1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

FedEx guy just dollied mine up to the front door. I feel like I just took delivery of a refrigerator. If size matters then this thing gets all the chicks.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Does anyone know what retailer has the best price on these?
AE. However keep in mind Josh said they MIGHT charge more but if they do, they'll let you cancel without any fee.

They're charging $650 + $12 in rewards points so about $640. After that Sideshow is the cheapest.

Short review: HOLY EFFIN WOW

The box is massive and a sight to behold, but the real holy crap moment comes when that top layer of styrofoam is removed and the shield is revealed. Online pics and videos don't do that moment justice.

The shield flimsiness doesn't bother me at all. In fact I think I like its size/weight just the way it is. It feels right and would become cumbersome if it were thicker IMHO.

Interesting tidbit: there appears to be two bulbs in each front headlight and they are different colors. One is more yellow and the other more white.

Bottom line: worth every penny and many more. If you have the space and dollars, you won't regret it. I keep looking at it and it feels like a work of art.

Hot Toys upped its game with this release and I can only imagine how awesome the BTTF Delorean will be.

Now I want the Returns characters even more.

GothamCityBoy you got a nice display for your batmobile!

Absolutely stunning.

Too bad I can't afford (space or money wise) an '89 collection.

Short review: HOLY EFFIN WOW
The box is massive and a sight to behold, but the real holy crap moment comes when that top layer of styrofoam is removed and the shield is revealed. Online pics and videos don't do that moment justice.

Absolutely! My moment came when I first opened the box and start picking out the covers for the machine guns. I was like "These covers are huge!", then the stand and shinbreaker, all of them bigger than I expected. Then when I remove the styrofoam and saw the armor/shell, I was like OMG!. I was stunned by the size of the car after removing the armor/shell. In fact, just thinking about it again, I'm still stunned by the size of the car. Nothing, absolutely nothing, can really prepare you for the moment you open the box and see the car for the very first time.

Your best bet is Sideshow then. If you order now you'll probably have it shipped soon as well since that's why they seem to run things.

SS can stick it. They want $750 shipped. I'd go eBay before them. Batbrain offered to help me out, so I might have found a solution thanks to him.

AE now has one more Batmobile....had to cancel this one.

FedEx always deliver a day before the scheduled date!! Have it down for Monday delivery but this beast is Arriving TOMORROW!!:woo

Back