1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

May 2013 can't come soon enough.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Seriously, this thing blows it out of the water. I need to post an ad in the newspaper: "Sugar Mama wanted, I have Hot Toys to buy." :lol

Curse you gin n tonics and wine with dinner...ordered. :slap

Doh..thought you had no more space? That toy room will be a playpen soon

Moving into the finished basement. The baby and I will have to learn to share that room. My "office" is getting a deadbolt lock this summer. Shes not allowed in there til she 's 18 and dating. :gah:

Meaning that my collection has spread from my "office" down to to basement...just as Laura said it would.

Last edited:

It's not a money issue, it's a space issue! I don't know WTF I'm gonna put the thing.. I posted this before but it's still my problem..

:(

EtagereIkeaDetolf.jpg

(that's not my detolf BTW just an image grab from google!)

:lecture Ultimate space saving solution. Hahaha! :lol

Too funny.

Looking good. Can't wait to own that. The little magnet handle is pretty cool. My favorite part of this reveal though would have to be the details on the bottom of the vehicle. That's what I'm talking about. They could have just made it simple and not even have details since it would remain unseen, but nope, they went above and beyond. This is going to be a good one.

Yeah, this attention to detail, including details that won't be displayed most of the time, is really raising the bar. Like I've said before (as did many others) if HT changed nothing from the official spec pics, I'd still be happy to own it...but they're still trying to make it even better. If they want to take their time and tweak it even further before the release, I really don't mind waiting to 2013 anymore.

The most drastic improvement is the rear fenders, the boxiness is gone and overall, the car seems a lot curvier now.

This undercarriage seems to be basically a blown up version of the design on the 1/35 Bandai kit, which makes sense since they include the turntable piston attachment. I just ebayed one to build and get a closer look at it, and have something to do to hold me over until 2013.

I'm no accuracy expert on Batman or arguably much anything else but I'm glad to hear that people are seeing improvements in this area on the Batmobile.

I had a big problem with the sides of the car but it looks like they improved it. It looks perfect now that it isn't sticking out. Everything is flowing really well with this prototype. I bet the production piece is amazing.

Here's how it was originally. It looked like a separate piece that stuck out from the sides.

batmobilechaos.jpg

Now it looks more natural like it's actually inside and a part of the unseen interior structure of the vehicle.

563263_324378597624137_138228759572456_978878_766018564_n.jpg

Don't know if this has been posted already: 89 batmobile v. 60's TV batmobile.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m3jcBMI9WU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

It's not a money issue, it's a space issue! I don't know WTF I'm gonna put the thing.. I posted this before but it's still my problem..

:(

EtagereIkeaDetolf.jpg

(that's not my detolf BTW just an image grab from google!)

Yup. Detolfs are for girly man sized collections. . .

Yeah, this attention to detail, including details that won't be displayed most of the time, is really raising the bar. Like I've said before (as did many others) if HT changed nothing from the official spec pics, I'd still be happy to own it...but they're still trying to make it even better. If they want to take their time and tweak it even further before the release, I really don't mind waiting to 2013 anymore.

The most drastic improvement is the rear fenders, the boxiness is gone and overall, the car seems a lot curvier now.

This undercarriage seems to be basically a blown up version of the design on the 1/35 Bandai kit, which makes sense since they include the turntable piston attachment. I just ebayed one to build and get a closer look at it, and have something to do to hold me over until 2013.

Hell yes !!!!!! :D
I love mine.

_MG_1686.jpg

_MG_1692.jpg

Last edited:

I think this is the most amazing thing HT has ever come out with. The wait is long, but the final will be even better then the proto, so it's all good.

Back