1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Couple teasers on my 89 Batcave. I still have 2-3 weeks before I get the car. :( But the cave is progressing well and the rotating platform is in place, hopefully can get the cave completed by delivery day.

97ccabb8-c392-4d82-8bbd-ba1a8fe47c3d_zpsbf8fb661.jpg

26270f07-1492-42a5-b8eb-1b8e26651ed3_zpsb6bb023b.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

This is gonna be good. Can't wait to see this monster display you got cookin.

Opening the thing is a workout in and of itself, and I just took off the cocoon to see the beauty underneath. It doesn't hurt that the 89 Batmobile has always been my favorite, but I frickin love this thing! I have to wait until the weekend to take it out and put it together; can't wait to see it lit up.

The protective film on my cocoon was pretty beat up in a bunch of different places, but I don't think there were any scratches. Thankfully Batmobile itself looks like it made the journey safely and the art box is in great condition. Hope everyone's is pristine when they arrive.

The under the table display is a really good idea. It's a nice, practical way to enjoy the piece and conserve space, I'd say. Great job, cadaver.

Can't wait till Friday.......:impatient: Best Batmobile Ever!.....now all I need is a Batwing.....:pray:

Those latest pics are fantastic, cadaver. :cool:

I would feel funny calling someone cadaver. :lol

Hey, nice table dead dude.

My horror punk band was called the Conniving Cadavers and I got the nickname "Scotty Cadaver" so I'm quite use to being called a dead guy. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Not a Dexter/WD fan are you? :lol

I liked the first few seasons of dexter and I hate WD but loved the comics. I just like bad B horror movies.

I would feel funny calling someone cadaver. :lol

Hey, nice table dead dude.

My friend who hardly ever posts here signed up as Sexual Predator. I'd hate to see what would happen if he posted regularly.

I hear ya, just playing.

This is my most expensive single collectible as well.

It is what it is, i'm lower to middle class in my life to begin with so i'm always scrambling trying to figure out how i'm going to pull off collecting the stuff that pleases me.

Eventually most of us on here hit a ceiling, it gets to become too much stuff.

Cars, statues, figures, movies in the theater, dvd, books.

Eventually sacrifices have to be made, only the super elite wealthy would ever be able to own every single item, and is that even fun?

Having everything would look too congested for me.

This car is important for me, so I did what was necessary to own it.

We're all different, spend on what moves you inside.

Never bought 1/6 Joker socks for $200.00. :yess:

:rotfl

This is pricey, yes, but it is worth the price and the value is there. It's an investment of sorts. It's a solid investment though, just like moving your money into a investment account, it is still there and will most likely always be there and even go up as long as you take care of this item the value will always be there. The good thing is that unlike $700.00 in your account you can sit and look at this and enjoy it for years to come. Quality of life has a value. The sooner you have this the more time you will have to enjoy it.
As long as you can afford it, you are certainly moving your money into a sound investment. Batman movies will come and go but they just don't pop out 89' bat mobiles every time.

Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime chance to get one direct and unmolested for the cheapest it will ever be.

I have the original SS Endo arm and when people ask how much it cost (500$) you can almost tell their thinking I just spend money carelessly, then I tell them "yeah now they go for like 2k on ebay I wish I had bought more".

Here is my batmobile!

15f681aa42cdd5ddb9aa9913825465e2_zpsc8f46abd.jpg

1F4D4EC3-057F-414F-B98A-E7467C70C9B5-21540-00000C14A02472F3_zps5092c581.jpg

EAA5F528-9331-44EA-AC45-C106CD2CC721-21540-00000C14B6F33E64_zps65393021.jpg

176CB3C3-E699-43AD-86A2-7C6CA44CB765-21540-00000C149A324F61_zps2a2ef6ff.jpg

This thing is amazing! Batman was easy to get in. I just took off his boots. I saw the lights in the cockpit are just stunning in person. The batmobile fits great in the granas table with all the mods. Now I just need a place for my tumbler and bat pod.

congrats mate, just stunning display, cant wait to get mine
:clap:clap

This is pricey, yes, but it is worth the price and the value is there. It's an investment of sorts. It's a solid investment though, just like moving your money into a investment account, it is still there and will most likely always be there and even go up as long as you take care of this item the value will always be there. The good thing is that unlike $700.00 in your account you can sit and look at this and enjoy it for years to come. Quality of life has a value. The sooner you have this the more time you will have to enjoy it.
As long as you can afford it, you are certainly moving your money into a sound investment. Batman movies will come and go but they just don't pop out 89' bat mobiles every time.

Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime chance to get one direct and unmolested for the cheapest it will ever be.

I have the original SS Endo arm and when people ask how much it cost (500$) you can almost tell their thinking I just spend money carelessly, then I tell them "yeah now they go for like 2k on ebay I wish I had bought more".

I'm sending my wife this quote before I bring it in.

Since people have been taking all the cool pix, I am going to show some practical/less glamorous pictures:

The underside of the armor/shell:
8w2s.jpg

You can see the foam pieces attached to prevent scratching the car itself. (It appears, I maybe missing a foam piece?) Thus explains why you can turn it upside down with the armor/shell in the HT instruction video on how to release your Batmobile

The leading edge of the armor/shell:
18vf.jpg

This shows the protective film at the edge and you can peal it off

Air bubbles between the protective film and armor/shell at the headlight:
t6to.jpg

Close up of the underside of the armor/shell:
kbt2.jpg

This shows the true texture of the armor/shell after you pealed off the protective film, it is not as glossy

At last, the Batmobile:
7mo0.jpg

I have included a box of Kleenex to show scale

Okay, box comparison, Batpod & Batmobile:
4ap5.jpg

n3lo.jpg

As you can see, the Batmobile can eat the Batpod box for lunch
(Pls excuse the messy garage)

Thanks. Have to find time to clean out the garage and take this monster out to check it out completely. Didn't have time to take my DX09 out to see his ride either :slap

ooopsie, just to be clear, I was laughing at the "batpod for lunch" part, not the state of the garage. Mine's much worse! :lol

Back