesn't look crazy big. The shield however is a huge pain in the ***. I don't know what to do with it !! And it's massive.

Just finished modifying two metal and glass shelves into one. Now i need get a bigger piece of glass made, light it and it should make a nice display.

I'll post some pics when it's done.

My dining table is like 38 inches and just not big enough.:gah: I Need to get a coffee table for this thing. I have a small apartment and the box ate my living room. I'm thinking may hang my bat shield on the wall maybe or put back in box. A small child or dog could hide in the shield.:lol

My dining table is like 38 inches and just not big enough.:gah: I Need to get a coffee table for this thing. I have a small apartment and the box ate my living room. I'm thinking may hang my bat shield on the wall maybe or put back in box. A small child or dog could hide in the shield.:lol

The shield is a ****ing pain in the ***. One of those things you don't really want or have space for, but is far too cool to get rid off. And I still think the box was crazy big, much bigger than it needed to be.

Still in awe of the pure size and beauty...Congrats to all this is xmas morning your b-day all in one a amazing batmoobile....

Yep Rory not sure what to do with the shield ........:panic::lol
For those buying more then one you better get a storage locker. I wish the bat disc's were magentic. Also keeping my wheel locks in she rolls great. STILL cant believe its here.:yess:

For me the shield will stay out for photos and then it'll be going in the box in storage; it's a neat extra but not how I'd ever display the car.

Back