1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There really isn't any acrylic product that's 100% effective against UV rays, which also come from regular light bulbs, not just the sun. I had a "professional acrylic fabricator" build a case for my tumbler and he was all excited that he was using acrylite, which was very expensive. Truth is, it probably only blocks out about 80% of UV. Even their almost top of the line OP3 P99 product (non-glare, uv filtering) only blocks out about 92% of UV.

For my posters, they're framed with Tru Vue Museum Glass, which blocks out even more, but it's still not 100%. Plus, it's way too thin to use for anything but laying flat in a frame. I also changed out all of my lighting to use led's, which still put out a small amount of UV, but way better than "regular" bulbs.

Generally speaking, acrylic is better than glass for UV protection, but keep your stuff out of direct sunlight regardless.

Probably a long shot but I'm looking to buy one of these guys if anyone is selling. Pre owned is fine. Thanks!

Shipping will be a beast unless you can find someone close to you. A thing to also watch out for is scratches on the car.

Thanks for the advice. I realize it's a long shot but I figured its worth taking for a piece this iconic. Pretty sure we won't get anything like this for a very long time, or ever.

Anyone asked to Joost if he thought to produce the 89 Batmobile? I think he is focus on vehicules that were never produced, so I think he won?t do it but who knows...

Anyone asked to Joost if he thought to produce the 89 Batmobile? I think he is focus on vehicules that were never produced, so I think he won?t do it but who knows...

I think I remember a post where he mentioned that he wouldn't want to work on things that a company worked one to avoid issues.

Tecno display are the only manufactures I know that produce anti dust, anti UV Protection coating on their curio cabinets, but they fetch an insane museum asking price, so worth it If I could afford it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. I realize it's a long shot but I figured its worth taking for a piece this iconic. Pretty sure we won't get anything like this for a very long time, or ever.

Very true that it will probably never be seen again. I am glad to own one and it is the highlight of my collection. Love the Joker and both Burton Batman figures. I hope you can get one as it is really impressive to see in front of you. Very massive and cool.

Updated: 71 '89 Batmobiles owned by 70 board members, out of a rumoured production run of 800, accounting for 9% of the rumoured number.

1. creasy
  2. DiFabio
  3. DiFabio (has 2)
  4. Jolietbat
  5. ZE_501
  6. Figurefreaks
  7. darkknight
  8. Rondesmo
  9. otomofan
  10. batman717
  11. Cicada17
  12. Ropen
  13. a-dev
  14. Bgnyc007
  15. Jameson Rook
  16. Marine Boy
  17. Sephiroth1089
  18. punisher1974
  19. dls712
  20. t3xAsFi3nd
  21. ILuvToyz
  22. amusedjester
  23. amos brearly
  24. kyekye
  25. Captnemo42
  26. batsheva
  27. TexasFinest
  28. davejames
  29. Positron
  30. DarthAlias
  31. Sardo Numspa
  32. morbidaj
  33. Karnis
  34. xzbit
  35. bdhartma
  36. PH@Ben
  37. c2close
  38. justajokerfan
  39. roach_rch
  40. ebro42
  41. BigWayne
  42. Rex Mason
  43. VashDStampede
  44. MrMojoRisin67
  45. LVCIFERX
  46. Kicker773
  47. Mike Stutelberg
  48. Freakazoid!
  49. brownboy
  50. nathan.never
  51. surforia
  52. Che-Che2837
  53. RED SHOES
  54. Bigbreda
  55. Sideyank14
  56. Lee in MI
  57. nexus
  58. Jaymig926
  59. DFanatic
  60. jacerc130
  61. hawker180
  62. warrior sigma
  63. Redwolf
  64. BurningRage
  65. Indyfan1234
  66. RaBu
  67. The Iron Koob
  68. alucard
  69. Ozzz
  70. Spanbauer
  71. batman232

Add one more. Just caught the list. OG owner, killer piece id say we are over 10% if it is only 800.

Updated: 72 '89 Batmobiles owned by 71 board members, out of a rumoured production run of 800, accounting for 9% of the rumoured number.

