1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I thought you ordered from Sideshow, Rorywan. Aren't you in the U.S.?

I live in Ireland and US. In Ireland at the moment.

It's here.. It's here... It's here.... (Singing gayly)...
Honestly this is the closest to recapturing that childhood Christmas feeling. Who would have thought it would take something so small and cheap... :lol

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Last flex pay on 20th......funds just deposited in the bank...now...we wait:gah:

Danny Elfman soundtrack on full whack.. screwdriver ready...
:lol

Danny Elfman soundtrack on full whack.. screwdriver ready...
:lol

A screwdriver? Grab a pint instead. That's kinda a girly drink to enjoy while opening such a masterpiece. :lol

Guys, first 1/6 89 Batmobile to hit the UK!!! Mine is here! However, i am not...cos i'm at work! :gah:

Will load some pics up and add my thoughts of it this evening. I dont know why, especially after all the negative comments, but i'm still so darn excited about seeing the armoured shield in the flesh! :rock

Guys, first 1/6 89 Batmobile to hit the UK!!! Mine is here! However, i am not...cos i'm at work! :gah:

Will load some pics up and add my thoughts of it this evening. I dont know why, especially after all the negative comments, but i'm still so darn excited about seeing the armoured shield in the flesh! :rock

Congrats! Consider the film was actually shot in the UK, it is even more meaningful. It's almost like a homecoming! Congrats!

Why does the Batmobile need a speedometer.

Does Batman really worry about a speed trap. :lol

Well the proportions of this are completely bizarre next to the DX Keaton figure. The wheels are huge, it's waay too high and short.
The paintwork is disappointingly not metallic at all. Just slightly sheened black plastic. Overall, pretty cheap looking. But I still love it.

As for the shields? Absolute garbage, it's just a cheap protective layer for the box. It is rubber coated, which rubs off, mine was still quite scuffed, and the box is massive, way bigger than it needs to be.

Sounds like I hate it? Nope. Still think it's awesome. Amazing to see this classic and iconic vehicle in this scale. The interior is beautiful, the chromed sections look fantastic, the sliding cockpit door is beautifull engineered. The lights are waay nicer than I had picked up previously.

Last edited:

I actually think the shield was much better than I thought it would be, much sturdier and looks great once the protective plastic has been peeled off.

Things I don't like - all the flaps hold on terribly. The magnets don't seem to work at all, or at least aren't strong enough.

Other than that its bloody brilliant

I actually think the shield was much better than I thought it would be, much sturdier and looks great once the protective plastic has been peeled off.

Things I don't like - all the flaps hold on terribly. The magnets don't seem to work at all, or at least aren't strong enough.

Magnets seem fine on mine, one of the shield wheel caps was off entirely, but easy fix. I was ****ing terrified taking the shield off that it would be scuffed underneath!

Got mine here in the UK about an hour ago. Can't stop looking at it, it's even better in the flesh so to speak
View attachment 64270View attachment 64271

Hey! A fellow brit! Congrats pal, mine came today and even went home to snap pictures of the box to post up on here...now thats dedication! :rotfl

Congrats! Consider the film was actually shot in the UK, it is even more meaningful. It's almost like a homecoming! Congrats!

Thanks Cap! Guess your right, never really thought of that :hi5:

So got home and my first impressions is pretty similar to those who have already recieved their one...it was like someone had delivered a fridge!!! It's bloody huge!

Only had an hour so took a quick teaser pic of part of my upcoming Batcave diorama which I'll encorporate with my Batman DX09 diorama which you can see in the background and placed it ontop of the Batmobile box...still a while to go yet till completion but with the Batmobile inhand now it should be a lot easier...

P.S Elmo is proper chuffed!

eguqa6yv.jpg

And one last thing guys, before I left the room I had to do a double take. There on the ground was our new Mamas and Papas double buggy and I couldn't stop thinking to myself that it looks very much like a Tumbler!!! :lol

gebahavu.jpg

Your Batcave looks fantastic, Roberto! :clap

I agree. I was put off by the shield at first, but the more I look at it, it does exactly what it needs to do. Sure, it could have been made from a harder plastic but it would still look exactly the same in the end. It serves its purpose.

And the magnets are useless. Can't wait to see what mods will be done to this. I definitely want to give the grappling hook a cable.

Well the proportions of this are completely bizarre next to the DX Keaton figure. The wheels are huge, it's waay too high and short.
The paintwork is disappointingly not metallic at all. Just slightly sheened black plastic. Overall, pretty cheap looking. But I still love it.

As for the shields? Absolute garbage, it's just a cheap protective layer for the box. It is rubber coated, which rubs off, mine was still quite scuffed, and the box is massive, way bigger than it needs to be.

Sounds like I hate it? Nope. Still think it's awesome. Amazing to see this classic and iconic vehicle in this scale. The interior is beautiful, the chromed sections look fantastic, the sliding cockpit door is beautifull engineered. The lights are waay nicer than I had picked up previously.

That's one of the most honest and objective first impressions of a new toy I've seen on the forums.

Your Batcave looks fantastic, Roberto! :clap

Thanks so much kl241 :hi5: the fun has only just begun! Wait until i have encorporated both the Batman and Batmobile dioramas together!!! :clap

OH MAN! That looks fantastic! Great engineering work. Doesn't look $700 to me though.

Just messin' Roberto :lol congrats for getting this early and I can't wait to see your dio complete!

:rotfl:rotfl nice one Heubert! And thanks, i hope to have it completed within the next two weeks for sure! :hi5:

Back