1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Mine will never touch concrete. :lol

That's what I thought but still glad he did do it and took pictures ;)
too bad his pictures are not as sharp as they could be

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Oh man the cocoon armour is hideous! What a disappointment, hot toys can be so cheap, should be hard plastic instead of a tray. Might as well throw in the bin when i get mine. Such a low point to this supposed high end collectable.
The small hot wheels 1/50 version of the coccon is far superior to this giant blob of trite!

My luck a dog would walk over and urinate inside the canopy. :(

Then his pee would stick to the tire rubber and my batmobile would smell like pee forever.

You know what would be funny? Take it to McDonald's with your kid, order a happy meal and then walk outside when a crowd of people approach with the batmobile under your arm and have your kid say "BEST HAPPY MEAL TOY EVER!" and then sneak back over to the window and watch the fireworks at the register.

looking at it closely and having bubbles all over again I am positive that there is a layer of protective film that needs to be removed so someone owning this please do it and take another picture for all the shield enthusiasts ;)
as for tray, thicker or not it still would be a tray ;)

You know what would be funny? Take it to McDonald's with your kid, order a happy meal and then walk outside when a crowd of people approach with the batmobile under your arm and have your kid say "BEST HAPPY MEAL TOY EVER!" and then sneak back over to the window and watch the fireworks at the register.

batman%20returns.jpg

1992+McDonald%2527s+Batman+Returns+Batmobile+15.JPG

2931267205_ba14dfca3d_o.jpg

Holy crap I need to do that.

Hmmm. AP Collectibles has an extra of these and shipping would only be $29.95 for me since we're only one state apart. Hmmmm.

Last edited:

I remember that McD swag, I was crazy for that when I was a kid. I started with the Taco Bell stuff for the 89 movie.

****, the shipping from other places is so cheap compared to ss. 225 for shipping for 2 from ss. No way others stores are eating that much.

I'm dropping my BBTS pre-order. It's on their site if anyone wants it.

I had the Mickie D's Batman Returns Cup, Penguin, Catwoman and Batman!!!

I don't get you guys, the cocoon is fine, nothing is perfect, plastic made in china is crap either way so I am not really surprised. But I have to make do since it's the only Batmobile from the returns era with the coccon as an accessory, so the closest thing is the 1:50 hot wheels batman diecast one lol.

I'm surprised by all the people who actually thought the shield was going to be something more than just a flimsy plastic shell. It always looked like that in the promo pictures, at least it did to me.

I actually really like it, reminds me of the Batmobile I had when I was a boy.

I'm surprised by all the people who actually thought the shield was going to be something more than just a flimsy plastic shell. It always looked like that in the promo pictures, at least it did to me.

But it's not a flimsy shell, didn't you see the video of the shield flipped over holding the weight of the car. :dunno

Ordered this the day it went up. Cancelled back in January after freaking out about costs associated with our 12 month old ($1600 a month in daycare will do that). Yet after seeing these pictures I'm about to pull the trigger again. :slap:slap:slap:slap

Im sure some 3rd party will cast the shield in hard plastic and sell it. This hobby sorta takes care of itself like that. Just wait a while.

Regardless, just the fact that it was upside down taking some weight proves it's not flimsy.

Not regardless at all.

If it was still bolted then there is no weight to support by the shield when turned upside down as the board would be carrying it.

Not regardless at all.

If it was still bolted then there is no weight to support by the shield when turned upside down as the board would be carrying it.
No, the weight of the board and the car combined would still be put on the cocoon.

Back