1. creasy
  2. DiFabio
  3. DiFabio (has 2)
  4. Jolietbat
  5. ZE_501
  6. Figurefreaks
  7. darkknight
  8. Rondesmo
  9. otomofan
  10. batman717
  11. Cicada17
  12. Ropen
  13. a-dev
  14. Bgnyc007
  15. Jameson Rook
  16. Marine Boy
  17. Sephiroth1089
  18. punisher1974
  19. dls712
  20. t3xAsFi3nd
  21. ILuvToyz
  22. amusedjester
  23. amos brearly
  24. kyekye
  25. Captnemo42
  26. batsheva
  27. TexasFinest
  28. davejames
  29. Positron
  30. DarthAlias
  31. Sardo Numspa
  32. morbidaj
  33. Karnis
  34. xzbit
  35. bdhartma
  36. PH@Ben
  37. c2close
  38. justajokerfan
  39. roach_rch
  40. ebro42
  41. BigWayne
  42. Rex Mason
  43. VashDStampede
  44. MrMojoRisin67
  45. LVCIFERX
  46. Kicker773
  47. Mike Stutelberg
  48. Freakazoid!
  49. brownboy
  50. nathan.never
  51. surforia
  52. Che-Che2837
  53. RED SHOES
  54. Bigbreda
  55. Sideyank14
  56. Lee in MI
  57. nexus
  58. Jaymig926
  59. DFanatic
  60. jacerc130
  61. hawker180
  62. warrior sigma
  63. Redwolf
  64. BurningRage
  65. Indyfan1234
  66. RaBu
  67. The Iron Koob
  68. alucard
  69. Ozzz
  70. Spanbauer
  71. batman232
  72. hokietwo

Add one more. Just caught the list. OG owner, killer piece id say we are over 10% if it is only 800.

Assuming there are people on this board either lurking or who haven't seen this thread, the Freaks probably own over 10% of them. The production number will remain unsubstantiated but I can't imagine there would have been that many more made, and maybe fewer still that survived the initial shipping debacle undamaged...

Do you recommend the mirror wall? Do you find it looks cool?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I really recommend the mirror wall, it?s better than just looking at the back of your painted wall and you see all round the bat mobile, Iv got it with batman standing beside it & I added strip lights at the back.
I think it looks immense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually kinda amazed he gets away with what he does -- too small to go after? Not on anyone's radar?

You mean no one of its products got the licence? Hum... yeah pretty risky in this business. But maybe you?re right he is under radars.

A guy made a custom mat black paint:

https://youtu.be/oekW_gpiwWk

It’s very close to the prototype saw on SDCC 2011:

Cool custom but too mat for me. If you look closely in 89 and returns the car was never mat, neither gloss but satin/semi gloss black and Hot Toys did a pretty good job on the final product.

Hi friends,

Are there any readily available 89 Batmobile on the market today? I'd be happy with with 1/18 scale version for around the $30-40 price range.

Does anything like that exist?

Thanks for any help.

1/18 hot wheels elite version with yellow accents is the only thing for your price range

https://www.diecastmodelswholesale....-edition-1-43-diecast-model-car-by-hotwheels/

it?s a good version, rotating machine guns, sliding canopy and engine compartment, etc, detailed version.

anything else is pricier around the 80 range, or if you want the jada hollywood 1/24 scale for 25 bucks

Probably a long shot but I'm looking to buy one of these guys if anyone is selling. Pre owned is fine. Thanks!

I've been wanting to unload mine for years, but I live in Japan so just imagining the shipping $$$$$$$ is insane. Probably be cheaper to fly to Japan and carry it home. No, it wouldn't fit in a plane seat.

1/18 hot wheels elite version with yellow accents is the only thing for your price range

https://www.diecastmodelswholesale....-edition-1-43-diecast-model-car-by-hotwheels/

it?s a good version, rotating machine guns, sliding canopy and engine compartment, etc, detailed version.

anything else is pricier around the 80 range, or if you want the jada hollywood 1/24 scale for 25 bucks

I still have the original 1/18 Mattel and confession time: I like it better than the Hot Toys. It's so much more manageable. I wouldn't be able to stand the gold highlights though.

I've been wishing for 15 years that the Mattel had a Batman figure in the driver's seat and a cocoon to go with it, but it never happened.

Yes, as said previously the 1/18 HotWheels is the best option. I mean the regular version, the Elite one with this strange mat grey paint and gold accents is weird...

Even if i love my 1/6 Hot Toys because it is cool, massive, impressive, gets great details, the hotwheels is IMO still the best sculpt to date, whatever the scale.

Too orange headlights appart (i've smoked them on mine with Tamiya X-19), everything is perfect in terms of shape and proprtion. The turbine nose, air intakes, canopy and even non interverted machine guns.
A 1/6 Hot Wheels version with good headlights would have been perfection!

Anyway the Hot Toys is amazing and finally its goal is to sublimate Batman DX09. Many of us bought the car just to recreate this!

:wink1:

Thanks very much for the suggestions!

So Hot Wheels it is but avoid the "elite" version because it's not accurate to the source material.

Does anyone have a picture of the box the regular Batmobile came in? My eBay searching would be a lot easier if I knew what I was looking for visually.

Thank you!

Back